The new defence system and its future

You know you could reach really high armor regardless of conversions.
5k was a normal value just from passives on Sentinel or Druid…

You know how much you can stack now? 0
Players grinding for 12k and optimizing gear to get max values, has nothing to do with the post.

This is literally what the post is about, that protection based classes on 7.9 need and alternative to gain the EHP they lost. As the other classes are fine in current system as they never used prots to beggin with.

1 Like

No one is trolling you. Your worry about conversions literally do not apply to Lizard’s examples in any way, so they can’t be the source of the problem. You’re stuck on this, but it has no part of the equation. If he was giving examples where he was getting hit by Necrotic, then fine, we would need to explore that as a possible reason. But there is nothing but physical damage happening here.

3 Likes

What they are saying is that previously the damage was converted to physical. The damage they are testing is ALREADY physical.

7.9 had a lot of broken OP mechanics. I think resistances was one of them. Ward definitely was. Being able to get an effective 93% resistance was a little too much.

Sentinels SHOULD NOT get something to replace the lost eHP if it is based on 93% resist in .7.9. It was too much and needed nerfed. Same as Ward SHOULD NOT be able to get to 200k.

1 Like

I believe Zaens argument is that because conversions existed, you got to ignore stats which let Lizard get more armor then would have been possible if he had to also worry about necrotic EHP. The thing is it wouldnt matter cause most that armor was free anyway in passive tree. even if Lizard went from 8k armor to 5k because he also needed to get necrotic, it is still vastly more dmg reduction then current system

1 Like

It is because ONLY BY HAVING [70% necro/poison as phys and the Void as fire amu] YOU COULD STACK: 12k fire and phys prots

If you didnt convert you probably had 3k prots all around which equals 3k life here. And the arena blapped you the same as now because ARENA DMG DIDNT CHANGE.

Yeah conversions just freed up some room. Sentinel was super tanky even without those conversions. They were just icing on the cake. Also, those conversions still exist, but there’s just nothing to stack anymore since we have a cap on resistances now.

1 Like

Precisely.

We went from up to true 95% mitigations on all sources of damage, to 0% (due to penetration)
@ZaeN 3k protections were equal to 85% true mitigations.
75% true mitigations on protections in 7.9 with the base hp values was around 1800.
That was really easy to get.

Now we have 0%!!!
Even 10% mitigation in the old system would be more that we have now, becouse enemies had no pen…

Were protections strong? yeah (still weaker than range) is havign 0% dr reasonable when we had 95%? NO xD

1 Like

This is just not true. If you didnt convert you still had way more than 3k prots

2 Likes

Way more…

I would like to see at what cost in terms of damage tho, it wasnt free or cheap for sure

Damage is built in idol slots and weapon slot (prefixes) Leaving you with more than enough damage to deal with every content however… It is indeed damage loss on the damage you did not need if you count in the str and physical % you lost from other sources because of stacking defense. This damage you could’ve had was already overkill while surviving was the issue.

1 Like

This is bullshit again because you dont get infinite tries and drops to craft 4xT5 gear instantly but OH WELL i guess i am wrong again, only my gear costed in terms of farm and days

1 Like

Well Sarno’s closed the other thread to prune it, so I’d expect this one to get the same treatment…

1 Like

Thx mcmagic and i agree with fluffin & both. I wanted to write something simple without being antagonized

No worries I think this discussion has gotten a bit too heated on both sides, and has gotten unproductive because of it. Some time away from the thread to collect any remaining thoughts might be for the best for all who are actively engaged in the discussion at this point.

1 Like

I am having a great time!

Guys, the other thread was closed & then moderated by @Sarno, do you really want him to do the same to this one was well?

Too late; I’m already here. :slightly_smiling_face:

edit: It’s worth noting that the other thread is open again btw.

6 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.