The absence of Updates and Support

You can feel free to overlook, underlook and in general look for whatever you want. This feedback is not towards you unless you are a developer. I do not genuinely care if you read it or not, nor do I wrote it because the game was in a good place. It’s been stuck for a long time. And I don’t need another knight to validate what I mean in my comment and what I do not. It is what it is. The devs care about popularity without having a complete product. Something that shouldn’t happen. But there is also money involved so I guess its normal.

My mind is set that until I see it, I won’t believe it, and I haven’t seen it. So naturally I won’t believe it. Makes sense, no?
They can’t even layout a road map for you guys to know when is the game gonna be finished and you expect anyone to believe in the constant change of plans. Weird.

My general understanding of how LE came to early access and its developement.

If I recall correctly, LE was supposed to be originally much smaller game. It was supposed to be released by now, but due to the success they decided to expand it into a larger game. Thus, extra developement time.

It was also brough to early access with very low price with intent that the price was going to go up as game progressed towards completion. I remember looking at the game when it cost, I think, 15€. I did not buy it at that time. It didn’t look good then. I only bought it when it cost, I think 25€. You paid what you got.

The recent content release has been very slow because they made multiplayer which also brought along with it a lot of new problems that didn’t exist before. I personally viewed MP as very low priority feature so this is a point I did not like. They should have made all the masteries and updated the older ones before release than MP.

The end game is fine enough for actual release. To my understanding they are going to do it like poe and release more stuff over time. What did, say, poe have on release? D3 have on release? D4 have on release?

In general, I have been pretty ok with how LE has been developed. Its been a bit slow lately, but there is nothing to say that it was lazy, greedy or anything of the sort.

This is fine.

1 Like

I don’t care if it’s something on discord or somewhere else. On discord I turn off all the notifications on every server. I’ve learn about the new patch just because I check recent forum activity. There is no other sign of a new patch on main page or on forums page, no big banner, no timer, no single page with all the info, just some teasers inside the news section. I expect to see a patch announcement in the announcements section, but it was not updated since march. There is an announcement video on youtube, but you won’t find it anywhere on this site.

What is comming more except new mastery, couple of uniques a some visual improvements, I am speaking of an endgame?

I think he is right, retention of players is very low and I as well agree it is couse of endgame is lacking a lot now and it is really repetative

From the Runemaster anounncement a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Once again the EHG whiteknights out in force defending feedback to developers left by a player

Ive owned this game for years and check the forums every few days and didnt even know Runemaster was even releasing until my last post which was someone complaining about no Golems in Runemaster which I assumed (based on developers comments 10 years ago) would not be released until 1.0, what a joke and pretty dumb to be honest.

Its almost like EHG dont want people to play this game anymore or simply dont care if you have purchased it already.

Im sure the RM is going to be completely overtuned when you have the EHG forum alumni balance testing it without the general community even seeing the skills until a few days ago, so maybe its a good thing ill try the RM in a few months after its been triple/quad nerfed because of multiple overlooked interactions that werent picked up during testing

Hey are these 4 different things
Rune Prisons
Experimental Items,
One-shot
and Lost Caches, a new Crafting Mechanic

Rune of prison is a skill or random event?

@Vekongnitoo
Your listing is slightly off.
It should be:

• Rune Prisons
  • Experimental Items
  • One-shot and Lost Caches
  • a new Crafting Mechanic

We could get a glimpse at this already at the gamescom demo.
These are random encounters that will spawn a Rune Prison.
When you click the Rune Prison an Exiled Mage will break free fighting you and all other mobs around you. These are mini-bosses that will drop experimental items.

While the demo was only a part of Chapter 9, these Rune Prisons (and experimental items), depending on how good they will be received, will shake up they way we will play Echoes, because it will be the first incentive to actually look aroudn in echoes and not just rush objectives.

2 Likes

This sounds great it is that randomization that these type of games need, what about * One-shot and Lost Caches those are 2 things or 1?

Thanks for answering
PS how was the feeling of Rune Prisons have you encounter it? Is that same boss or are different boses?

Exiled Mage will break free fighting you and all other mobs around you.
Does this mean Exile Mage will fight enemies as well (friendly fire)

We don’t have any info aobut it right now.
But I am sure we will get a dev blog about it in the lead up to the patch.

It is a “Exiled Mage”, that is kinda a version of the player character mage, but everything pimped up to 11.

Think of Elder Gaspar and Shade of Orobyss had a baby. The Exiled Mage is using pimped up versions of regular mage abilities and each exiled mage has a slightly randomized skill set.

I personally experienced skills like: Volcanic Orb, Flame Weave, Lighting Blast, Arcane Surge. Thes are not just copies of the player abilities, but actually a bit more telegraphed and bigger.

Yes, you can pull a bunch of mobs close to the Rune Prison, release the Exiled Mage and it will fight and damage everything, including the mobs.

2 Likes

Love this it reminds me of what I loved in Doom 2 as a kid

1 Like

Yes & this isn’t it. You’re pissed off with it & that’s fair enough, but that’s not the case for everyone.

That’s kinda normal these days.

2 Likes

Well that takes my image of the Void in an entirely new and twisted direction. :rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:

I think something is wrong with you, I just dont care what

1 Like

Nah, I just have some self-respect left.
I’m not satisfied with low-quality, alpha stage, buggy, unfinished products. Do you have some self-respect?

What about you? Do you have some manners, or is this how you talk with people?

3 Likes

If you think manners is waiting for 5 years without meaningful demands, not being vocal about the problems of the game, not having expectations, not asking more from yourself surely, I have none. That said this forum seems to be almost full with people with such, with very few folks that quickly get silenced.
Enjoy 3-4 more years with nothing to do in this game, beta-testing masteries, multiplayer and reporting bugs.

I agree with everything that you have said from the start but i do not agree in the way you said it couse the way you have said it turns eyes away from the problem that you have pointed out couse that way of conversation is just not something that is normal for grown up world.

4 Likes