The "Regifter" Keeps Giving! Paladin Update 0.8.1b

You can level this up as is. Start using vengeance from level 4. You can use rive instead if you want and switch to vengeance at endgame

Just wanted to give a shout out to @boardman21 and thank you for this build. I combined it with your Forge Guard Rive build (swapping out the block talents for more damage and healing) and cleared all of the MoFs for the first time. I’m working through the Legendaries now and look forward to trying it on high ladder.

2 Likes

Hi @boardman21,
thank you very much for your guides and work you put in it.
Im a new player and will try this build. Can I follow your void knight levelguide to the point where i can choose the Mastery and then follow this build? Or do you have any other level tipps for this build.

Thank you very much and keep up your great content.

Ypu can use that guide yes. It will do less void damage but you can still.easily beat campaign

There’s an error with your builder. Under the Sentinel Passive it says you only invest 30 points but if you really count them, there’re more than 30 points. I don’t know how this happens but it confused the helll out of me.

The base sentinel only has up to a 30 points line. People get confused alot. The number in the oassives tab doesmt represent how many points are in there its what line is unlocked. Base only goes to 30 non mastered goes to 25 no limit on mastered class

Ok thanks that explains why

OK…I LOVE this build. Thank you. here is the question tho. This build vs. the Decimator paladin? Im about to get the last piece i need for decimator. Please help. they seem similar. Same question to the Void Knight version: the VK Decimator…Play Paladin Regifter and VK Decimator???
Thanks
:slight_smile:

This build is much tankier with slightly less DPS than Decimator. So Offense or defense is the question back to you.

ha…ok VK Decimator it is then…thanks Bro :slight_smile:

what about staying regifterish but changing to Rive…what that do?

You lose the DR from vengeance but its still good!

I actually combined your two builds on my Paladin. I think the offensive concept of the Decimator is the best currently available to the Sentinel and the same could be said for the Regifter for defense. The Decimator can struggle before he closes the gap to Rive/leech and that’s where the Regifter regen really helps (though it’s never quite as high as a pure Regifter build). I’ve also found the Decimator can give up the Off-Hand and Relic slot and still remain ahead of the Regifter on DPS.

I’m really loving my Paladin built this way; best of both worlds.

1 Like

sounds interesting. I may take a look at it. Can u post your build?

im confused…what time line drops Gaspers will?
thanks o.O

The last ruin.

I use Gasper’s Will in my main hand and Shard of the Shattered Lance in my off hand, plus Fragments of the Shattered Lance in the Relic slot to trigger the set bonus and activate the “Regifter” regen (see boardman21’s Regifter Paladin for more details). I also shifted around some passive points that benefit both builds like more into STR nodes and maxed the VIT node in tier 1 Sentinel because it also gives 80% health regeneration. Most items can benefit both builds, though I did have ignite chance on belt slot specifically for Decimator.

I also dropped Lightbringer talent in the Abyssal Echoes skill tree so that my AEs do void damage and proc ignites, rather than fire damage to proc Decimation. This helps offset me getting less ignite chance from using the Fragment Relic instead of the Soulfire one boardman21’s Decimator guide recommends.

This build is really good. I played it from the start, using your skill tree to level with and the gear I found along the way. I took it all the way to Empowered monoliths (level 94 now) and decided to alter it a bit for more quality of life and DPS, without losing much tank.

I switched Rive over to ignite, dabbled just a little in the Void Knight tree to get Abyssal Echoes, and dropped Ring of Shields because the spinning shields annoyed me (and covered nasty ground effects). Ring is great for blocking archers, but I found that killing them is just as good. I do about 80k crits on the training dummy with Rive, but in real life level 100’s it hits between 5k-10k. Abyssal Echoes is used to supercharge my kill speed, and I only use it for packs, or pulling packs into bosses to blow them all up.

Thanks for all your builds. Here is a link to my current setup if anyone is interested:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/PAV7nZQg

1 Like

And giving and giving and giving… and able to revive an old thread too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Still playing a mix of this and the older one and dinged lvl98 and I have finished all the empowered level 100 MoFs, killed empowered shadyboy more than a few times and just managed a 220 lvl arena without much hassle (got trapped and couldnt move away from some DoT ground effects else wouldve survived longer - would love Diablos boots that let you move through mobs :wink: ).

If anyone is interested:

Mixed and matched most of the changes from both builds into a sort of hybrid version… not quite as tanky as one but more DPS than the other… Most obvious things i did was use the Undisputed instead of a second Shard of the Shattered Lance. The 0.8.2 changes also apply especially things like idols etc. and I swapped around a few passives sacrificing all block for Str and getting the Penance node etc… So its gets the boost of the Shattered Lance set but also the Undisputed/Bleed/Penance… Works quite well for me and generates health damn fast through regen AND the occassional leech affix… (if you want to forgo the shattered lance set you can use Valdyr’s Chalice… Only downside is DoT/ground effects. Virtually immue to physical damage thanks to the new armour change in 0.8.2 and damage is pretty decent too… can take out packs of mobs in a second or two and most rares take not much longer… Damn physical beetle queens are no fun tho…:wink: Skills i changed to more healing & offence in general losing the block based nodes etc…

So… still a build that works really well and if you like melee play with very simple skill use then its definitely worth a try…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.