The Disintegrator! A Full on Mage Tank That Disintegrates Everything it Touches 0.8.1c

Idk about the DPS tooltip. But yes you can go for Lightning Shred. Will increase damage even more.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! So would you recommend sticking with the added lightning damage and regular crit over the damage while channeling and spell crit?

Damage while channeling and Spell crit is better. I was just saying idk how the DPS tooltip is formulated

Oh, ok. I’ll go with that staff then. Thanks again

Why do you need Spell crit when Disintegrate can’t crit?

The lightnin blast proc can crit

As stated by arkmann. Trieds to get as high chance as possible for lightning blast to crit as its the hardest hitting skill we have, Were just using Disintigrate to proc it so we get a bunch of benefits

1 Like

What are the optimal weapon prefixes?

We have:
Spell crit
General crit (double crit possible)
Crit multi
Any form of increased damage (while channeling, lightning and spelldamage all seem to roll the same value… so spelldamage to reuse it on any caster i guess)

So:
Spellcrit / ed
Spellcrit / crit
Ed / ed
Spellcrit / crit multi

And ofc you absolutly need chill chance for shattershock?

Second idea: fractured crown?
Crit, crit multi and huge junk damage to mana. But you give up at least two 2 skillpoints in LB

Thanks for sharing the build, just bought the game and decided to try this one out.

What 2 points would you drop on Lightning Blast?

What do you reckon should be the priority when levelling up with this, I currently lv 27 and I don’t seem to do enough dmg to rares and bosses (I do more damage with an unspecced volcanic orb than lv 10 disintegrate/lightning blast).

Thanks!

The damage for this build kinda comes together at the end.

Make sure lightning blast is set to target the same target (down 2 nodes and 1 left from center)

Remove 2 points from the nova chance as its not really needed

Ty for guide.
Is there possible variation with fire element and ignite ? I like the theme :slight_smile:
I am trying it, but have issues with ignite chance - it seems it doesnt work with Disintegrate - even the passives like ignite chance with fire skills (and there is not mention it has to crit) ?
Other question is, the skill says it does fire and lightning dmg - what does that mean? If the tick of channeling is 100 dmg, so (without other modifiers) it does 50fire and 50lightning?
Does cast speed influence speed if ticking channeled dmg?

As Disintegrate has the DoT tag it doesn’t hit therefore it can only proc ailments (ignite & shock amongst others) if it’s own skill tree gives it a chance. It won’t benefit from any other sources of ignite/shock/etc (since they are all “on hit” & Disintegrate doesn’t hit). Needless to say, it can’t hit so it can’t crit, the Ingvar’s Head effect is a special case.

Yes, it means that any base damage (or adaptive spell damage) is split equally between the two elements.

No, just how long the skill takes to start doing damage when you start using it.

Hello and thanks for your skillset!
New to game with love for disintegrate spell since diablo…
i’m lvl 90 sorcerer, with all resistances capped and i dare to say better gear than the shown in your video (i guess better in my prespective since i’m facing great survivability issues).
I’m with 90% crit avoidance and almost 30 endurance.
I can’t even reach lvl 50 waves with this build, the moment i could easily reach 90 with Fallacy and Ignivar along with a more ward route from flame ward and teleport.
It seems that the 4-5 seconds of ward damage protection as suggested is a small buff, since once its over, i cant handle higher waves attacks.
Followed step by step your suggestions on passives and skills, the only difference for me is the lower endurance thresold, since i always treated endurance as a useless mage option to have.
I read somewhere a question, if this build is viable for 400 waves and i cried inside!! :sweat_smile:

Can’t figure what i’m doing wrong. I was stuck on Heorot for 4-5 consecutive loses with the two handed staff build, switched to fallacy and managed to win at first.
Any possible suggestions? (sorry for my bad english)

As a high life build that dependent on leech enduramce is very powerful. 60% Dr is probly the proble. Also are you proc n lightning aegis? Do you have 35% Dr insode disintegrate skill? Flame ward is meant to be a oh shiz button. Only use it when absolutely necessary not meant to be up 100%

thanks for fast replying.
i,ve got 35 dr on disintegrate, almost always on aegis, got leech only from idol (i’ve got 2 perfect uniques armor and relic with +3 on disintegrate and +15 adaptive spell damage that i cannot afford to lose for more leech. but when i’m not on flame ward, which i autocast, i cant survive 60+ waves. i got one hit. maybe i must sacrifice resistances for endurance i suppose.
also i realised that your skillset along with fallancy, does much more damage for me than a 2h staff, cause it combines both crit power from the skull, along with lightning blast. I may lose some resistances and buffs from a good amulet, but meh… :smile:

Hi
Thank you for the build, it really works nice so far, but I’m new lvl55 player though.

I have a few questions about it.

1. Is endurance really the best defence strategy? You can get a lot of ward from skills in this build and passives tree. I feel Flame Ward’s ward kinda wasted in this version. You can also get a lot of ward from Arcane Ascendance for example.
  2. Isn’t it better to spec Flame Ward into +1 charges for like 60% uptime?
  3. Is it fine to not try to cap all resistances in Last Epoch? Or is it working only for this build?

Hi Boardman, great build, I’m having a lot of fun leveling it. A few questions I had:

1. How far in Arena you think it can be pushed with this “stand & channel tanking dmg” style approach?

2. Is the spell crit chance on staff purely for Lightning Blast? Since you are not using Ignivar’s head, it doesn’t buff Disintegrate damage in anyway right?

3. If you had to stop the build at 90, which points would you sacrifice?

4. If you want to do this build high budget & grind it out a lot, what are some good upgrades you recommend chasing?

5. Does increased cast speed increase proc rate of Lightning blast from channeling Disintegrate? is there any way of making it proc more times?

6. What do you think of itemising for some “damage dealt to mana before health” to further abuse the stacking damage reductions? is it not worth the dmg loss?

I did a quick run today in arena. Level 73 mediocre equipment (no +2 skills and only 1 t20 item)
I stopped after wave 90 cause i levelled to fast and I don’t like doing MoF’s overlevelled.
(so no useful blessings for this run). I think it could go way further only needed flame ward once due to pilot error.

I havent simulated every defense optimization so i cant answer that. I just know 60% DR of all types on a high leeching builds is extremely potent.

Yes if you like to manually cast flame ward (which increases survivability) then +1 charge is better. Once you take that though autocast no longer works.

I recommend trying to always cap resistances, while its not as important here as it is in say PoE and inparticuliar this builds has a lot of dmage reduction from other sources, it still could be even better if you had capped resist.

Ive been message by people claiming to have got 150+ waves (i cant confirm if its true)
I havent pushed it myself but played well i dont see why 100-200 waves would be possible

All Crit chance is for Lightning blast yes. LB is our main source of damage, Disintegrate just gives up DR bonuse as well as proc’n lighting blast and generating us mana

Cap the resist, more endurance threshold. More hybrid health leech.

No, increased cast speed only increases how fast you will start channeling disitegrate.

Defintely can sacrifice some damage for those affixes. Especially since you generate mana, if you make disin generate more mana per second you might just end up immortal :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yoo, thanks for the info, I’m super excited to play this properly. Just finished campaign & hit monos. I ignored resistances, crit avoidance and health on gear & got to endurance cap & about 400 endurance threshold in leveling gear.

Endurance alone is more than enough to facetank your way through campaign at least.

Do you think it is possible to still abuse the Ignivars off hand in this build setup? With a nice 1 hander with spell crit & dmg while channeling. We probably can’t use Gambler’s Fallacy because of the LB hits but just speccing for spell crit chance on relic, amulet, mage affix on body & helm could give some juicy synergy.