Swarmblade 'Locust Master' BASIC FUNCTIONALITY Broken

Class: Primalist
Skill: Swarmblade Form
Node: Locust Master

Issue:
Basic functionality simply isn’t there, the first slash progresses into the second slash as with pre-node functionality, instead of into the expected ‘summon locust’. The only thing the node currently does is add a 8 second cooldown after the second slash, making the ability worse rather than improving it in any way.

There may also be a secondary - more edge case - issue that could be fixed at the same time where if the first slash is used without hitting the second slash (or, perhaps, the intended ‘summon locusts’), the second slash ability will linger for roughly 8 seconds before initiating an additional 8 second cooldown, during which the player cant do anything with the skill.

Additional:
This appears to be a very simple database issue that would take a few minutes to fix at most, however it appears to have been around for almost a year now: original report.

Whilst I expect many interaction issues with a game like this on launch - I do not expect BASIC FUNCTIONALITY to be completely absent when its been long since reported (and, hopefully, logged).

Given the length of time to which a simple database issue has been allowed to linger in regards to basic functionality, I severely question the teams ability to track and prioritize issues (particularly given the opening thread opening this section suggesting that this is common place).

I almost fear getting invested now if BASIC FUNCTIONALITY is allowed to break and remain unaddressed for such huge spans of time - how many more similar issues might I encounter after spending precious hours putting together a build only to find that time forever wasted?

There could be a redesign on the horizon for it (which would make sense as it is tied up with another node ‘Spiked Vespiary’ - something which my designer urges want to fix). However, this does not excuse BASIC FUNCTIONALITY being unaddressed for almost a year and being allowed to pass into release (where was the pre-release polish sweep!? did someone really mark this node as shippable!?).

3 Likes

It’s shameful that something as simple as this is still bugged…

That’s pretty crazy. It has been bugged for almost a year…

this apparently needs more visibility, a YEAR ehg, a year. worst part is it use to work and i’ve been waiting this entire time to play it again.

Still broken it seems.

Still broken.

You guys must be new around here. EHG is pretty bad at fixing bugs, most stuff stays like that for 2 years.

I have to learn through content creator youtube video’s that certain nodes don’t work in both the passive/skill tree for my lich so I am upvoting. These video’s are also a year old. Can the team please acknowledge the listing of known passive/skill point bugs since they are now fixing the ones that are overperforming, yet I haven’t seen much on those not even working.

bumping for more visibility. EHG i’ve asked as well as others in streams and discord and here as well. can we please have an update on this skill specifically instead of continued silence. i mean you guys haven’t even acknowledged that it’s broken yet.

1 Like

few more patches with zero acknowledgement of this issue or whatever the underlying core combo skill issue that’s plaguing locust master. /bump

I keep getting e-mail notifications for this post… surprised others haven’t caught onto the studios bad culture yet. If it hasn’t been fixed in over a year in time for release (when theyre supposed to do a polish pass and make sure basic functionality is at least present), i wouldn’t expect a fix ever unless they rework the entire tree, probably introducing different non-functional nodes in the process.

Its likely a studio lead by half arsed designers who are too busy fucking around with new ideas to even make sure they have a viable product (a common problem with designer-lead studios)… not actual leaders who may be cognizant that they have players who care about the quality of the game.

I just regret I couldn’t refund.

I put up a review for others to not trust this studio with their time given the apathy and nonsense ideas expressed in their community posts (they always have to be corrected by their community, begrudgingly). Wait for a studio with a better culture to inevitably make a similar game, one you CAN trust with your time.