Spin-To-Win Overhaul coming in Patch 0.8.3

That’s the best kind of right…

Also, minion stats are all over the proccing skill (Forge Strike Skill).

Manifest Weapon doesn’t behave like a minion, it’s a proc’d effect.

From the text I’d assume that any distance travelled of at least 2m would enable the “can echo” effect which is then disabled when it echoes. So yes, I’d assume that more movement speed (along with higher echo chance) would give you more echoes per second.

well technically a sword is separate from you the player and it moves above your head. you don’t directly control it. (technically a minion by logic) yes I’m being silly

Very. It’s no more separate from you than the graphical effect of Erasing Strike, Forge Strike, Devouring Orb, Rive or any other skill.

True but lets use forge strike where it states it manifest a sword. that sword it manifest is a weapon. So you could say its also a manifest weapon skill :stuck_out_tongue:

What about making possible to use lunge while in warpath?
Currently if lunge is used 0.0001 ms before cancelling warpath, it just won’t take effect
Waiting for this change solely to start playing warpath

I’m most excited about Giant Splitter. I like the idea of strategically jumping in and out of Warpath instead of just pouring everything into mana-saving nodes to stay in it as long as possible.

1 Like

I would like to have cold damage warpath that can freeze. be fun to freeze and shatter. maybe a new spec for future maybe.

That is something we have worked on and improvements are coming in the patch 0.8.3. It feels really great! You can Lunge without canceling Warpath and while holding Warpath button down, your character will start channeling again after Lunge :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I presume the same happens with all of the other skills?

WoW (and other games too I’m sure) has a thing where procs of certain spells makes a ‘minion’ appear who attacks for the duration, but they are basically called ‘a DoT with a graphic’.

Very nice visuals and very bad presentation of skill when hitting monster its going right over the monsters, there is literally no filling of that skill hiting any of them, same goes for all of your skills i hope u change it in future i think this is the reason this game started to be repetative and bland for me I do not enyoj killing monsters at all

The way it works, move speed will have very little effect on this actually.

Oh of course, it’s the “if you have travelled 2m recently”. So if you’re constantly moving you’ll always have the % chance to echo…

“While spinning, you have increased spell damage.”

Obviously some of us thought of void spells but thats also a great build path for paladin fire spell version of warpath with flame burst, divine bolts, sometimes using volcanus etc.
Pretty neat, these changes look great and I like the idea of creating opportunities to build up or hop out of channeling and use a large attack.

I don’t like mana cost changes on Warpath at all. Here is why:
In order to get Reckless spin, you need 3 points into Unchained anyway, which leaves you -9 mana cost on Warpath.
So first, you can’t just reduce mana cost to zero by taking all those points, cause you will be left with 1 mana channel per second as paladin, and 2 mana per second as VK. And even smallest mana drain as warpath build is huge problem, cause you usually use Sigils of Hope, and even with Volatile Reversal, in long fights you eventually run OOM.
On the other hand, most Warpath builds use Inscribed Tablet, reducing warpath mana cost by 3. That way, taking those nodes you will waste 2 mana per second. (3 + 6 + 3 = 12).
And because 3 points in Apocalypse Whirl + 5 points into Abyssal tempest is a must because of huge +150% damage multiplier, you cannot really play around nodes that increase mana cost and give you base crit chance/crit multi.
And best option anyway will be to just take 3 points into Unchained, 1 point into the other Unchained(both nodes’ names are the same), + Inscribed Tablet, without huge - all res penalty. So nothing really changes.

That’s assuming Unchained is unchanged :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Is it getting 50% more chains?

Not really, no, it’s not REQUIRED.

Pure physical damage with enough physical penetration is similarly strong, even without crit.

Bleed/ignite as well.

[+ maybe others i don’t know yet.]

But you go those nodes even with pure physical damage build. 150% more damage for 9 points is something you always take, no matter the build.