Target farming unique with LP is a pain

Not really. You find your desired scum RMTer, pay them, then they party up with you & they sell you your 4LP Wings of Argentus/Ravenous Void/whatever for 1 gold & you both pay whatever favour it costs.

Have they said how favour will be gained? Bot-coders are smart cookies, if LE becomes big enough, I’m sure one will be able to code a bot to do the same thing that a normal player can do to farm favour/gold/etc.

PoE has tracking systems, it still has RMT.

That’s more likely going to be due to the box price. Everytime a bot/RMTer gets banned, they have to buy a new copy (cha ching) & they then have to make enough RL cha ching to cover the cost of the box plus whatever other costs they have, it’s a barrier to entry. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it’s better than nothing.

Yeah, why Chris is some anti making player’s lives nicer for buying consumables (crafting mats, maps, currency, etc) I don’t know though I kinda get why he wants to make it a ballache to trade for actual gear.

I’m sure it’s because PoE gets a little off the top from the RMT services. I mean, how else do those guys have 50 mirrors for sale on day 1 of a new league?

Yeah, they said you gain favor for either faction by killing monsters. And since trading spends that favor, then you have to kill more monsters to have favor to trade again. So it’s not an easy system to exploit for big money, like D2 or PoE is. You might still do it, for example a player that made a build and just wants to sell it for RM will probably have enough favor for it. But it’s not as easy for a business to be made from it. Maybe still doable, but then again, also vulnerable to LE countermeasures to it.

Its “just” got an additional time sink (killing mobs) compared to the other games, but I assume that making a bot to kill mobs probably isn’t the most difficult thing in the world. I’d imagine it’s an added % inefficiency chucked on top. I’m sure people will still do it (if LE gets big enough), it’ll just be less efficient than doing it in PoE/etc.

I mean, kinda. If LE wants to they can stop the bots. D2 is actually a really great example of this. D2 had lots and lots of bots. They would occasionally ban a few but there were always a HUGE number of them online. When they made D2R, all those bots went away (sadly, because some were really useful, like chaos run bots or enchant bots). So there is a way to prevent them, or at least mitigate them a lot so they’re not so easily profitable.

And as you mentioned, the upfront cost of LE will also factor into that. I expect we’ll still have some RMT going on, but I doubt it will ever be as severe as in D2/PoE.

1 Like

Don’t forget that direct trading comes with all the same restrictions as Bazaar trading, including that you can’t trade items which have a faction rank requirement, so if you buy it at the Bazaar, you can’t resell it through a direct trade either.

There is no economy, no tangible items, nothing

Read my thead I posted in this thread from months ago as I have posted this MANY times in the last 2 years that the game has no fundamental tangible consumable items that players are seeking

Other games ie PoE have self run/made economy. Chaos Orb/Exalted/Divine etc which are consistently being used. People hoard Divine/Exalts like cash but they are supposed to be spent…like cash

My idea is this game needs consumable runes to keep an LP chase going, thus creates tangible items to be able value other items - you cannot craft or ever get a ‘perfect’ item in LE its virtually mathematically impossible

50 mirrors dont exist even after a week or maybe 2. GGG are directly informed when a Mirror drops. A player got 3 mirrors in a drop from a Betrayal npc ‘Drops 3 additional currency’ and got 3 mirrors. Chris Wilson apparently checked the code and confirmed it was possible

If 50 mirrors exist on day 1 GGG are spawning them apparently

GGG added a /kills command a few leagues ago and ive been averaging about 1.7-2M kills a league. Ive played for 10 years…ive found 1 Mirror. Ive probably killed over 40million mobs at a conservative number maybe since clear speed was a lot slower years ago but I also played a lot more years ago

1 Like

I am relatively new to Last Epoch. I’ve been playing for 3 weeks and am still working on my first build.
I’ve been farming a Primatic Gaze for a good 2 weeks, which I need for my build.
I’m on the road in Black Sun. Initially with 0 corruption, I’m now at just under 350 corruption.
I have about 300 echoes behind me. Unfortunately, I don’t have a Prismatic Gaze.
I find the loot opportunities unusual. After 10 years of PoE and 20 years of D2, I have to say that loot doesn’t really feel good in LP.
The ability to farm loot specifically should work if you offer it that way. When I open the map in my 350 Black Sun, I hardly have any echoes that offer armor. But dozens that just throw out an epix. If I find an armor echo and do this, a green set piece usually drops which is already dozens of times in storage.
I also have the impression that the more Corruoption you accumulate, the more garbage drops. Yes, more drops, but mostly just more garbage. When something good drops, it’s not for my class. It’s always things for other classes. It feels like LE is programmed to not generate the loot the player needs. If there was at least trading.

2 Likes

Yes, trade will be especially useful in that scenario where you’re trying to find a piece to make your build work, whether it’s a unique or an idol. Especially for idols, since it seems like idol drops are weighted to drop your class more. Playing with other classes, I’ve yet to find crit throw idols for my hammerdin.

As for the high corruption only dropping more garbage, that’s actually expected. Low-tier uniques are more weighted to drop. High corruption only increases the amount of loot that drops and doesn’t change those weights. So if you now have x10 drops, it will be 10x more garbage. It just helps because your 0.01% of a good drop will effectively become 0.1% instead (or whichever number it actually is).

Overall I think that trade will make things a lot easier for casuals and semi-casuals. Top players might have an easier time finding top-tier gear, but it will basically change their gameplay from grinding for drops to grinding for gold for trades, and trading lots of low/mid gear to further get more gold.

