Target farming unique with LP is a pain

LOL. I loved this movie!!

Did you post this the other day in the chat about alchemist laddle and I commented to you that this is my favorite childhood movie?

Nope, I don’t use Discord

Once you have a few ranks in CoF you will have comparable quantity and quality of items drops as the current game.

Read that again. For that to be true, the current drop rate and quantity are going to be decreased.

Edit 2: I see from the following posts which I missed, that it’s understood already that the drops rates are being nerfed for the trade faction. I’m sad that I’m guilty of a behavior in others that always annoys me. But I’m also chuckling, because when I mused a couple months ago that this was likely to happen, there were multiple folks, including EHG Mike that pointed out there were no plans to do that.

Edit 3: EHG Mike never said there weren’t plans, he said the opposite. I’m full of shit.

That means that if you are going the trading route, your drop rate is permanently decreased from now. A perhaps pessimistic way of looking at that is, if you go trading, you must trade.

Edit 1 (I got the number wrong, this was first Edit): I didn’t make the italics part harsh enough; “you must trade” means you must spend every moment of your play time accumulating enough … let’s just say ‘gold’, so that you can afford to buy the items that you want to make a build. A significant portion of your playtime will be spent buying and selling. Looking for deals, buying low/selling high. Will this game have enough players to support that playstyle? I have to admit, I am pessimistic.

1 Like

Yeah it was most likely because right now LE offers nothing but the item hunt as content. Monolith is done rather fast. Imagine you get items in a meaningfull time. I don’t talk about D3 levels of drops but then again PoE levels of drops are crap again. IF EHG aims to make the droprate in 1.0 like it is now if you play CoF, CoF will be a bit of a joke for me.

I think it’s a good thing to reduce the droprates and most likely noone will have problems with it at the end of the day. It still will lead to some frustration for sure ^^.

1 Like

Am I playing a different game? What sense of generous item drops? If they’re talking truckloads of junk drops, then sure. But I think the general complaint is that getting good drops is the problem.

If all CoF does is guarantee the current level of frustration, then what’s the point? “Hey, we sense there’s an issue with item drops and rng. So, what we’ll do is make it worse, but you can grind some faction rep to maintain the current level of frustration… have fun!”

1 Like

Well that’s a double edged sword. On one side you give to little meaningfull drops and on the other side you give to much meaningfull drops. To me this is a rather easy thing: there is little to none content right now and they need to stretch the time from 0 to hero in as many ways as they can. This is understandable but it isn’t feeling all to good.
As for many other things they most likely will balance this over and over again untill they find a sweetspot. When they think trash droprates are their sweetspot and playing the game feels unrewarding guess what… I play other things untill the game becomes more likeable for me.

1 Like

Nooooooop. I explicitly said that we would be reducing the base drop rate.

4 Likes

I don’t know what is going on in this thread. So many baseless speculation despite more information being available. Why read the info about trade factions if I can just rant and speculate.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to keep up with this thread since it’s started but the tabloids have gotten ahold of it and I grab my tinfoil hat every time a new update comes in. It’s pretty wild the speculation being thrown around here about this whole topic. I’ve honestly lost track of the plot twists so I just read it, shrug and go back to anticipating Feb.

2 Likes

Exactly. The devs are going to put faction in, they’re going to try to balance loot the way they think feels good. There really isn’t any point in trying to discuss or anticipate it before then.

Like I said, I’ll just wait for 1.0 and see how it pans out. Then I might have suggestions and opinions.

2 Likes

Just to further my point:
EHG has a great feedback with the community. So far, from what I’ve seen, they listen to the players, they engage with them and they take their suggestions seriously. If they don’t want to do something, they explain why and they try to find compromises.

Case in point, the whole thing about shards: they feel like they want you to pick stuff up, we feel it’s a waste of time, so they came up with a compromise which is to have less shard drops but in greater quantity. Plus saying they will find a way to convert shards so we have something to sink them in.
And other things players have requested that they’ve said they won’t change for now, they always say they might eventually change their mind and do something about it.

Compare that with PoE: GGG has terrible feedback with their community. Just look at Harvest. They implemented it, the top 1% players and youtubers complained that it made the game too easy (meaning other players could get decent gear without grinding/exploiting trade) so they removed it. Players asked for it back and they said no, they didn’t want any deterministic crafting in the game (why did they make that league, then? :stuck_out_tongue: ). After another league they finally caved to the constant requests/demands (and playerbase drop) so they placed Harvest in core but they nerfed the crap out of it. And later they were then forced to place a compromise in place. GGG doesn’t engage with their community in a positive way.

