Starting Cycle with nothing feels bad

Starting a new cycle with no gear, shards, runes, or gold feels really bad. This makes certain content difficult during the campaign due to not being able to craft better stats on your gear. It seems like mobs during the campaign are tuned for people who have leveling uniques. I would recommend going back down to previous mob density during the campaign, as well as increase drop rates for shards and runes. Another option would be to have players start the campaign with a small number of shards or gold.

I think it feels fine.

5 Likes

I would agree that leveling early in the campaign, lowering the cost of shatter shards or maybe more gold earned from quests. While I was leveling I found I wasn’t able to craft on gear for many levels because not enough gold to buy shatter shards to shatter items to get shards.

its alright

I disagree. I started again from scratch for launch and I enjoy not having access to everything I gathered before and having to make do with what I find. There is legacy if you want to have all your stuff available to you.

9 Likes

You get cloak, bees, twitch drop wich will be available only once. Chance to buy support packs wich will be available only once up to end of first 30 days after release. You get time to prepare for real cycle, you get experience with builds and mechanics,graphic improvement in compare with past, what do you want else ?

Starting out with a little something defeats the purpose of a cycle reset.

Early game is fine imo

If u dont like the challange of a fresh start play legacy mode

3 Likes

Otherwise. I don’t know how naive you have to be to ask the developers to give you a “season” with rewards and challenges when major problems like bugs that appeared only after 189k people joined the servers that still have problems with peaking, unlike the pre-release version of around 10k people.
The game is not stable and until it is fixed it would be unfair to reward players in any way for playing the season. That’s why the first season or cycle is without added value and content to first ensure that in the second season you’re not crying that you can’t play and get rewards from the cycle because of bugs etc

Sorry to oldschooldiablo…you have same profile pic and i dont read who is who. It was mean to guy who made this thread

1 Like

Np been there done that

1 Like

Then don’t do it. Starting totally fresh is literally the whole point of playing Cycle.

4 Likes

This is precisely why the whole concept of seasons began. Brand new start. Everyone starts at Zero Hour the exact same way. Go.

3 Likes

1.0 made me realize just how much benefit I was getting through shared stash. I lost my toon just a few hours into 1.0, which almost never happened during EA. I realized how big of a deal it is being able to equip new toons with tons of uniques and shards. Difficulty definitely feels a lot higher starting with nothing.

That being said, it’s kind of to be expected with a seasonal character and the extra challenge is part of the fun, imo.

The campaign is still really easy. I don’t know what to tell you

But that’s the entire point if cycle. If you dudnt want to do that why didn’t you play your standard characters?

No, they really aren’t.

You mean the mob density thats unchanged?

No, the 2 new masteries and factions are the content for the first season. The next few seasons will likewise have core content added to both season and standard at the same time. Once they’ve done adding what they consider core content then they may follow PoE and have a season mechanic.

1 Like

You have something when you start a new cycle: your brain. Apply it, friend.

2 Likes

Not at all.
I died twice during the campaign, once because I got stuck & second time was our old friend Lagon. During that time I only had two Uniques I could use, Avarice from the Ledger quest & I had Vortex Pennant drop around level 35.

Something tells me this is your first ARPG ever after idk Torchlight maybe or Titan Quest.

man, lol

This is like every season/ladder/league in every other ARPG, i.e., D4, D2, PoE. Starting fresh is the whole point.

Well, not D4 exactly, if you know what I mean.

This is an ARPG, chief. The game is built on appeasing the Random Number Gods, hoping they will bless you with the mightiest of loot, so you can get better, mightier loot. Crafting is not, and should never be, the main focus of gear. It’s an additive, not a raison d’etre.

PoE did too much damage to this genre…