Spin-To-Win Overhaul coming in Patch 0.8.3

That is something we have worked on and improvements are coming in the patch 0.8.3. It feels really great! You can Lunge without canceling Warpath and while holding Warpath button down, your character will start channeling again after Lunge :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I presume the same happens with all of the other skills?

WoW (and other games too I’m sure) has a thing where procs of certain spells makes a ‘minion’ appear who attacks for the duration, but they are basically called ‘a DoT with a graphic’.

Very nice visuals and very bad presentation of skill when hitting monster its going right over the monsters, there is literally no filling of that skill hiting any of them, same goes for all of your skills i hope u change it in future i think this is the reason this game started to be repetative and bland for me I do not enyoj killing monsters at all

The way it works, move speed will have very little effect on this actually.

Oh of course, it’s the “if you have travelled 2m recently”. So if you’re constantly moving you’ll always have the % chance to echo…

“While spinning, you have increased spell damage.”

Obviously some of us thought of void spells but thats also a great build path for paladin fire spell version of warpath with flame burst, divine bolts, sometimes using volcanus etc.
Pretty neat, these changes look great and I like the idea of creating opportunities to build up or hop out of channeling and use a large attack.

I don’t like mana cost changes on Warpath at all. Here is why:
In order to get Reckless spin, you need 3 points into Unchained anyway, which leaves you -9 mana cost on Warpath.
So first, you can’t just reduce mana cost to zero by taking all those points, cause you will be left with 1 mana channel per second as paladin, and 2 mana per second as VK. And even smallest mana drain as warpath build is huge problem, cause you usually use Sigils of Hope, and even with Volatile Reversal, in long fights you eventually run OOM.
On the other hand, most Warpath builds use Inscribed Tablet, reducing warpath mana cost by 3. That way, taking those nodes you will waste 2 mana per second. (3 + 6 + 3 = 12).
And because 3 points in Apocalypse Whirl + 5 points into Abyssal tempest is a must because of huge +150% damage multiplier, you cannot really play around nodes that increase mana cost and give you base crit chance/crit multi.
And best option anyway will be to just take 3 points into Unchained, 1 point into the other Unchained(both nodes’ names are the same), + Inscribed Tablet, without huge - all res penalty. So nothing really changes.

That’s assuming Unchained is unchanged :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Is it getting 50% more chains?

Not really, no, it’s not REQUIRED.

Pure physical damage with enough physical penetration is similarly strong, even without crit.

Bleed/ignite as well.

[+ maybe others i don’t know yet.]

But you go those nodes even with pure physical damage build. 150% more damage for 9 points is something you always take, no matter the build.

When I took War Forge, I just didn’t have enough points for Abyssal Tempest.

“No matter the build” can already - as you yourself indirectly pointed out with the first sentence - not be quite right. With “ailments”, “more on hit” doesn’t really help you much.

Of course ailments don’t benefit from this. You knew what i meant, you dont need to be picky.
I was referring to you mentioning pure physical Warpath.

And yes, taking warforge instead of 9 points into Abyssal tempest is just super unoptimal, that is my main point. By unoptimal, i mean instead of getting +150% multiplier, you get maybe +50-90% multiplier. Those nodes are just so much better than everything else on the tree, and that is my main complaint about whole Warpath tree.

The vast majority of the tree is brand new. We started from scratch. Some of the nodes are very similar. Please don’t assume any node or the layout is the same as it was.

3 Likes

Okay thats fair, i just assumed these are the only changes

An understandable assumption. These are however very very far from the only changes.

1 Like

So global spell damage will be really nice for a abyssal echoes vk build.

That’s the skill I love the most atm, looking forward to the update.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.