The lack of interesting exploration in LE IMO

I don’t think anything is quite that set in stone or dire so far. Early Access means “unfinished product.” It bears remembering. However, that’s also what these Feedback forums are for, as well as the official Discord.

I have witnessed that LE has gone through with massive changes to key systems and upgrades as time permits. We had a global pandemic that probably set the dev team back at least 3 years if you count the time lost, time to catch up, and where they should have been had things not disrupted the world.

The EHG team actually engages with the player base in wanting to make a game that works for most of the players based on the vision they have for the game. I rather see them take the time to work on foundational systems, get them to a stronger state then come back to review exploration.

I have given examples of how to do this. Give it some time. Now if they do not have this straightened out by 2024 then it’s a complete bust.

1 Like

Given EHG are based all over the world, how did you come to a figure of 3 years?

Standard law of time lost. It will take you 3 times as long to get back to where you were going to be if you never lost the time.

Fair enough, but how do you know how much time they lost? It’s clear that they’ve not been doing nothing for the past 18 months.

Please understand, I do have industry expertise in professional game development. A good example is to use their development schedule that you are well aware of and see where it is at based on all of the circumstances. Based on the Kickstarter estimated schedule full release would have been in April 2020. It’s now over 14 months later than that original window. The other tell tale sign is the expanded beta timeline. Which based on that again is 26 months behind the estimated schedule. Which is holding pretty solid to the 3 year time frame of overall time lost based on circumstances outside of EHG’s control.

Yeah, but that was changed before covid, though it does show that they’re not getting through things as fast as they originally thought back in the day. Unless I’m misremembering things (entirely possible), but they did say before Apr20 (ie, effectively pre-covid) that they wouldn’t be releasing in Apr20.

Then yes you have confirming indirectly what I am meaning.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.