The Imperial Uprising: Event Details & Poll Results

Excited for everything that is coming along with this refresh!

This 100%. Please don’t waste time on Legacy. People playing Legacy don’t understand the point of cyclical ARPGs and are not what will keep the game alive.

2 Likes

L BOZO lol bye

Regarding the better MG functionality: I recognize this will make searching for idols much easier but will we be able to search for unique rolls? Items like unstable core or + to skill uniques would be much easier to search for if their affixes were available

it is late in the cycle and temporary

While it hasn’t made it in yet, this is something being discussed by the team as we have seen that feedback!

1 Like

A better solution in the future for mid-cycle refreshes is to leave the cycle characters alone and let them continue their grind on their leaderboards (ie don’t transfer them to legacy). The do a soft reset (ie Cycle 2.5) requiring new characters, with everything reset (leaderboards, economy, and loot) EXCEPT FOR our stash tabs and our affixes.

Furthermore, look into Grim Dawn’s community league and how they do their leaderboards/races. It’s a point based system where you are rewarded points by completing various objectives. It’s a much more rewarding experience, and often requires building multiple characters to complete various objectives at certain level caps (defeating X boss at max lvl 90, etc).

You don’t have to copy GD, but we do need something more to keep us engaged beyond just a boring endless arena.

4 Likes

Honestly I skipped the last cycle, and I might do the same here. Personally I enjoy legacy more simply because the thing I enjoy most is testing end game builds. While the leveling of alts and the mono grind is significantly faster now, I still would rather just have a character I can immediately go in and test new items/content. But I know I am in a very tiny % of the overall player base.

Also the issue mentioned above about stash tabs highly demotivates me playing cycles. At least if I play legacy I know my gold will go to fueling my item hoarding addiction. My 1.0 character had a large number of items saved, but I couldn’t move all the ones I wanted to my legacy stash… Which means I end up having to search two different stashes when trying to find certain affixes/base types to try to craft. It feels strange to be that an update improving stash functionality doesn’t include a fix for a glaring issue with the stash and cycles.

2 Likes

you dont have to start over in LE. everything in Cycle is in Legacy. nemisis, the hrabis…etc its all in legacy. you only need to play cycle if you want to compete on the ladder or want a refreshed economy.

1 Like

hello
Will you add roll improvement (from bazaar) to item filters too? it will be nice. Especialy for idols

1 Like

dude my stash is golden 2 days into cycle. what on earth are you keeping?

1 Like

A ton of things. Between my 1.0 cycle stash and legacy I have roughly 160 tabs of items. This is because I test so many different things, I constantly am in need of specific base types and rolls for lots of different characters and archetypes.

lol…dude thinks Diablo is going to be better than this. Enjoy your 2 hour grind to max level and everything handed to you by day 3 so you can complain about being bored :rofl:

3 Likes

Lezgaw! excited for the upcoming reset!

Exciting!

Can’t imagine who on earth would be voting No for a cycle refresh. Glad that the majority agree it’s best for the cycle.

1 Like

Developers, please read! First, thanks for the update. Second, make a function that will allow you to immediately find out from the inventory the price of an item at which other players are selling it, like Awakend Poe Trade in POE. There are hundreds of things in the inventory and for each one you have to enter a filter and search, it’s just killing you. And it takes up a huge amount of time.

3 Likes

Can we get more% drop chance for obsidian resonance for CoF players who play in party? Me and a friend played together alot this cycle and i have only received approximately 4 obsidian resonance, same with him. Which mean gears we have been waiting to give eachother stayed in our stash due to lack of Obsidian(purple) resonance… Merchants guild can sell and trade everything they find, us CoF players are trying to gift it to friends FREE and cant even do that…

3 Likes

You do realize that a lot of players supported this game way before 1.0 and before it was a cyclical arpg right ?

People playing cycle don’t understand that some players do prefer (offline) permanent progression.

4 Likes

You aren’t required to cash in your sales on MG if you ever hit the cap, you can just let them idle in your sell history and cash them in one by one once you spend your gold and are below the cap again.

Personally, I have no issues with how stashes are handled. I mainly play Cycles. There’s no need to move every item from cycle stash into legacy after the cycle ends, you just grab the items you need from cycle stash when you need them … I know people don’t like it, but I see no issue.

1 Like