The Zookeeper 2.0 | 500K+ DPS | 170+ Corruption | T3 Dungeons | Beginner-Friendly | Full Written Guide | 0.9.0f

i respecced into the cold version of squirrels and opted for the full 10 squirrels. seems to be clearing A LOT faster, but might respec into more minion health, since squirrels tend to be squishy

Thatā€™s nice to hear! Squirrels are bound to be great for clearing, since one companion slot means two squirrels, so they can spread out more. Youā€™ll probably lose single target damage, but if you like the squirrels, it doesnā€™t matter, fun is op!

I did a poison beastmaster a looong time ago, with Serpent Strike, Draalsting, Aspect of the Viper, and a single Scorpion. It was insanely strong, but it was at a time when poison, and Aspect of the Viper in particular, was OP. It would probably still be very strong though :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, I joined this game last October and never tried this before. Just found with primal resonance, there is like a two-second CD venom nova that almost melts everything on the screen, just incredible.

Oh, welcome! ^^ Well, itā€™s a bit late to say welcome, but Iā€™ll say it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: If you have questions about the build I mentioned, feel free to PM me!

I wouldnā€™t drop wolves either

all great suggestions. Like I said in the video, Iā€™m not much of a min-maxer, maybe when the game gives me a reason to do so. But itā€™s nice to see people have their own takes on a build, I think thatā€™s the whole point and fun of it. Always something to improve, so thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

1 Like

How do you get to six total companions? +1 from wolf skill tree, +1 from helm, +1 from bm passive, isnt that just 5 max?

There is a passive node for +1 companion too.

Natureā€™s Embrace passive gives +1, as well as the BM mastery bonus.

Love the build, this is my first time playing this game, and Iā€™m really enjoying it, thank you!

I wanted to point out what I think may be a flaw in the loot filter: in the recoloring section near the bottom, all the tier sums are set to ā€œequalā€ instead of ā€œmore or equal,ā€ even though it looks like on the rule name it has >= marked. I picked up a recolored item with tier sum =6, increased one of the affixes and dropped it, and it was invisible to the filter, because it was now at tier sum=7.

Ć²h thatā€™s a good point, should be equal or more indeed

thx smithtim108 for the alert

question now i found atorā€™s legacy
i play with raptor, sabertooth, bear and 2 wolves and swipe

is one more wolf better than my helmet
implicits
armour
54 % minion damage

prefixes
+2 wolf 41% minion damage
+7 strength
suffixes
19% health
23% phys res

atorā€™s is just for one more compagnon right ?

more minions are basically a more multiplier to damage, so losing a sixth of your minions is kind of the same as losing a sixth of your damage. Not 100% accurate of course, but thatā€™s probably the way to look at this.

why should we use Itelligence for this build?

I think the intelligence youā€™re seeing is solely the result of being on random exalted items he didnā€™t want to risk losing good stats on by using a Rune of Removal. I think itā€™s just incidental.

1 Like

no, but I donā€™t have perfect gear, so Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some random int stats on the build too. Iā€™m mentioning what to focus on in the wish list/stats section of the guide.

I think the big one in the Frenzy Totem tree is 250% increase crit chance for minions when your Wolves howl. I would not drop that, it feels incredibly strong.

Irony alert. I postponed this Zoo build when a decent Squirrel Helm dropped. Mine had a very poor roll for chance to bleed for minions, so i went with the full crit build and 10 Squirrels. Itā€™s good, but not great. Squirrel crits are small so it felt only on a par with this Zoo. However a 2nd Squirrel hat dropped soon after that had almost maxxed out minion bleed roll so I fully respecced to bleed Squirrels.

OMG that made a world of difference. That char immediately became my 2nd most powerful of all, absolutely destroying empowered monos. Bleed Squirrels is next level. Iā€™ve found it fine for single target (in fact it absolutely destroys single target, hitting 500+ Bleeds in mere seconds), it is arena/clear it has some (minor) issues with.

2 Likes