Talk on the street about this game

This right here. It’s not constructive criticism, which would be full acceptable. It’s just someone wanting be the ‘it’ guy for bringing a ‘relevant’ take to everyone else. If we want to discuss the nuts and bolts of what should and shouldn’t be in mp, let’s have at it and give the Devs something actually worth their time to read. But this signaling stuff is just nonsense.

2 Likes

Did you ever by chance check out the mod scene for Grim Dawn? If not there are 3 amazing mods, Dawn of Masteries, Grimarillion and Reign of Terror. The first has classes from D2, D3, TQ among others. Think it totals around 40 classes.

Grimarillion only has the TQ and D3 classes added, but it is much more balanced than DoM.

Reign of Terror is probably among the best mods ever made, it is an extremely faithful remake of D2 using Grim Dawns engine.

Plus there is a fan made and modded league if thats your thing.

That game with mods can you keep you occupied till, well, forever. Multiplayer too.

2 Likes

A thoughtful response, thank you. I think you make the best case for waiting longer.

Contrary to what other responses have implied, I don’t know wtf other posters have been saying, I’m not here to repeat any of it, I never check in on this forum other than to see what the state of MP is and then I leave, and come back again 6 months later. It’s getting old. But thanks for putting together a non-aggressive well-reasoned reply.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m not usually a mod kind of guy, I like sticking with the stock releases supported by the devs and not fooling around with unsupported tweaks. But I appreciate your attempt to give me something to think about regarding Grim Dawn. Thanks.

1 Like

No problem! Even vanilla Grim Dawn is pretty great, ya its perspective is a little different but the gameplay and build variety are great.

BTW, Crate helped many of the mod creators along the way, the company has a great relationship with the guys who dev.

They also made game quite moddable in the first place. Many people ignore it when companies spend time and money to make game moddable and think modders are the only people to thank. I made a modding tool for Grim Dawn that let you change lots of things in tens of thousands of files in just a minute all thanks to how base game files were organised.

Back to topic at hand, I am on the MP camp for this game. I wouldn’t know if not having it hurt the player count a lot but I do think people waiting for MP isn’t insignificant.

One thing to consider though, all those examples have seasons and such to bring back the MP players regularly. Will LE have enough resources to devote on developing seasons in a timely manner?

1 Like

The Reign of Terror mod is phenomenal. If you like D2 & GD you should definitely give it a go.

Yeah, that’s a valid question/concern. If you look at PoE, their early leagues were much, much smaller & less ambitious compared to their later ones due to the smaller team size they had. I see no reason why LE shouldn’t follow the same kind of path if that’s what they want to do (though obviously things are a bit different due to LE having a box price & PoE being F2P).

1 Like

I have been playing Torchlight Infinite and their league mechanic is basically a ‘fill a bar by killing mobs’ then you press the button to spawn waves im guessing depending on how much you killed

Its good because its basic and has agency, you can do it when its ready each time or just wait until the end of the Map and spam it 3-5 times if your build can handle it, first initial league mechanics dont need to be anymore than this at first imo

1 Like

Hmm, I haven’t taken a look at Torchlight since the first release. Maybe I should go back and take another look. Thanks.

Torchlight 2 is a great game on its own, and it also has a pretty extensive roster of mods like Grim Dawn. I know you said you werent into mods, but they are really pretty great.

That’s the endgame mechanic not the league mechanic afaik.

This is always my #1 concern with trade / MP focus in these games.

Trade is an independent issue and doesn’t even have to be a part of a good multiplayer game. Guild Wars 2, one of the most successful and thriving Triple-A MMOs, has no player-to-player trading at all, other than indirectly through the Auction House. The devs of this game can implement MP without introducing any so-called trade balancing.

2 Likes

So let me tell you a secret: An AH is also a form of trading.

And on top it has a lot more influence on an economy than direct player to player trading.

That is one of the smoothest forms of trading…

Well Destiny has no trade and does fine, so, sure. But the devs here are already talking about trade, so the point of LE being a non-trade MP game is moot. Now we have to deal with the implications of trade + MP.

1 Like

The same one Last epoch will have, selling cosmetic & pets MTX…

So LE is a hard pass for you as well?

2 Likes

Still there is no season pass in LE so wtf are you talking about? :smiley:

On top of it no idea what D4 is hiding because Di was announced with no buyable items and power and we all know what we got.

On the one hand when blizz announced DI they never denied P2W at all, ever, but since D4 announcement they have been shouting from the rooftops, with a loudspeaker, almost every 3 months that there will be no P2W, the only buyable stuff will be cosmetic and battle pass, battle pass isn’t such a big issue.

On a side note D4 is shaping up to be great BTW :wink:

3 Likes