Stash tabs merged/bugged (video)

Hey…

While reordering tabs can be done with a mouse, you probably dragged a tab into a category and this is not yet supported and unfortunately has caused a few issues by incorrectly reassigning the category IDs and tab IDs causing duplicates entries that corrupt the stash in various odd ways.

there are two temporary solutions right now… (after backing up your Last Epoch folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games)

1. You can consider deleting the global stash - not sure how the game will react, but logically it should recreate it. Important to do a backup first and obviously deleting this file will lose your stash items etc…

2. You can consider attempting to manually fix the category and tab ids in the global stash file (they are all at the end)… This is obviously NOT allowed in the game ToS and I have no idea if it will work for your specific issue but it has worked for at least one other person.

Very similar. Now fixed.

Same problem with mine, just tried option 1 but it does not solve the issue.

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

This is quite a complicated problem so exactly what yours might be is a little difficult to deduce from a single sentence.

Option 1 involves removing the Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta and Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_temp files - this will remove all shared stash from the game for all your characters. Not sure how this is intended to solve the problem - it doesnt, it just gives you a blank slate - i.e. empty uncorrupted stash to start again.

Option 2 is the “best” option but is not easy unless you have a technical background/mindset to figure out what is corrupted and fix it. And obviously if its borked beyond repair then there is nothing you can do but start again.

Sorry for being unclear. I was referring to the fact that I am experiencing the same issue as OP and my 2nd and 3rd big tabs become linked and one of the small tabs (originally under the 2nd big tab) got translocated under the 1st big tab. Deleting my global data files does not seem to work as the cloud recreated the deleted files with all the bugged stash tabs when I logged into the game.

Have a look at this and see if it is comparable to your problem.

I fixed it, but what I did is not formally permitted by the ToS, so it’s up to you to decide if you want to do it or not.

Ah… forgot to mention Steam Cloud Saves as I never use it - I have trust issues so I manually backup all my savegames (in all games) regularly…

If you still want to go the restarting route then just temporarily disable Steam cloud saves for LE.

However, if I were you, I would at least try to fix the corruption as per @Shtrak comment… its not technically allowed but its not hurting anyone imho.

Its alright, I will just repress my OCD self and wait for the patch. Thanks for the advise!

Ok… just be aware that any future patch might not be able to fix the existing corruption - it might solve the cause of the problem but be unable to retroactively fix any already corrupted stash file - that would probably be far too timeconsuming for the devs to implement as part of an in-line patch…

Obviously I am speculating here - maybe it will fix already corrupted stashes but I dont work for EHG so I cannot say for sure and my gut tells me it probably will not - best to be aware of this possibility.

I’d bet you’re right and patches will not fix local stashes. It’s not implementing a new feature, it would require an analysis of the stash then the application of the fix, it’s too complicated for a standard patch.

Perhaps the easiest way is to allow manual deletion of corrupted tabs in game and and offer a one time reset of the purchase cost of the stash tabs.

This happened to me as well, i recently got LE, and after playing some time with my first character, i decided to try another one, this wasnt here on the first charater, but on the second one when i entered the first area with chest to get some items, i saw this happened, i dont know if this will be helpful or not

I just had a bug that linked a new category with an old one. I messed around with it Trying to fix it, but I couldn’t. I thought I worked around it by making a new category and putting everything in the new one. But when I logged back into the game the bugged categories were back and the category I created and moved all my items into disappeared taking all my items with it. Anything new on this bug?

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

There is nothing new on this issue…

It cannot be solved in-game and its pretty difficult (for non programmer / data types) to edit the actual Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta file to correct the issue… (the tabs & categories are at the end of the file) Essentially (as you have seen from the other thread you also posted in), you need to have unique category ids and then assign tabs to those valid categories… if you do not have unique ids for each category or have tabs linked to missing categories then it no longer works…

So…if the backup _temp version of the file is also messed up (you can replace the non-temp one)… then the only way you can fix it is manually by editin the text file…

i got the same bug then another bug more anoying appeared … two of my tabs combined and all items for one of them are completly lost… i have just twice the same tab now… btw i have lost ~100 unique items… i am really disappointed… how can i get back all those items ? i have lost so many hours of farming…
Edit: even if i remove all items from the twin tabs i am not able to delete one the tab… so it seems that my unique tab still exists but it turned into the one it combined with

There is no way to fix this without manually editing your stash file and correcting the categoryID & tabID matches…(see above)… It is very likely that all your missing tabs and items are still in the file, just mis-labled so the game cannot recreate the stash properly.

If you try to edit the files, you do this at your own risk (so make backups) and its probably not allowed in the ToS…

Unless you have a backup of your files, there is nothing else that you can do to get it back…

Hi thx for the reply.
Even if i cant take back my items, is there a way to fix my chest ? because i don’t want to put my items in it now, i am afraid to have the same bug and lose them again…

No other way to fix things right now that I know of…

you can read through what others have done above and see if their workarounds solve it for you…

i manage to fix the bug by changing with a logical suite the “category ID” in the Global data file.
i had my combined stash tabs with the same ID number, the problem was here.
I just hope i wont have problems with the ToS, because it is not for cheating but for solving a bug

It is a beta, the trick is only for a fix, it should be OK.