Talk on the street about this game

Out of interest, and I am not watching/subscribed to D4 updates, do you have link to an official statement from Blizzard regarding P2W for D4. Like others, I do not trust Blizzard and there is likely to be an asterisk to small print somewhere, but it would be interesting to read if they have committed to not having any pay for benefit/power in D4.

ps. I could obviously google, but am lazy.,

So when LE has a battle pass, it’s a hard pass for you then?

A battlepass that is both optional & has no P2W nevertheless.

They made it absolutely clear with no politician spin (like DI) to mislead people.

The problem with internet is fake Info spread like wildfire& people just believe because no one corrected them. Diablo Immortal dev NEVER said the game is not P2W. They said you cannot buy XP boosters, you cannot buy gears, but NEVER you cannot buy power or advantage.

Sure, it is giving impression its P2W lite or no P2W. You can say they lied by omission & that not unfair take.

However, D4 developers downright said, NO pay for power (like a dozen time in the blog), & even explain in detail what will be monetized, what will NOT.

But here is the link.
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022

Very positive read of that D4 blog post. Wish I could trust Blizzard not to change their minds before launch but for someone like me that absolutely loathes the entire concept of p2w in all its forms, that was a very promising read - so much that if it stays that way, I may even buy D4 after boycotting Blizzard for a long time now.

I am old school, I would rather pay a box price or a subscription fee that everyone has to pay rather than than fork out real money for ad-hoc boosts etc.

The phrases:

This season design requires that all sources of character power come from playing the game, so you will not be able to pay for power in Diablo IV.

We want to be clear that players can’t unlock Season Boosts more quickly through purchases–there is no way to unlock more boosts, or boosts at a faster pace, by spending money.

In other words, there’s no way to shortcut getting Season Boosts by buying Tiers; they must be earned.

Nothing offered in the Shop grants a direct or indirect gameplay advantage. So, while many of these may look like powerful pieces of gear, they have no in-game stats.

are all very positive to me.

You and me both sir, I am a longtime diablo fan, started with the original and still play diablo 2 to this day, if D4 had a hint of P2W it would be a big miss for me, but as with anything, anyone including game devs can lie, but i am hugely optimistic that isnt the case here.

Again having some first hand experience (cough closed beta cough) D4 is shaping up nicely. :wink:

1 Like

We DON’T need to trust them. It is their self-interest NOT to have P2W, because they know the core audiences (the PC master racers) are vastly against P2W, unlike the mobilers. DI already catered to the audience receptive to P2W.

Which is why the focus on a whole blog on NOT having P2W., because it is the most talk about thing in D4. The need to address no P2W is critical they made entire blog telling you there will be no P2W. They are smart enough to know the backlash will be castrophic if they reverse. They basically hypothetically speaking sunk their ships after crossing the sea, to prove their commitment of not going back.

They are smart enough to know P2W will make D4 DoA. I don’t trust them for being nice, I trust them to know their core audiences, & how not to cause issue that cause mass exodus, that is against their own interest.

Have you seen the armors. They are pretty dope, & I am sure they make a killing for selling those (like Fortnite which only all cosmetics & BP) & BP, & it will be both financial success & gamers happy.

2 Likes

Nobody needs to trust Blizzard. Just don’t preorder the game, wait till release and act based on facts instead of speculation.

5 Likes

Who are you & what have you done with a person on the internet?

3 Likes

I ate it… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Well, when it comes to Diablo 4, it can be whatever it wants to be for me. I don´t care. I´m not gonna ever bother to play it.
However, when it comes to this game Last Epoch, if the devs decides to make some kind of Starter Package(s), I am in fact very likely to buy one. To give me a Booster if you want to call it that, to help me along the way. And no, it would not boost me the way of it being Pay2Win, no. Neither would it give me any kind of Superpowers to be able to reign over everyone else who plays.

Yes.

They said they don’t sell items and power in the ingame shop. The problem is I can’t trust Blizz anymore.

That’s a quaterly update that can change in the next quarter or at release or whenever. As long as they offer no “money back” program when they implement pay to win I’ll never trust it.

This pretty much

OK as some people clearly cant see the wood for the tree’s, the best way i can put it, is like this.

The less of you that buy the game and refuse to play it, means i will have less of a queue to deal with on release day :joy:

1 Like

They NEVER said you cannot pay for power. They divert saying no booster, and cannot buy gears.

In D4 post, they SPECIFICALLY said no pay for power.

Sure they could change the last min, but does it make sense? If people refuse to play because it has P2W, how does reverse last min helps. Sure, you may trick some buying not knowing, but its a live service game, not a one-off game. The people will just leave & you get a massive backlash.

In any case, no one said you have to buy day one if you are really that scared.

Also I have bad news for you,

LE will almost for certainly have battlepass in the pipeline. Every live service that came in pass 3 years has that. Its just a matter of when.

You can say the same about a mobile version too.

It’s not bad news because I think I have severeal hundret hours to much play time for a refund ^^. IF they announce Some BS I’m not happy with I’m out and had enough playtime for the money spent and just leave a review and be done with it.

I’m simply done with buying into stuff I’m not sure about. LE was the last preorder and the last EA game I bought because I don’t want to be fooled anymore.

In what regard have you been fooled by EHG?

1 Like

Irrational cynicism and aggressive distrust sometimes get confused for wisdom on the internet.

2 Likes

LE was the last preorder because I got fooled a lot by different titles and publishers. So far LE is the exeption of the rule and it seems I stoped my bad habbites when it was the best possible moment to do so ^^.

1 Like

My understanding is that it’s the top priority of devs, we haven’t had any major updates for a while, a longer time than usual at this point I think. They know this and they’re working on it.

Whenever I did PoE, it was SSF strictly.