"Spoilers new content" : Rare Siege Golem feels overtuned

I am not a ranged build and I don’t think they are particularly over-tuned. They probably need a little adjusting, but I hope they leave them in the game mostly as they are now. They do still one shot me from time to time when I am not paying attention, or when they have savage modifiers in monolith. But again, if I choose to run a monolith with high risk modifiers, I should be ready to regret that decision if I see certain enemy types when I go in (faster cast rate with deadly leading to non stop enemies avalanche spamming comes to mind).

Thanks for the feedback!

Our balance team are laying siege to these guys, so keep an eye on the #patch-notes. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

If you’re not a ranged build, what build are you playing to say that they’re not overtuned ?
Avalanche enemies deals close to 100 damage on my character (which is nothing with all the leech and life gain on hit i have), meanwhile i get One Shot off screen by the golems. And i’m not even talking about their crazy Incinerate skill.

If you don’t think they’re overtuned, just compare them to any other enemy type and tell me if there is just one which is even close to them…
Spoiler : they’re none.
This is why i’m saying they’re overtuned : they outclass by far any other enemies type. That’s the literal definition of overtuned.

1 Like

Thanks you Sarno, you and your team are the best :smiley:
(Nice joke by the way :slight_smile: )

1 Like

These golems are AWESOME. One of the first enemies you need some tactics to defeat.
Another one great enemy is walking… flower? With a corpse inside, that blocks everything most of the time.
But I feel that golems little bit too powerful too. Maybe it could be turned into a boss…

2 Likes

Yes, as i said, they do look sweet and their mechanics are good, problem is the tuning, that’s all :slight_smile: Their stats for health and damage are just a bit too high ^^

I’m also side steping the cone of fire, but it doesn’t matter when there is 1 or 2 other Golem or Bosses, the fight become a nightmare. To be clear, i can facetank 1 Rare Siege Golem, the problem is that i can’t facetank a Siege Golem and the rest of the Arena ^^
They are not exactly a threat by themselves, but if you had other rare monsters or bosses on the equation (which happens a lot in Arena), you can’t win.
As a SSF character (so i have no perfect gear), as melee, Siege Golem are a nightmare to fight with other mobs in Arena.

1 Like

I agree. OMG I thought the Marsh Beetles were brutal. These things are murderous against non-ranged characters and minions.

Speaking of minions, i saw a summon weapon getting hit by Siege Golem Mortar attack (and minions got 50% less damage taken) for +1300 damage… xD

WOW! ONLY +1300 damage? <-- sarcasm. Yeah, when everything gets one shotted, it kinda takes the fun out of attacking them. Definitely need a few notches taken off the damage they do

edit: However, I will say, their tankiness does make for a fun battle

I think i understood why they deal so much damage : i think that almost all of their skills (except the mortar-like attack and their charge) deals Damage Over Time, so Glancing blow, block and Forge Guard passive mastery doesn’t work against them.
Hard to tell tho whith all the effects happening on screen ^^

Interesting observation. I’ve never paid much attention to that. On my necro, I’m usually running around like a chicken, trying to keep my minions up. Then I get one shotted because I zigged when I should’ve zagged lol

Immolations area of effect is just to big. Takes up 80% of the screen (maybe more. It’s very difficult for melee to get out of range before dying (especially if you are slowed)
All the other skills are easily avoided.

while leveling my paladin nothing else in the game takes me below 80% health, but Immolation has killed me both times long before I made it out of its AOE.
Even the final boss barely scratched me.

2 Likes

Siege golems are fine if the Flamethrower skill is telegraphed properly. At the moment the animation is fast, the skill’s travel speed is fast, the damage is high, and there is no ground indicator. It’s manageable if there is only one golem in Woodlands arena, but it’s extremely frustrating to see two golems in Heorot’s Arena. You can’t even manouver since all escape paths are blocked with a fast moving, wide AoE skill.

Immolation is an issue. People that don’t think so either play ranged so haven’t seen it, or they have a good movement skill to get out of range quickly. Even when I run immediately to get out of it, I have to mash my potion button over and over just to make it out. I have 60% protections and 100% glancing too.

I can confirm after some testing, Siege Golem flamethrower and immolation skills don’t count as skills and are dots…
That’s why they deal so much damage : they’re dealing huge Dots damage that go through glancing blow defenses…

Glancing Blow don’t work vs Siege Golem, their damage are dots, they bypass this defense…

If their skills were hits and not dots, they will be a lot easier to deal with.

At the moment, they destroy any melee build at mid wave of Arena

2 Likes

So I guess that means glancing blow is less of a “must have” defence then. :wink:

1 Like

Yes ^^

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.