Stuck on the splash screen

Hello,
I played yesterday with no problem with the 0.8.3b for the new 0.8.3 patch; I changed the resolution on a higher one (I changed my monitor two weeks ago).
And on my next mourning, the game is stuck on the splash screen, with real big issues on Windows ; can’t do much things but restarting my PC.
Can you help me, please ?
Thanks, and best regards.
DxDiag.txt (80.0 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (479 Bytes)
Player.log (5.2 KB)
Player.log (5.2 KB)
version.txt (6 Bytes)

[edit 1] I tweek the le_graphicsmanager.ini to get back where I was on resolution

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles …

Your dxdiag is not showing any issues with your OS, GPU drivers or anything else that I can see… You have some windows store update issues but they should not be related.

The player.log has no specific information as to the problem.

Your spec system shouldnt be having issues but its important to note that LE is in beta and has performance related issues - i.e. using higher settings/higher resolutions can cause stability problems… Its got less to do with your hardware and more to do with the state of the game right now.

For example… playing at your monitors native resolution 2560 x 1440(p) (144Hz) at Ultra settings on your 2070 Super is probably not going to be the most stable experience. It shouldnt be crashing on the login screen but it might… Normally you would expect the hardware to handle these kinds of settings for a game like LE but its beta so sometimes things go wrong…

Things to try:

1. Verify the game files through steam to make sure nothing has gotten corrupted.

2. Delete the le_graphicsmanager.ini & its backup from the Last Epoch folder (game not running obviously)

3. Do a safe mode GPU driver installation (or use something like DDU)… This process will make sure that your drivers are properly installed - sometimes just upgrading a driver doesnt actually replace files that it needs or that could be messed up.

If the game runs after any of these steps, then check your settings before playing and remember to be conservative with the settings.

Hello, and thank you for your quick answer !
I have tried 1. and 2. and it works for me :+1:
I changed the “Master quality” in “Very High”, did some restarts of Windows and it keeps launching correctly.
Something in “Ultra” mode is messing up with my configuration, sadly :cry:
Nevermind for the Ultra, at least, I can play this great game !
Keep up the good work ; thanks for all the team !
Bye ! :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.