The Game Guide Is Coming in Our Next Update!

Ever wanted to better understand crafting instability, learn more about the differences between hits and damage over time, or get a better handle on how protections work?

Good news! Starting in Patch 0.7.8, you can press G to git gud Game Guide!

The Game Guide features;

• Pages which each explain one facet of Last Epoch.
  • Collapsible categories that group related pages together.
  • A search bar to help you quickly find what you’re looking for.
  • Links to related pages for additional information.

Here’s how it currently looks (work in progress);

The search bar is shown on the left, while Rune of Shattering is a link to another page.

The Game Guide was previously known as the Mechanics Guide. While its name has been updated, it will still serve the same goal of explaining the game’s features and mechanics.

32 Likes

not only will new players git gud but so will I Pogchamp

5 Likes

good stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news!!!
A lot of new players ask every day in chat how to craft.

1 Like

Looks very nice, such System this early really is surprising if i may say so, but indeed very nice, especially for newer Player.

I hope the game will tell the player about this awesome thing in a clear and not easy dodgeable way, so everybody can use it’s potential.

Not that i don’t like to help newer players in chat, but it would be a wasted potential if people don’t recongize this easy

2 Likes

This should be very helpful for everyone old and new. Looking forward to seeing this in the game. Keep up the great work.

Time to git gud!

1 Like

good gotten

This is not something I ever thought of having, but now I see the light. This is pretty huge for all of us, thanks!

Great news, there’s good depths to Last Epoch and its definitely a must for a successful ARPG. Yet with depth comes the need for guides/explanations/wikis and so on, so integrating it directly in game is really really great. Will definitely help new players sticking to the game, or so I believe !!

i’m new to rng halp ty.

Ver ver nice! Gittin guuud!

Will it include in-depth and unintuitive mechanics like damage formulas?

This is a great next step. You guys continue to impress!

That will be useful) thanks)

Please be sure to make your guides have an “advanced” options that explains all the numbers and details for people who like theorycrafting.

In most games in game guides are not really helpfull at all after a very basic level.
“Increases your damage” is a typical sentence you read a lot - thats not really helpfull.

Is it additive? Is it multiplicative? how is the calculation done? is there a cap? is there a dimishing return? there is a lot more i want to know about “increases your damage” (e.g.). It would be wonderfull to find such info ingame. Hide it behind a “show me more” button to not confuse a new player but make it available please!

3 Likes

Yeah, I think an in-game game guide is the perfect place for the devs to expose themselves the formulae (in suitable spoilers to not frighten off new people).

Addittionally, would it be possible to have videos/animated gifs/etc for things like crafting. PoE added those and I think it would really help those who are having problems understanding things if they can see it happen rather than just read about it. Plus it would help non-English/translated language speakers.

And please for the love of all that’s good and holy (& my eyes/hair/what’s left of my mind, which is unlikely to be either good or holy) could you put an explanation for how to do the college quest. And that MP is not implemented yet, nor trading, Rogue, Warlock/Runemaster and a copy of an up to date phases/forecast document with the current phase highlighted.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to mention to be sure to read the quest details before asking chat how to get into the great college? :innocent:

2 Likes

That would knock it off its top spot, as the number one asked question in chat :rofl:

I’m sure it’s asked at least two times every hour, 24/7!

1 Like

Oh, is there no MP in the game? How do I party up with my friends?

2 Likes

!Multiplayer
Multiplayer is in Phase 3 (!phase) of Last Epoch’s forecast (!forecast).

!Rogue
The Rogue is scheduled for release during Phase 3 of our forecast (!forecast). We’re currently in Phase 2!

!Llama8
Llama8 is currently offline. But you can leave a message. Ask him anything!

2 Likes