The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

Let’s do a thought experiment:

You are crafting an item. You are given a pool of three affixes. You can choose any two of them to put on your item. These are the affixes you can choose from:

1. 10% increased health
  2. 10% increased damage
  3. Deal 1 damage to attackers when you block

Obviously, you put 1 and 2 on your item. No brainer.

Have you made a decision?

Is it lame because it’s actually lame, or is it “lame” only because you really want both but can have just one?

1 Like

It’s 2:00 am on the 10th in Japan time, so I’d like to prepare coffee and friends and have fun! Thank you for your good work.

thats a massive patch but for now i just want to know… did you guys fixed the swap on the left mouse click to the right mouse click “issue” ?

please, tell-me that you did fix it im almost destroying everything in my path because of it

I don’t agree with this assertion.

Lots of skills have cooldowns across the board. Furthermore, movement abilities provide offensive and defensive capability, depending on how you utilise them.

By your own logic, I could argue “flat health” is not offensive and moving it to prefixes makes no sense. This line of argument assumes thay prefixes must be offensive and suffixes must be defensive, which need not be the case.

I think this is the crux of the issue – it feels problematic as the current end-game meta requires this defensive layer.

Unfortunately, the experienced parts of the player base will feel this the hardest as they are the ones pushing the hardest, who have become most familiar with the systems and are thus most sensitive to change. New players in 0.9 and less experienced players may not feel this strongly.

Looking at this from a more optimistic angle, we don’t know what post-1.0 end game looks like and this (like the ailment changes and the new area affixes) may contribute to a healthier end game with more options in the long term.

"## Added Damage

• Weapon Implicits now grant +Melee Damage or +Bow Damage rather than +Melee Physical Damage or +Bow Physical Damage. This works the same as Adaptive Spell Damage, in that it grants damage of a type that matches the skill (e.g. +Melee Damage adds Melee Fire Damage to fire melee attacks, but Melee Void Damage to void melee attacks).
  • Renamed Adaptive Spell Damage to +Spell Damage."

So can i equip a Titan Femur and use upheaval with cold convert and get full cold now ? or do i have to wait you guys make a 2h cold base mace fom3 xD

Yes, it works the same way that adaptive spell damage did. The Added Melee Damage from Titan’s Femur gets added to the skill in whatever ratio of base damage that skill has. When you convert the base damage of Upheaval to cold, the damage becomes cold damage.

Note: you can still have elemental typed prefixes, so Added Melee Physical Damage prefix still adds physical damage as before. But you can also still get Added Melee Cold Damage prefix if you want it all to be cold.

2 Likes

Hi,
I want to thank you for the fantastic game.
I will be objective:

The change reported above will prevent the use of BEAR in its main single use: Retaliation Buildings.

Wolves, dinosaurs, tigers, squirrels, despite having their own archetypes, are similar in the sense that they produce damage by themselves.
BEAR, on the other hand, is unique. It returns damage. Please don’t take it away from him!

================================

I’m the author of a build that plays with BEAR and thorn shield.
(Iorek Byrnison - A Thorn Shield bear | Build Guide | 0.8.5 - #45 by Lorde_Comandante)

I would also like to talk about the thorn shield skill.

It is very negative to realize that it is impossible to use the thorn shield efficiently on your own character. I tested and failed. Only on the bear this skill has the ability to deal damage.

I analyzed the artifact that spawns bees. And I realized that THORN SHIELD has interaction with bees. But it is limited, because bees die every 10 seconds.

I would like to make a suggestion:

That the thorn shield could be applied to ALL bees and or ALL plants.
And make a ways whertte thorn shield can be viable to do damage (not as defensive layer) witout minions.

1 Like

Just play Bone Golem, its the same playstyle anyway

I really wish people kept this in mind when offering ANY feedback for LE at this time. They’re testing folks. They’re trying to work their way to 1.0 and make a great game. Over-the-top vitriol tends to diminish any constructive criticism within. Passion is great, in fact it’s a testament to how good LE has been navigating this stuff, but let’s help them, not ‘call them out’.

More on topic, between now and 1.0 I believe one of their key goals is to make gear more relevant. I believe what we’re seeing is some of the very early signs of that. Those very early signs are going to be bumpy because it’s the first real shift they’ve been trying to make. I think that context is important to hold on to.

3 Likes

We were told to look in the patch notes for new uniques details from today’s preview but we only have “Added 18 new unique items.” listed.

Keep the unique items coming that transform the skills into different things. Legit.

Just some questions/suggestions.
-I see there’s still no hotkey to pick up nearby items. Are people really against having a hotkey for this? It doesn’t have to be like screen-wide range, of course still have to move close to the item before it can be picked up. Grim Dawn has this feature, and I’d really love to have it in LE too. I’ve made a suggestion post about this before but it didn’t get much attention.

