Steam Deck Issue

It is telling me Steam Connection Required and I am online for Steam.

It is also telling me to update account, which has already been done: I was playing earlier and restarted my Deck and have been getting this nonstop now.

I’m having the same issue.

Also happened to me, had to switched to proton. Would be grateful for any follow-ups?

Edit: Found a fix. Even though there’s no compatibility tool selected, the game is still running through Proton.

1. Right click on the game. Select “Properties”.
  2. Click on “Compatibility”.
  3. Select “Force the use of a specific …”.
  4. Click on the dropdown and select “Steam Linux Runtime …”.
  5. Wait for the game update.
  6. Profit.

I did this change and had a few times of no issues and now it is back. This is extremely annoying.

I also have several issues with using the Steam Linux Runtime (missing skill icons, mini map issues, …). I recommend switching to Proton Experimental. Played for over 2 hours, no issues yet.

I am still having this issue no matter what I do. After five to ten restarts of the game I have to restart the Steam Deck and it goes through. I do not get what is happening but it is extremely annoying.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

I restart the game using different proton for compatibility issues on Deck and it continues to do this. I restart the Deck over and over along with changing proton for compatibility issues and it is constantly giving me “Steam Connection Required”. This is horrendous and needs addressed. I am not the only one having this issue when trying to find a fix. Nothing is working to get me to be able to play on the Deck consistently. When I get on, I can play fine but it can take an hour to get by this prompt which makes zero sense as I am launching it from Steam.

The compatibility changes are for issues with the game running on Deck. The game runs fine when it gets going, it just will not log in consistently.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.