I think I expressed myself incorrectly, English is not my main language. I’m not casual or semi casual, I’m more of a pro grinder :smiley:
What I meant is, if you offer to farm items directly, that should work too. When you enter a timeline, there are icons at the bottom that say what kind of echo you can find in the timeline. But the higher the corruption, the fewer these echoes appear. There are more general “I drop an epic” echoes. The higher the corruption, the fewer valuable items drop in the echoes. I have better drops on 150 corruption than on 350 corruption. It is also the case that rings, for example, drop endlessly. However, only rings with strength and dexterity drop, but none, really none, with intelligence on them. Since I play a mage, it can’t do anything with the loot.
Let’s move on to the statistics. I have at least 20 exalted rings with 15+ strength or dexterity in the tray but have never seen one with intelligence drop. Looks like it was done on purpose.

It can be frustrating to be on the wrong side of RNG but one of the things that actually does go up with corruption is the number of those types of nodes. There is still some randomization to it so you could theoretically find a 0 corruption timeline with more of them than a 300 corruption timeline if you got crazy unlucky but the vast majority of the time, the 300 will have a good chunk more.

4 Likes

I think they also mentioned that corruption and rarity does not affect Legendary potential currently, too. Don’t quote me on this, I might be wrong.

If it did, I imagine the grind for loot will be much easier than it is now. And I know how you feel, OP. I wanted a good Cleaver Solution 2-3 LP for my build as well but alas, whether it’s the drop RNG or the cache, I’ve been failing to get the stats I want for it.

At the moment, no, but when we get trading with 1.0, an economy will develop & since traded items can’t be resold, that effectively pulls items out of the economy (“consuming” them, kinda). Gold will continue to pile up throughout the season though it can also be “consumed” by purchasing stash tabs & the Lightless Arbour. Runes/etc can’t be traded but they do get consumed by crafting.

That’s (statistically) unlikely since there are 7 set helms & 15 unique helms that can drop from that mono reward, so you’re a bit over twice as likely to get a unique helm (15/22 = 68% compared to a set helm (7/22 = 32%). Prismatic Gaze, however, is flagged as rare & has a 60% reroll chance (so if the game decides to drop a Prismatic Gaze, it then rolls again & has a 60% chance to not drop it).

Not directly, no, however both of those give you more drops therefore more uniques therefore more chances of a unique with LP.

Actually, it’s not frustrating to be on the wrong side of the RNG Jesus. I think most players, of this type of game, specifically like this grind.
But for me, Last Epoch feels very different from PoE or Diablo 2, for example.
A few facts from my Last Epoch experience:

60-70% of all dropped items are for necromancers or have a necromancer stat.

After logging in for the first time every day, I get 10 uniques within 10 minutes, then no more. And if then always without LP.

From 20x “Helmet Echos” at 350 corruption I loot 10x Snowblind and 10x green Crap

I can equip 2-4 complete necromancers full endgame from stash, but don’t even have the matching rings for my mage.

I also have a full endgame set for the primilist and archer.

I have over 10000 Glys and Runes, but i only get empopwered Items without Intellegenz on it or for other classes. So i can´t use them.

If i have the luck and a empowered Ring drops with Intellgenz, there is definitely a T6 or T7 Minon Stat included, allways!

These discrepancies in the loot create frustration. Nobody has a problem with farming 10000 hours. But item generation should always be completely random. It doesn’t feel random in Last Epoch. It feels like the game is punishing you for your class choice. If you play a mage, I drop much less intellegenz items.

It shouldn’t be like that.

You must either be a fringe case or having confirmation bias.
Other than idols favoring the class I’m playing, my loot so far has been completely random. Just yesterday I was hunting an ashen crown and I’ve had 5 different helmets drop from echoes and runes, including a prismatic gaze. Some unique drops are repeated, which is to be expected cause they’re the common ones, but overall my drops have all been randomized properly.

Are you sure your filter isn’t hiding the items you want?

2 Likes

I don’t know. I seem to get an awful lot of rogue gear when I play my Sentinel. Some games were actually setup, so more ‘other class’ loot would drop, encouraging you to play alts. I’m not saying LE is doing that, but all my Unique bows have been found while playing classes other than my rogues.

1 Like

It would be interesting if the devs (Mike) could do a similar numerical test on the item drop code for X million drops to see if there is any bias, like he did with the fracturing pre-crafting rework.

Save us Obi Mike Kenobi, you’re our only hope!

If I’m allowed to butcher a quote from @Heavy’s favourite IP.

2 Likes

It’s possible that it happens. I’d say some ARPGs do the inverse (like D3/D4) which is stupid to me, because it takes away my incentive to try other classes. But that is a personal preference and not really relevant.

However, confirmation bias is a very strong and subtle thing and it’s quite likely that it affects how we see our loot drops. If you pair that with the fact that unique drops are weighted we might reasonably assume that it alters our perception of the loot drops.

I’m not saying that’s what happens. At least for idols it seems that you get way more drops for your class than others. It’s possible that there’s also a bias for uniques and exalteds. It’s also possible that the bias simply happens due to the weights the items have. Only the devs can answer that, really.

Even if you were to start writing down all your drops it wouldn’t tell much unless lots of people did the same, to rule out outliers. Or unless the devs did the item drop test @Llama8 suggested with a really high number.

It might not even be that, it just might be the perception of drops, given expectations. When I’m on my XYZ character, I’m more than likely hoping for drops for XYZ character, so anything outside that expectation is amplified. Now, I’m not saying I didn’t get any Sentinel drops when playing Sentinel, but I got far less desired or useful drops for my Sentinel. While anything dropped for another class has potential to be useful for some build there. So they are more frequently highlighted by my perception.