-Will projectile-based skills finally be able to hit properly on slopes? I played earlier today and it just totally misses (fireball and hammer throw, probably others too).

-Moving items using mouse. It seems clicking an item and moving your mouse ASAP drops the item immediately. But isn’t a problem if you click&drag. The same kinda applies too if you have settings menu open->click&drag the scroll bar->accidentally moved your mouse outside the settings UI window->aaaaaaaaaaaaand character starts moving (probably on other menus too). I wonder if these are addressed too in the upcoming patch.

I know I should just wait for the patch and see for myself. Kinda hoping they would see this and maybe make some last-minute changes/fixes.

The devs are, yes.

1 Like
  1. Did Vengeance get some changes in its skill tree as they said it would? As is no more iron blade stuff.
  2. Did Healing Hands get its own skill tree?

Please, make an effort, is just common sense. You can make the decision of not wearing boots at all for the entire game. You can also make the decision to not wear any hybrid health and increased health suffixes in your build, yeah, cool, and… good luck pushing corruption.

When I say you feel pushed into an option is because any other option is less appealing or less efficient by most metrics.

Is lame to me, because losing two suffixes, for something that I had without that investment before feels lame.

In all my builds I end up slotting a T4 or T5 CDR on the helmet slot, because that extra 0.3 - 0.5 seconds I cut from the movement skill cooldown feels great.

Losing one or two suffixes on endgame is no joke, that could translate in 150-300 less health, as health is what you end up slotting in most commonly as you optimize your gear and you earn free slots.

I agree, it makes no sense as health is clearly defensive, but there’s no hard rule about it, is just an argument: armor shred is also clearly offensive and is on suffixes. Don’t take it at heart. CDR belonged to prefixes because it felt that way, just like mana regen, those kind of utility affixes usually are on prefixes, but there’s not hard rule about it, is just what we have seen.

If you move health to prefixes, then you could have the option to sacrifice the usual offensive/utility prefixes with just more health. You have more flexibility, that’s about it.

Yeah, I agree, again, this is from my understanding and looking at endgame when you are optimizing your gear.

Yeah, the core of the issue is how we live for years now in a clear health META.

We have lots of options for increasing health, but as you play and gain experience, you end up taking them all. First, increased/hybrid health everywhere, then vit everywhere, hey, free idol slots? those 2x1 increased/flat stout ones are BiS. You rarely think an unique is worth a slot if you are losing health, they killed Wings of Argentus just because of that, 40% was huge and could make up for the loss of increased health and vit, 20% is not.

There’s not an easy solution. Even I don’t know if we need a solution at all. Quick things I can think of: scale damage less sharply than health, but then, as you put more pressure on DPS, any non-excellent DPS ability (used for DPS of course) becomes useless, hurting current build diversity, where many skills while subpar are “good enough”. As I said, if you move health into prefixes, again, will only show how broken the systems are, as many people will end up sacrificing offensive prefixes in order to gain even more health. But you gain flexilibity in gearing, no doubt about it.

Maybe the problem is how increased and flat (and hybrid being a mix of both) interact, as the more you have, the more impactful each new addition is, and as the game is designed in a way you usually gain your health back almost instantly, with just a passive or an affix for leech, or ward generation, everything goes back to full in a whim, so your max health capacity is king. How you solve that? Maybe adding a hard cap of how much increased health you can have? Soft cap at 50% increased? Classes with extra increased like druid or sentinel, would be clearly hurt with it. Making health boring to build and only consisting of flat values? Maybe is the lesser of two evils, I don’t know.

I’m confused by this a bit. Death Knights are part of the Summon Skeletal Mage tree, not Summon Skeleton (according to Lastepochtools). Does this change apply to Summon Skeleton Warriors as well or is it only Death Knights that receive this change?

This patch is hugh with massif improvements like visuals, optimization, perfomance, level design, skills, vfx, sfx, etc. this game gets better and better for me. I like that. Nice job EHG.

I have 3 questions that I like to ask

The first question:

What I don’t see in your patch note is the cinematic presentation (for example the worm boss at the end of the latest video) You mention that in the previous dev video last year (I remember). Come this also in patch 0.9 or in a future patch?

the second question:

I see in the game that there are outdated UI present sush as The Shop, The Gambler, a few places in the settings, etc. Are these going to change in patch 0.9 or also in the future patch?

And my last question:

First of all I like the voice acting in ARPG games, In this patch 0.9 there are new voice acting implemented. My question is: is this only for main quest or also for side quest?

With the nerf to crit vulnerability, does it also change how it interacts with your critical strike chance? Or is it simply a flat additive?

Only death knights.

Summon skeletons summon warriors, not death knights.