The new defence system and its future

It IS MISSING it was telling: 100 damage over / 75% res
which is a FALSE CLAIM because in reality it was 100 dmg with 70% converted as phys and 12k phys res → which is CLEARLY NOT 75% res

All that said my point is:

1. FIX monster damage please, rather than bringing back the old 1 way only combo for sentinel.
  2. (IMO) Class affixes could be less grindy so we want to farm to try more stuff on multiple classes.

if i take 100 damage from an archer
what conversion is taking place?
(the archer does physical damage and all my examples in this post use physical damage enemies btw)

EXPLAIN ^^

1 Like

This I accept. I will concede this point.

This seems a bit off. There is modification, it is just scaling. The scaling is also hidden as far as I know. You see an Arena level, but how does that translate to real scaling numbers? Do Arena monsters scale past normal caps? (can they have more than 75% pen?)

Man I dont mean to be rude, but all of this is known and my post is contrasted with numbers and experience.

Arena has a liniar scaling and it gets affected by a multiplier on both damage and HP at wave 100, 200 and 300, after that the scaling is linear only.

Has it not changed since .7.8?

The mentioned multipliers that have public values on the patchnotes for 7.9.
Curve 9% faster.

Btw, the multipliers were initially bugged and I made threat that got it fixed. The feedback i got from some idividuals, was the same I’m getting now: uneducated. Thankfully arena got fixed after doing the threat on a hotfix.

2 Likes

Mobs deal 500dmg
12k phys protection EQUALS 12k HP
500 damage goes to 12k HP
→ Convert other damage into Phys and Fire

0.7.9 WITHOUT X as phys conversion
Have 2k hp
take 500 damage → die

Mobs STILL DEAL 500dmg
Protections and conversion are no more
500 damage goes to 1.5k HP
Get blapped, the end

Are you sure you understand how those conversions were working on 0.7.9?

To be clear, Lizard’s examples in this post are all based on Physical damage, which would not have been converted in any way in 0.7.9. It makes those conversions irrelevant for the sake of how scaling is working in the arena in regards to Lizard’s examples. They literally are playing no role here.

4 Likes

Maybe I should have written that better!

What I meant was that the mobs in Arena don’t have the additional modifiers that are present in monoliths that accumulate and persist over multiple timelines. Yes, they do scale, and yes, that is a “modification”. But a mob won’t suddenly gain dodge chance or chill on it etc unless it is within that mobs normal framework.

So, even with scaling, Arena test results are far more revealing as they contain less noise.

1 Like

What are you exactly converting man?

Im taking 100 physical damage xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Everything you typed there is wrong xD

Thank god…
Ive tried to explain this for a bit, no success.

Does the penetration scaling happen in Arena? If so, how? (Does the zone level change every 15 levels?)

1 Like

Scale no its still the 75% as it is in every area 75+

1 Like

armor last patch had nothing to do with conversions, are you actually trolling?

1 Like

You know you could reach really high armor regardless of conversions.
5k was a normal value just from passives on Sentinel or Druid…

You know how much you can stack now? 0
Players grinding for 12k and optimizing gear to get max values, has nothing to do with the post.

This is literally what the post is about, that protection based classes on 7.9 need and alternative to gain the EHP they lost. As the other classes are fine in current system as they never used prots to beggin with.

1 Like

No one is trolling you. Your worry about conversions literally do not apply to Lizard’s examples in any way, so they can’t be the source of the problem. You’re stuck on this, but it has no part of the equation. If he was giving examples where he was getting hit by Necrotic, then fine, we would need to explore that as a possible reason. But there is nothing but physical damage happening here.

3 Likes

What they are saying is that previously the damage was converted to physical. The damage they are testing is ALREADY physical.

7.9 had a lot of broken OP mechanics. I think resistances was one of them. Ward definitely was. Being able to get an effective 93% resistance was a little too much.

Sentinels SHOULD NOT get something to replace the lost eHP if it is based on 93% resist in .7.9. It was too much and needed nerfed. Same as Ward SHOULD NOT be able to get to 200k.

1 Like

I believe Zaens argument is that because conversions existed, you got to ignore stats which let Lizard get more armor then would have been possible if he had to also worry about necrotic EHP. The thing is it wouldnt matter cause most that armor was free anyway in passive tree. even if Lizard went from 8k armor to 5k because he also needed to get necrotic, it is still vastly more dmg reduction then current system

1 Like

It is because ONLY BY HAVING [70% necro/poison as phys and the Void as fire amu] YOU COULD STACK: 12k fire and phys prots

If you didnt convert you probably had 3k prots all around which equals 3k life here. And the arena blapped you the same as now because ARENA DMG DIDNT CHANGE.

Yeah conversions just freed up some room. Sentinel was super tanky even without those conversions. They were just icing on the cake. Also, those conversions still exist, but there’s just nothing to stack anymore since we have a cap on resistances now.

1 Like