Stun Mechanics (Perma Stun)

Hey all trying to tweak my Shield Bash FG loving the D2 Uber smiter feel and want to perma stun Bosses.

So obviously in the talent you get 240% to Stun but how much regular stun will I need? Is my Damage going to play a huge part into the formula? Do I need items like Boulderfist to perma stun Bosses?

The goal would be to just Perma stun and hold down Shield Bash on Bosses making quick work of them in End game and be a Pinnacle Bosser. Just trying to understand the mechanics on Stun a little better and how much I need.

I’m not a stun expert, but I don’t think you can perma stun bosses. The most recent 1.1 patch included provisions to prevent this, such as the following in the patch notes:

“Other Boss Changes
Bosses have 50% more effective health against stun and freeze
Added modifiers for effective boss health against stun and freeze and changed freeze chance to take ward into account.”

You can still stun them, but it’s become more infrequent.

Patch notes for 1.1

Stun is based on damage, so yes, you’ll need to stack damage as well.

Challenge accepted :slight_smile:

I’m sure there is some breakpoint where it’s possible though. Thanks for this info and link I’ll read it.

You’re right, Seems to be a big part I dropped my Boulderfist for way better Dps gloves and can’t tell a difference. So just do damage I guess as well and should be fine.

Go get 'em Tiger!

Will do, I don’t think it will be too difficult because Shield Bash hits so dam hard now. Gonna work on my Crit today so Bosses will get chunked more consistently.

Don’t forget Shock increases your chance to stun by 20% per stack & Time Rot increases stun duration by 5% per stack.

2 Likes

So I did get perma stun Heorot and did enough damage at the same time where all his phases were skipped. Was at 143 Corruption but I also had a Crit shrine.

I did do Heorot at 193 with no shrine and almost perma stunned him but did get 1 of the phases. Looks like I just got to get the Melee Crit roll on Monoment and I should be good.

I was kinda suprised how well it worked against Heorot and it just caused him to not even phase is a very good sign. Maybe could have an Uber Pinnacle Bosser with perma stun.

1 Like

So the conclusion here is that LE basically introduced D2’s smiter in 1.1? :laughing:

1 Like

Yea an improved version of it maybe since it has a bigger range. I’ve been calling it the D2 Uber smiter. I love it.

1 Like

Share a planner? I’d like to try it as well.

This is a solid guide to give you ideas to iterate on.

They have the skills correct only difference is in Sigils (mana can be a problem) I went bottom left for mana efficiency to get the extra sigil instead of top right. We get plenty of + duration from the new ring (massive QoL). Then I have a +6/Block eff idol for now.

As for passives I don’t get why they don’t max the Block eff nodes. They are by far your best scaler. So just do that. Then in FG tree they take unflinching (again no idea why) I take Guardian for HP, Stun% and regen.

I also only have 5 pts in VK for Volatile. I haven’t made a build planner yet been grinding.

2 Likes

You could simply import your build on LE, that would be a good starting point to compare.

Oh I’ve never done that.

Yeah, just click import, input your account name and character name and LEtools grabs everything for you.

You’re gonna have to be more specific like on these forums there is a tab? I’ve never even looked at forum features or know where to start. I just click reply or post on here.

Left side, click import. Then share the link here.

EDIT: just realized that you were under the impression this is a forum feature. So to clarify, no. Forum common practice is importing build in lastepochtools and then placing the link here. (also the same for build guides outside of LE forums, including youtube).

Maxroll tried to make a planner as well, but I feel it’s clunky. LETools’s is easy to use and more importantly it has an aesthetic pretty close to the game, so it’s easy to find stuff.

1 Like

Yea I’ve only ever made like 2 build guides and had no idea you can import I’ll mess around with it latter. No ideas on a lot of features in LE tools or the forums. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi I am not able to perma stun pinacle bosses with 400% +40% longer stun chance with 75k dps and 130% as. So I think it would not be possible at all… at last not with my dps :slight_smile:
Just my 2cents about numbers.

What do you mean when you say 75k Dps? As in Shield bash says 75k?
Also 130% AS as in attack speed? Attack speed doesn’t benefit Shield Bash