Keypress priority while channelling

When channelling, pressing another skill’s button won’t use that skill. That is inconvenient, if I use warpath and want to to lunge to enemy and then attack him, I need to stop channelling, then lunge, then start channelling again. If it happens, that I use lunge before I have stopped channelling, it won’t have effect.
More convenient will be, if using another skill while channelling will have priority and break the channel, starting the channelling skill again right after another skill was used. So if I need to press only one button to lunge during warpath, without any delays in between their usage and without possibility to lunge not being used.
Maybe this behaviour can be toggled in settings, if someone doesn’t want to have their channelling interrupted by accident.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point.

This works relatively fine for most non channeling skills. You can hold down Rive for example and easily Lunge to another enemy without the need to release the button. This gives an advantage, even if it’s just milliseconds. But it feels smoother as with warpath, when you have to actively release the button that channels WP. If you press Lunge too early it won’t work. So you always have that “safety” delay between WP and Lunge or you need to spamm the button to make sure Lunge works.

In general I noticed that if you hold a button down for a spammable attack, an additional button press gets priority. I can remember some interaction where this doesn’t work and should be changed. Warpath is one of those cases.

This suggested behaviour propably also kills the autocast interaction for Abyssal Orbs and Warpath. Because the autocast would interrupt the channeling of Warpath mostly uncontrollable. It would destroy the flow of such a build completely. If this is good or bad everybody has to decide for himself :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yes please.
Being able to teleport into safety asap while still holding the channel key would be great.
Other games have that and feels weird without here.

You mean Devouring Orb. But given the devs dislike of autocasting, I think that’s probably an argument in the favour of this functionality!

I’ve also noticed on my Hammer Throw Smite/DO caster that having DO on autocast all the time is actually bad given the mana cost. I’ve found myself just holding the button down when I’m approaching a pack or two then releasing it when I’ve cleared them. This saves quite a bit of mana, especially with a 1.2s cooldown on DO.

Yeah, sure… Devouring Orb :sweat_smile:.

Also the Autocast thing is nothing the game should be balanced around, imho. So I really don’t know why I mentioned it here. Maybe to proactive deal with people that might use it as an argument. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I raised this for Mages with ‘Disintegrate & Teleport’, im not sure if its an accidental design or not, very strange as no other ARPG does it, I sometimes get my fingers muddled doing it (and other skills) in the right order.

Hadn’t even noticed it with my Spin2Win Pally (Warpath+Lunge), but you are right… but it doesnt feel that bad because your moving constantly anyway and staying out of danger… but on mage you are stationary during disintegrate and arcane ascendancy, and one-shottable… and it feels horrible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.