Still can't target Lagon with Smite

As per title. I understand Lagon (still) has issues with being targeted with some skills. I think this should be a higher priority fix since you’ve included Lagon in Monoliths.

Having said that, I haven’t fought Lagon in monoliths yet as I’ve just fought him in the campaign, but I’m assuming he’s the same in both scenarios.

Smite is my main attack skill which renders my character useless against Lagon. Having to slot another attack skill just to fight Lagon is frustrating.

Thanks.

5 Likes

I’m encountering the same Issue, i can’t focus Lagoon with neither Smite or Stendard Javelin.

Found a solution: Aim for the back of his huge head, you should be able to hit Lagoon

Same here. Impossible to hit with javelin or smite. Hammerdin is really fun to play, but this… no comment

This is a known issue with Lagon and it has been for a while. There’s currently a workaround where if you aim a little higher above him (near the top of his head) it could potentially help with actually dealing damage. We’re tracking these issues internally.

2 Likes

That would be a great solution, except my current build utilizes the “Warpath” skill to cast “Smite” for me…and its not targeting Lagon in Monoliths. It renders me unable to progress the story. Hopefully this issue gets fast tracked, because this is highly frustrating.

1 Like

Yeah this is a known issue internally, I’ll re-up it.

not to sound disrespectful as that is not my intent but after 3+ years if the best you have a half-baked workaround that’s unacceptable for a game nearly reaching launch status he needs to removed from monoliths or fixed for ALL builds simple as that or this WILL be one of those make or break issues that will be all over YouTube and reviews once game is out of BETA status and in full retail

1 Like

The problems with Lagoon have been known for a long time. Months ago I pointed out several times that you also have big problems with Forge Strike and Manifest Armor, for example! Unfortunately nothing has been happening for months now and Lagoon is still being used as Monolith’s boss.
incomprehensible to me
because for some builds it is simply a hurdle that can hardly be overcome solo.

Screen of my Bugreport Oct22

Yikes. Reading these comments is very discouraging. Of course, I am having the same issue. Cant progress without someone carrying me through a monolith boss. If the issue has persisted this long, I am questioning development a lot more now. What is the point of feedback? I looked at the recent update post, this isnt even on the priority list. Lol. How is a build being unable to progress passed a low tier end game monolith not a priority?? Insane

You can just hit lagon with smite when you just use it on the top of the screen (above his head). I have no issue doing it solo this way with my smite caster build. But yes you are right. The game really needs a Q&A team. There are so many obvious bugs in the game for months/years now… and now the biggest issue: character roll backs. I’ll wait till 1.0 to continue playing this mess - yeah its a beta… but its 5 years now and most updates make the game worse than better while most systems are the same for years.

1 Like

I will bump this as a patch just dropped and this issue isn’t fixed. This makes the combination of Warpath with Smite or Multistrike with Smite almost unusable. The “work around” is negligible and makes the fight very tedious if you havent specd into Smite as a caster.

This makes these builds extremely hard to level in Hardcore for example

1 Like

I’m at Ending the Storm monolith and I can’t move on anymore lol

1 Like

I still can’t understand why this isn’t/hasn’t been a higher priority. It’s Lagon! Appearing in the campaign as a road block and then in Monoliths as a road block.

You can’t target him correctly with many skills, then on the flip side, the Golem glitches him out so that he’s completely sideways and not damaging anything.

It’s not like this has been introduced as a problem with a recent patch, it’s been like this for quite some time. So unless this is an issue that’s so mechanically complicated that Lagon needs a complete redesign, I can’t see why the hit box can’t be tweaked?

1 Like

Geez… how can such a groundbreaking bug not be fixed like the next day it was discovered… totally stopped in my progress now in monolith…

Yea then i though… ok lets do some dungeons instead… and the boss… the same… cant target him. gg

1 Like

And what about the STATIC skill, because they can’t aim ?

1 Like

this is the biggest issue I have with the bug in the campaign you can muddle through but ffs they made him a monolith boss makes it unplayable I simply cannot do that monolith and THAT is a HUGE problem

The issue is still is not resolved and this is a breaking issue please fix this

I’m having these issues also. 3 builds now, always the problem of targeting.

Going to bump this post again since I have not seen on any patch notes of a fix.

I have been here a while now and from titbits gleaned here on the forum and in Discord from dev comments, I would guess that this is exactly the reason its taken so long and the problem still exists.

That said, why they havent been able to actually do the redesign in all this time - that one only the devs can answer. As a player I cannot really “defend” the delay in getting this fixed anymore.