The shatter King. A 150k Critting Spellblade that destroys everything with Cold. 0.8.1c

Video

This Build Tier Rating is:

Best --->--->--->---> Decent >--->--->--->---> Worst

Build Overview

Pros
  • Huge Damage
  • Nice AoE
  • 2 Swords always better than 1
  • No uniques required
Cons
  • Not the tankiest, if you leave anything alive.

Dammitt’s Builder Link

Now updated to 0.8.1c
150k DPS Shatterstrike Spellblade Gear/Blessings/Idols In One Fancy Place

Updates

• Initially posted March 13th 2021. Viable for 0.8.1c

Passives

Mage
Spellblade

Skills

Shatterstrike
Mana Strike
Surge
Enchant Weapon
Flame Ward

Looking For a different build? Here’s all my builds in One fancy spot!

All My Builds In One Fancy Place Click This

Join my Discord and use the !Search function in any of the Search-bot channels to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/mastery/skill/patch and more!

Boardman21's Discord Link Click Here

3 Likes

Oh wow, 2 new builds in a day. How can I choose? Joking…
Good job man, keep up the good work.

1 Like

u never show on what difficulties u are and modifier on the gameplay, normal or empowered ?

Most always timeslines are not empowered. I could show modifiers again, but i hide them as they looked unclean and people said it looked better without them. Im open to trying it again.

i guess its ok if its always normal, just didnt know, is there any spellblade for high echoes empowered ? would like to see some build for higher end gameplay

if you throw on prism wraps on this build it can do quite well at high echoes against 100 Timelines. Also respec flame ward to give more DR instead of offense damage.

The mage class is setup atm to be a very high APM high skill level class to perform well at endgame. It doesnt have any “easy” defense like sentinel with Shield throw and 20k armor or rogue 100% GB just for wearing 2 swords.

What do you think about building in ward into this build. That is the biggest difference between how i built this build for myself. Id be interested in your thoughts about that. thanks!

Or with exang and last steps :slight_smile:

You can for sure run it as low life and most likely do even better with survivability.

I am trying to do a few builds with out that powerful unique combo as most new players are going along time before actually gettting them.

1 Like

And thank you for this! I’m not a new player anymore and I have both items, but I find relatively sad that this combo is becoming meta. I’m very happy with the incredible variety of viable and powerful builds, and I fear having many Exsang/LastSteps would be a step backwards in variety. Having two almost mandatory items is not a good thing in my opinion.

I’ve had a lot of fun with this build since I got the game. It feels even better now that dual wielding is on the table. I tend to build it tankier with passive ward generation with “of energy” idols instead of “of biting”. Now with Surge it has the mobility it was sorely lacking. So cheers Boardman for getting a guide together.

Also RIP Ice Ward.

1 Like

Would be cool if you could write what to change if we run the exang/last steps setup.

Hi, just reached end game with my first character with this build, thank you very much, seem fun!

I have 4 questions:

1. Why do you take Fire Aura → Cold in both talents and Flame Ward? Isn’t 1 enough to save a FW point or a passive?

2. I tried Teleporting Strike (Mana strike) but gives sooo little mana I think is terrible, can you explain this passive skill?

3. About Surge “Fulmination”, Fire (Cold) Aura damage sucks, why do we invest 4 points here? Isn’t like Storm Aegis for some Ward better?

4. Is Blades of Fire really more damage than Blade Weaver (last talents in Spellblade tree)?. We alternate Shatter + Mana Strike all the time, maybe can be good.

In the video I said that you can respec from either spot and place points elsewhere.

Not sure what you mean by explain it. It gives mana back when you hit an enemey. We get mana hungry at times! You can use focus instead.

If you need ward and not just a little more damage then yes.
These builds can have many iterations. There is Bo perfect/only one way to build. I recommend trying lots of things :slight_smile:

Just a quick general question, should I wait until I reach end game before I spec into this build (aka use the 1 to 75 spellblade lvl guide) or should I start to spec as I level ?

Shatterstrike is a very viable skill to use during leveling. You can use it the moment you unlock the mastery

Watched your video, dumb question of the day: How do I auto cast skills?

2 Likes

Also, Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Much obliged on both counts, another PoE refugee here with high hopes for the game.

2 Likes