Thank you for the memories

Endgame starts at empowered monos. Normal monos are mid-game. 300 corruption is about when I decide to roll a new character.

D4 is nothing like d2 i know iv played countless hrs of d2 and still play from time to time.

I quit playing d4 due to how its far closer to d3 than It is d2. I have no desire to return to d4 or d3. I wanted a diablo game to go back to the roots of what the franchise was. With improvements.

I keep playing LE cuz it leans into d2 more than d4 does. Hell even hero siege leans into d2 more than LE does. Which is why i still play both LE and HS.

1 Like

I disagree here. I dont like account wide progression in poe.

Heres why i dont want to see this in LE. This imo doesnt help with replayablity as far as alts go. (For me at least) I enjoy creating alts i make alot of them in this game. Account wide endgame progression turns me off from plauing alts further or even starting new once.

In poe i tend to push 1 build as far as i can. Then i play an alt get to maps. And lose interest in playing thag season further. Im always asking why play this alt if endgame maps haas been completed by my main.

Account wide for me just would kill any desires to play as many alts as i do now in LE

Imo it leaves nothing for alts to complete. Alts imo should be like starting a new game but u get to keep ur stash ranks

Id much rather see a catch up type mechanic to end game vs account wide.

You don’t unlock corruption, just access to empowered monos. I’m also a altoholic, but doing normal monos for the 100th time isn’t fun. If you had empowered monos unlocked you would still play them all at least once for the blessings anyway.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of the long grind to 100 but it’s definitely not a death knell for the game. POE , and D2’s long lasting appeal, prove that players are fine with that design. Those games are actually worse in this aspect due to the XP loss on deaths.

I will admit that there are quite a few things that have been said and done post launch that have killed my hype by quite a bit. And yeah that means other ARPGs will stay ahead of LE
in terms of must play when seasons release.

1 Like

Oh u mean like have empowered unlocked by default. And we would still need to push corruption up from 0 to X corruption

I assume this would be for alts so u can just start pushing corruption from 0 on up.

That wouldnt be bad honestly alts still would need to push up the corruption lvl. Vs an alt starting at oh say 300c

Yeah I just meant empowered unlock, nothing else. Though empowered would remain at 100c (0c would actually make it worse than normal monos :stuck_out_tongue:).
And yes, it’s just for alts. So you can use the normal version of monos for leveling and then switch to empowered when you’re ready, at base empowered corruption.

1 Like

This is a bad take, if you dont level to 100 in 10 hours like D4 the game is bad?

I have a good take here, leveling should be INFINITE. Honestly you just lose too much fun/joy of the arpg grind when you hit that deadly level 100 cap and your character stops growing.

Prestige Levels above 100, should exist and they could give some minor benefits, like +1 random stat or things like that.

That’s just paragon levels all over. And it’s exactly what Mike said they don’t want. It would force everyone to feel like they need to reach 100 or miss out on bonuses.
You already have stuff to level after 100 (and even before) and that is factions. There will be more factions coming, so you never stop progressing.

hard disagree. i like the satisfaction of finishing a char.

I have another take on infinite scaling: Corruption as the main endgame shouldn’t scale infinitely either. You never get the satisfaction for finishing it. Instead one get chewed until burnt out, which isn’t a good way of finishing. I hope the harbinger/pinacle system alleviates this.

Edit:
also i don’t get really motivated by infinite scaling endgame. what is the point of it if it just throws higher numbers at me infinitely?

1 Like

True ARPG has no end. The game size depends on how long is the enjoyable gameplay loop where you keep upgrading your character, until upgrades really become incremental and meaningless.

All existing ARPGS fall short here, as their loop is tiny and poorly balanced they have to come with new seasons every few months, as people get bored and hit dead ends, “maximize character” and forget about it.

Corruption is not something to finish, endgame bosses are. Corruption is just a farming zone with higher rewards for stronger characters.

Take a step back from computer, look above yourself do you see an end in the vast cosmos? It does not exist.

The problem is while corruption in the game can scale indifinite, your character does not, you quickly run out of options to get stronger/to improve skills/to level up.

Hard caps in ARPG kind of suck, just look at D4 where everything is getting capped right now.

LOL. I didn’t realize you where the patent/copyright holder of “ARPG” and would be able to tell us what a True ARPG is.

:grinning: can you also tell us what a True Scotsman is?

I can’t remember the last time I saw a thread so full of personal opinions masquerading as “TRUE FACTS”"… oh wait, yes I can, the last time I visited the cesspool that is the D4 Blizzard forums. LE, you’ve arrived!

2 Likes

I am aware of how quotes work yes. The condescending attitude is not appreciated.

Yes that is what I also said in my video. The problem is everything before the end game for me, and I think for a lot of people. End game is irrelevant if everyone quits before

1 Like

The vast majority of players will quit before finishing any game, no matter how good. Just look at the achievement completions. So the problem isn’t the quality of the game. It will always happen, even with the GOTY. For example, only around 20% of people finished BG3’s story.
So that’s not relevant.

I’m not going to watch your video, considering it continues your streak of clickbait, hyperbole and fearmongery. It’s just another variation on the hundreds of “game is dead” threads PoE has over the years. And in fact all games, even wildly successful ones, as I demonstrated in another thread where similar threads pop up in CS2, only the most popular game on Steam.

Nah. I don’t fear monger. What I say is how to fix the game. Albeit it’s a rehash of the thread I did before. Meant for normies

I don’t click bait. My title is a call to fix the game, and to stop working on content that a fraction of a fraction would cares about.

People who quit BG3 did so because it was a bad dnd game. They played it, and realized it was divinity sin 3 in a bg skin. When a game is actually good, people don’t quit it.

Can’t look at achievements. Achievements often are bugged, don’t work for offline players, or with mods. I can assure you people who quit a game mid point are not quitting because the game is good, it’s because the game got bad at the point. Why Witcher is so rarely finished.

The above thou does not apply to last epoch or arpgs as they live and die by their game play. Last epoch gets boring at lvl 50. So the end game is irrelevant.

watched your video and came to the conclusion that this game maybe isn’t for you.
“endgmame: boring, campaign: boring, itemization too rng, lp bad, change everything” lol

3 Likes

I have high expectations because I played this game for around 200? Hours. After that point everything gets boring with no updates.

Only reason I am still here is for the potential this game has if it manages to turn around and start making good decisions that benefit 99% of players instead of the 1%.

Most of these things and easy to fix. Changed some numbers to buff specs and abilities. Add some affixes to weak items. FPS and server issues are the only ones I am concerned for

Making a wave based spawn mode to bypass campaign is already doable since they got arena. Just remove it and make it a leveling tool.

That’s not what I was talking about. Which is about what I expected.

I’ll stop it when you can show the ability to think & learn and some awareness of how things work in the real world.

If you say so dear… :rofl: