The Disintegrator! A Full on Mage Tank That Disintegrates Everything it Touches 0.8.1c

with this setup i dont think that combo works well as LB will continue to CRIT just less often therefore always giving you 50% LESS crit chance instead of 100% Crit chance and then ignavars doesnt really add anything…

If you want to run that combo i recommend spec’n out of LB so you dont crit at all

Thanks again for the reply. I think I’ll just stick with your setup, it’s so effective.

Hey, first of great build. Id like to know what do you think about adding Liath’s Signet to this build, i think it can work great but i prefer to ask bcs i dont have a lot of experience in this game

a well crafted ring is better, but until then, signet ability to give you capped elemental along with 75% Lightning damage is really really good! :slight_smile:

Also. Welcome to the community!

After a break from LE I think this is the build I’ll be playing on my next run. Love how the build guides have progressed with the game. Keep up the good work @boardman21!

1 Like

just got to endgame using this build and seems solid, however it seems like the damage takes a while to ramp up, seems like the first few ticks of disintegrate arent proccing the lightning blast. am i doing something wrong or just how it works?

1 Like

First, Welcome to the community!

It takes 1 Second (Or should) for Lightning blast to start proc’n and i believe the counter starts Once your hitting a target. At least from my understanding of it.

Hi Boardman, great build! I converted an old glacier sorc to this, now level 60.

I do have one problem – the damage seems to be much faster/higher when i self-cast lightning blast instead of waiting for the 1/sec proc from disintegrate. Apart from not yet having “+damage when channeling” gear, what else could I be doing wrong?

Cheers!

1 Like

Your doing nothing wrong. Lightning blast is very powerful on its own.

This build however is designed to have 100% uptime with mana so you never have to stop casting and to also take advantage of the 35% DR along with the massive LEECH spell damage while channeling.

You can use lightning blast by itself and youll be just fine.

Hey thanks for the awesome build idea! I loved disintegrate back in D3 so I was drawn to this guide for my first character. Just getting to lvl75 monos and it’s been a blast.

I do have one question about crafting your gear. As far as this build is concerned is there any functional difference between spell damage or damage while channeling? I’m finally getting Sorcery Staff bases to craft on and have loads of spell damage shards but little to no DwC shards. The damage range in each tier looks pretty similar.

First, Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear your enjoying the build!

There is no difference when it comes to calculations as all increased damage just gets put in the same boat. Spell damage will do ya just fine!

Sweet! Thanks for the info. Let’s see if Sorc Staff no.3 ends up in the “fractured-too-soon” dumpter.

Thanks for the guide.

Currently i´m optimizing my gear. The stats i get are much lower than the range in your builder link. For example i get +6 added mana on my heborean boots instead of (26-35). Am i doing something wrong?

Welcome to the community!

I would assume your only doing tier 1 affixes? You can level up those affixes by using the same affix and crafting. It can go up to tier 5 crafted and Exalted drops can be tier 6 and 7. Nothing in the planner is tier 6 or 7 so At most its Tier 5 to reach that mana of 26-35

Ahh i see. So how do you get items up to T5? Seems statistically almost impossible to reach even T3 with all 4 affixes without triggering the fraction (im using the glyph of stability on every craft).

As you kill things and they drop items they will drop with higher and higher tiers as you get higher level.

Looks promising, but can i ask, why not more dmg passive nodes? I have such trouble understanding what would happen if instead mana and health i took spell dmg? also is there any other viable option for Arcane Transendance? :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community!

Subjective to the player there is a valid argument both ways of why or why not

Passives are easily respecabble i advise trying and seeing how both play out

Lots. Again this is subjective and i advise try different ways with it until you find what you like.

Thank you for quick response. Dont understand me wrong, love this build, kudos for making it! :grin:

1 Like

Better IMO to download as file and change the extension to xml. Then you can just choose the filter in the in-game dropdown.