Spin-To-Win Overhaul coming in Patch 0.8.3

With these changes I hope that means idols will get another design pass at some point. Warpath could use some love in that department. And Shield Throw… And Hammer Throw… And something for Multistrike… Just you know, tossing that out there.

You assume wrong I’m a minion guy I will echo manifest weapon! if they allow it. i will bring glory as long as there is not a cap XD

Some good ideas in there, some nice mana channel changes. Sounds pretty good & fun!

But Manifest Weapons aren’t minions, they’re the proc from the idol of the skill that was removed ages ago (the crappy overhead slash that’s kinda difficult to see during combat). Forged Weapons are the minions you get with Forge Strike. So I was right (as usual).

they may not be tagged minions but they play like wraiths which are minions. the definition of minion gameplay is using a separate entity from the physical player that act on their own and do damage. which they very much do. so they are unofficially minions even if they don’t have the tag. so your only technically right!

That could mean any proc then. A minion is rather a physical entity that moves around and attacks on its own. Manifest weapon is just a procced overhead slash ability.

It looks like my first 0.8.3 build will be a Spin2Win build.

well played!

I’m curious how the “if you have travelled at least 2 metres recently”- mechanics will work ecxactly. Does it have to be a straight line? Do several short instances of warpath, strung togehter, count?
Definitely seems to make movement speed more important (more speed = more procs).

That’s the best kind of right…

Also, minion stats are all over the proccing skill (Forge Strike Skill).

Manifest Weapon doesn’t behave like a minion, it’s a proc’d effect.

From the text I’d assume that any distance travelled of at least 2m would enable the “can echo” effect which is then disabled when it echoes. So yes, I’d assume that more movement speed (along with higher echo chance) would give you more echoes per second.

well technically a sword is separate from you the player and it moves above your head. you don’t directly control it. (technically a minion by logic) yes I’m being silly

Very. It’s no more separate from you than the graphical effect of Erasing Strike, Forge Strike, Devouring Orb, Rive or any other skill.

True but lets use forge strike where it states it manifest a sword. that sword it manifest is a weapon. So you could say its also a manifest weapon skill :stuck_out_tongue:

What about making possible to use lunge while in warpath?
Currently if lunge is used 0.0001 ms before cancelling warpath, it just won’t take effect
Waiting for this change solely to start playing warpath

I’m most excited about Giant Splitter. I like the idea of strategically jumping in and out of Warpath instead of just pouring everything into mana-saving nodes to stay in it as long as possible.

1 Like

I would like to have cold damage warpath that can freeze. be fun to freeze and shatter. maybe a new spec for future maybe.

That is something we have worked on and improvements are coming in the patch 0.8.3. It feels really great! You can Lunge without canceling Warpath and while holding Warpath button down, your character will start channeling again after Lunge :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I presume the same happens with all of the other skills?

WoW (and other games too I’m sure) has a thing where procs of certain spells makes a ‘minion’ appear who attacks for the duration, but they are basically called ‘a DoT with a graphic’.