Support for Linux distributions other than Ubuntu?

I was just trying to install LE on my openSUSE Tumbleweed PC but after an initial download for the patcher it just stops and tells me there’s an Internet connection issue.

I’ve read some of the older posts regarding this and was wondering if it’s simply a case of, if you want to use Linux to play LE, use Ubuntu?

Personally, I can’t stand any of the ‘buntus’.

We would need more precise error code, it could be openssl version mismatch, compared to what is expected.

I’m playing from debian based systems without issues. (Not ubuntu)

If you’re happy with OpenSUSE, maybe you can try to create an Ubuntu docker container?

Thanks for the reply.

It’s an issue that’s been around for a long time and there are numerous posts in the tech support forum. It’s also something the Dev’s are aware of.

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ll pass. I’ve been using openSUSE and SUSE linux before that, for a long time. Never liked any of the *buntus also not a big fan of APT package managers.

Pretty cool idea actually. I had the connection issue here on Fedora 34, but dockerizing LE into a ubuntu-based image works really well, really smooth performance too.

For anyone else trying this, you’ll need to forward GPUs into the container so you will need nvidia container toolkit. I used the nvidia/vulkan:1.1.121 image as a base image, installed necessary X11 stuffs and forwarded the X11 socket into the container. Here’s my command:

docker run --privileged --rm -ti -v /home/bs:/home/bs:rw\
  --env "DISPLAY"=$DISPLAY --device /dev/snd \
  -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix:rw --gpus all --user bs:bs le \
  sh -c '/home/bs/Downloads/le/Launcher; sleep 365d'

Here’s a screencap

Thanks for posting this information…

Thank you for this. I’ll have to play with this next week. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.