Suddenly unable to login

As of 1pm today, I was able to login and play. I played from around 1pm until around 3pm. I have had exactly 0 issues logging in in almost 300 hours of play. I have made 0 changes to my PC today, no updates, no new software, no settings changes. I have made 0 changes to Last Epoch settings today. As of 8:30pm today, I am unable to login. I have tried through Steam and through the .exe launcher in the SteamApps folder.

The game launches, and I am allowed to enter my login details. When I hit the button to login, the portal animates for a few seconds, then freezes. At this time, the entire app freezes up, and then crashes.

The only steps I have taken so far are to verify my game data through Steam. I am not sure what else to do, as there are no changes I can roll back or investigate.

Edit: After uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I am now able to log in.

Hey.,… glad you could get this working again… pity it required a reinstall…

I had a similar issue but based on advice on the Discord channel, I attempted the launching from the .exe multiple times and eventually it got through.

As far as I am aware, there was some issue with Steam and cached login info - havent seen any official statement as to why it happened/ing but seems fine now.

ps. Steam verification is sometimes very flaky… I have found that I can run the verification once and find nothing, then I run it immediately again and find files to update… Not sure why this happens… Or I run it once, it fixed files and then I run it again and it fixes more… Steam is usually pretty decent but when something goes west, it can really be odd…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.