Granted Last Epoch is still in beta, but I was able to get into the top 25 on the ladder with my third character using this build almost as is. I found it to be an excellent combination of damage and survivability. It’s easy to get resistances capped or close to cap. The damage reduction is pretty ridiculous. I only got one-shot once, and that was because a siege golem got a critical in a monolith where I’d been a little lax in choice of mods. The only mobs that are really dangerous are ranged mobs that use poison or whose attacks don’t seem to register as attacks but rather DoT (Bitterwings anybody?)
The gearing has been remarkably smooth. I’m still trying to put together a ring, an amulet, and better gloves, but most of the other stuff is good enough. The current character is https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/ko3Z10BY
Some things that I recommend as changes (based on limited experience):
- Swap out an affix on the helmet for +# to Vengeance:
- Swap the “Shrouding” (Dodge rating for 4 seconds…) prefix on the belt for “Nomad’s” (Extra Potion Slot and Potion Health)
- Make sure the suffixes on the ornate idol are either “of the Bulwark” (Block Effectiveness) or “of Life” (flat health)
- Same goes for the large idols
- Swap the “Assassin’s” prefix where you find it for something else (ex. “Warrior’s” or “Mighty”) on the rings. The build doesn’t rely on critical strikes, so we might get better utility out of something else.
For anybody who’s interested, I created a loot filter for the build that can be found at Regifter Late Game Filter. The filter is definitely late/end game oriented. If you want to use it earlier, change the rarity filter to include rares decrease the tier off affixes being searched for.
Again, thank you for making this build. It’s been a great way to get into Last Epoch and see what the game is from start to finish.