Basically, you can never please all players. Some want completely random loot, others want deterministic loot (like with D3 where most drops are for your class, which is something I personally hate). Some want the drops easier, others harder.
In the end, though, even though EHG have their view on how things should work (it’s their game, after all) they actively communicate with the community and, from what I’ve seen so far, they’ve mostly done a great work of making this a good game for the players, including many compromises.

So I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt before getting our flaming torches and pitchforks out for something that isn’t yet in the game.

2 Likes

Friends, I do not pretend to be the truth in the first instance, but I am sure that if a cracked vase is turned to the viewer with the non-broken side, the vase will not cease to be cracked.

1 Like

Compare 2 definitions of the simple word “game”. If you don’t see the difference, then most likely the topikstarter problem will never be solved. (in my humble opinion).

1. Game (“game activity”, game culture of a person as a person and a subject of activity, life path, festive and game culture of society, etc.) - to varying degrees, a person is aware of as a subject of activity, amateur activity and creativity (development in general) or even an instinctive way of obtaining and developing skills by people and animals at the moment of the absence of direct threats to life and the development of abilities. It is characterized by a tendency to repetition, consolidation-improvement and development of vital reflexes, forms of activity leading to the development of an actor of game actions and activities (more broadly, life activity), including both natural forms of game behavior, initiative and independent manifestations of game activity, and specially organized games in ethnopedagogy and psychological and pedagogical practices, military affairs and management, psychotherapy (game therapy practices, psychotechnical games, etc.) and the design of the future — subject-oriented development practices (as an integration of the developments of various psychohistorical practices) of a person and society.

2. A game is a structured form of play, usually undertaken for entertainment or fun, and sometimes used as an educational tool. Many games are also considered to be work (such as professional players of spectator sports or games) or art (such as jigsaw puzzles or games involving an artistic layout such as Mahjong, solitaire, or some video games).
    Games are sometimes played purely for enjoyment, sometimes for achievement or reward as well. They can be played alone, in teams, or online; by amateurs or by professionals. The players may have an audience of non-players, such as when people are entertained by watching a chess championship. On the other hand, players in a game may constitute their own audience as they take their turn to play. Often, part of the entertainment for children playing a game is deciding who is part of their audience and who is a player. A toy and a game are not the same. Toys generally allow for unrestricted play whereas games present rules for the player to follow.
    Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational, or psychological role.

What cracked vase? Right now the best loot is hard by design. Trade will make getting good gear easier. And SSF will probably remain similar in difficulty, which is how SSF works. Players don’t want to play SSF so they can get a 4LP per week. If you look at SSF in other games (that aren’t D3), rarely will players have BiS gear. They play SSF because they enjoy the challenge.

You might argue that maybe it’s too hard right now for SSF, but playing semi-casually in a month you can get enough gear for endgame. Maybe you won’t do 2k+ corruption, but you can easily do 500+, especially if you’re an experienced player and can easily craft good stuff.

It might require some balance (which is likely to come after the systems are actually implemented), but SSF players are looking for a challenge, not the casual players experience.

FromSoftware would disagree with you.

I observe some contradiction in your statement
This once again confirms that either the goals are false, or the result.

I’m just wondering, how do you understand the topikstarter problem? What doesn’t suit him?

What contradiction? With SSF you can easily do 500+, you just can’t easily do 2k+, which you probably will with trade.
So you won’t miss out on endgame content, you just won’t be as effective.

If you want 2-3 pieces with 4LP you use trade, if you want SSF you want the challenge that you might not even get a 2LP piece.

The OP problem is about loot as it is now. Min-maxers that want the best possible loot will use trade. SSF players will get something close to the experience we now have, probably with some adjustments. That’s what you see in PoE, for example.

As I mentioned way earlier in the thread: if you play 10h a day and don’t get a 4LP within a season/cycle, then that’s a problem that needs addressing. Will the factions address that? I don’t know, I have to wait and see. But the point is that with SSF it should be rare to have 2-3 4LP good rolled uniques. Just like in PoE, if you play SSF, you will rarely have a good double corrupt unique.

I don’t think you heard OP
He has no goal to run 2k corruption
He doesn’t have a min max goal of his character.

Your thoughts on SSF, hours in the game, the presence or absence of trade, the legal amount of unique items in the amount of time is just an attempt not to look at the essence of the problem.

I’ll try to rephrase

The negative result that has arisen due to the substitution of concepts cannot be corrected by substitution of concepts…

Something like that.