The Bazaar

Not really, how a player wants to interact with a putative trading system is as pertinent to the question of a trading system as how that trading system works.

We have evidently discovered from the responses in this thread that there are two main ways that people want to interact with trading. A more efficiency-based way (Bronco & others, just want to get in and out as quickly as they can because they don’t want to spend time on the act of trading when they could be splatting mobs instead), and the other which, like yourself, is happy just wandering round shops because you place a much higher value on the experience than Bronco does.

Getting both views is important for the devs because the player base is going to be made up of those two types (& players who flip between the two).

5 Likes

What a bizarre Bazaar, i can see many players spending many enjoyable hours interacting with this :roll_eyes:

Personally i prefer to find my own loot so i wouldnt be interacting with the bizarre anyhoo.

2 Likes

Bazaar is very strange trading system. Trading with party members is OK but keep only party trading or add also auction house. Any other trading concept used in games was thash which was user unfriendly. AH is OK if you pair it with bind on equip. Best mixture of loot/craft/AH was in WoW.

Not quite, I would guess Atlantica Online in its early days, when the game was still running under its original (was just resold a few times and cannibalized more and more) owner/developer.
→ However, this is just another opinion among many i think.

Plus:
Somehow the Bazar also sounds like just another normal seller (like the AI seller), bidding does and needs there no one more.
→ Displeases me somehow.

I want to bring in a Suggestion to the current Bazaar Idea, which could bring both parties closer together or might be interesting.

What if, you could set a preference on what kind of shops you want to see, like on class-type or item-type?

// Buyer
For example, I am playing as a Void-Knight and I want to see mostly Void-Knight Items or Items that have Void-Damage. Therefore I change my Bazaar preference to Void-Knight Shops and / or Void-Damage Shops.

// Seller
As a Seller I want to improve the chances that my Necrotic-Damage items are sold. Therefore I set the category of my shop to DamageType: Necrotic.
(Possible Settings, for example: DamageTypes, Classes, ItemTypes)

That way, I could sell my items to a better audience as a seller, and as a buyer I would get random shops of that category, which improves the chance of having something interesting in it.

1 Like

Hey guys. I’m glad to see such passionate players interested in giving us feedback on their thoughts in regards to The Bazzar. But just a friendly reminder to please be civil when discussing this topic with other community members.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Sounds kind of lazy.

And as long as the items are not clearly class-bound [Requires Class: Sentinel, etc.] I need most items for all classes.
→ What do you think how my mage or neanderthal can handle void damage for example? There are some nice items for that. :wink:

People are focused on the way this trade will function but I am more concerned on the actual point of trading in general using gold since it is the only form of currency at this point with no plans so far on massive gold sinks. Drops are already pretty good, I dont feel the need to buy gear. You could argue Gylphs and Shards but really they are pretty common

Lets say someone has millions of gold and nothing really to gamble for, what is the actual point in trying to earn more gold? Also what will be the prices for items? Player driven economy like PoE where if someone finds that one of a kind or extremely well rolled rare they can charge whatever they want, but what will that price be - I am far more interested in the fundamentals of that. Remember people actually sold items for 2billion gold - what do you think someone will sell a well roll Orians Eye for?

I care more about why I would want to engage with the system when instead the game drops all the items I would ever need anyway.

Also there will also be sniper players who will ‘regulate’ the economy as best they can

1 Like

no plans, that we know of so far

I am so sure, that EHG will implement plenty of other gold sinks, if they still want to use gold as the main currency.

With the system of how only very limited bazaars are accessable to buyers, there is no way one player or even a group of dozens of player could have any significant impact on the economy.

1 Like

The Bazaar Is Not A Trading System!

This can’t be stressed enough. It is mechanically identical to the existing NPC which just outright sells random gear, except it might have Set & Unique items. It isn’t trade.

If anyone asks me “Will LE have a trading system?” I intend to answer “No.”

4 Likes

Being the pedantic a###hat I am, I’d say the answer should be “kinda”. It’s not going to be frictionless trade between players (however you want to describe that) but it is going to be a limited form of trade.

4 Likes

I think you should take into account that LE will eventually have seasons, so you might also want to spend it on stash tabs and gambling. Granted that will not consume a lot though, but you will start a season probably with 0 gold.

In addition seasons will increase the importance of the bazaar, because you might be unlucky getting a particular unique and will want to trade for it, unlike now when most players have already collected most of them.

Also with more uniques coming into the game, it might become increasingly difficult to get a specific one.

1 Like

The big question out side of how trade works…

What will be tradable? And what will not be tradable?

Uniques? Set Items? Exalted Items? Crafting Materials/Affix Shards?

Fixed the spelling of one word for you :smiley:

IMHO, Seasons don’t really change the equation. Sure, items will be more limited in Seasons, but the fact remains that to get items, you go kill bosses, you don’t “shop” the Bazaar.

I predict the Bazaar will be solely a “twink” shop. i.e. when you’re low level, any item will do, and the Bazaar would fit the need of “twinking” a new character just fine.

Well, that is the whole discussion right. I’m like hundreds of hours in and I’m far from having all uniques. So seasons might make the drop rates seem more dire.

Some players were hoping to shop build defining uniques in the bazaar so that they can clear the content with their desired build, instead of finding that unique very late in the process. Hence they are frustrated, because they are unsure the bazaar will allow for that.

Whereas other players don’t want trading at all and seem more happy with this approach.

2 Likes

I mean, you’re correct. Just because someone doesn’t like the implementation doesn’t mean it isn’t Trading.

Trade – the action of buying and selling goods and services.

But, maybe when we gain the ability to time travel we can go back in time and tell our ancestors that they’re not “trading” their just inconvenienced by poor world design by the Almighty.

35 years ago, this was exactly what Trade was between individuals in the real world. We have all become spoiled to a certain extent by technology.

Personally, I think this will be an interesting and fun way to trade with other players.

4 Likes

I think it kinda depends which side of the fence you’re on, whether you like pottering round in-game vendor (since you won’t actually be interacting with the other players) or whether you just want to get this damned item so I can get back to slaughtering innocent void-infused monstrosities!

This mechanic of trading doesnt sound very good to me. Trading means you are able to search for items / affixes taht you need.
They way trading is intened is like going to an NPC and hope he has something you need which most likely wont be the case. Especially if you can only offer a very limited amount of items (think it was 5).

1 Like

I appreciate the sentiment behind this, but it would not solve the problems I have with The Bazaar as it’s been described.

In my opinion, any trade system in which I cannot conduct targeted trade for a specific item is not acceptable. Whether that’s directly facilitated by an in-game interface or just not hard blocked from being possible by the game doesn’t matter to me. What matters to me is that I can have something specific I’m “shopping” for, locate and connect directly with another player that wants to sell it, and then buy it from them.

1 Like