Sometimes the majority is wrong

I think the majority got it wrong about “fixing” overperforming builds mid-cycle. Based on the rage about ballista it appears that the masses would actually prefer no fixes until the cycle is over. Let the OP be OP for a league…cough…i mean cycle.

Here’s an idea. Instead of nerfs BUFF the hell out of underperforming builds like my tank paladin :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I personally don’t mind them fixing an obviously broken build because of a bug. Like how Torment Warlock gets an insane amount of ward or how the Ballista’s bug wasn’t even its damage multiplier but simply its radius was the entire screen. The damage for it wasn’t touched at all, just how big the AoE was when the Ballista exploded when it died/expired.

6 Likes

To be fair, the majority was about fixing overpowered builds mid-cycle that were due to an unintentional bug/glitch – I think that’s a kind of important part of the whole thing.

Like if the tooltip says “5% life leech” but it’s actually doing 500%… vs if 5% itself is OP, but it’s not a bug, then it won’t be fixed mid-cycle.

15 Likes

No. It was a bug, and it should have been fixed. Fixing bugs is the correct decision, always. Discussion over.

19 Likes

The entire game is one gigantic bug. Every single aspect has bugs in it. They literally at any minute could look left and find a bug and right and find another. The fact that they said they will only change overperforming builds because of a bug means nothing when the entire game is a bug.

LOL ppl defending “oh its a OP build because of a bug”. Everything is a bug.

I enjoy the game and don’t mind the bugs. Let us play.

Punishing people for spending 10s of 100s of hours on one build is going to leave a rotten taste in a lot of the player base. Just wait till it’s your turn and your build after you’ve spend 300 hours farming gear or spending millions of gold on it.

Fixing a bug is not a punishment just because it makes you mad that you can’t abuse it anymore.

Don’t abuse bugged abilities and you’ll never have to worry about the power being taken away from you after investing in it. Simple.

7 Likes

It’s funny you use the word and directly proclaim that people were “abusing a bug”. Nobody knew that there was any difference between area or radius. Most games don’t have seperate stats for area or radius. You act like the average player was deviously exploiting bugs. No these are people with jobs that picked a build that got nerfed. Do it between seasons, fix your bugs. Don’t piss off your player base.

If the dmg comes out of a bug then it should be an instant fix. Enough said.

3 Likes

A lot of this could have been avoided if they did a ptr and let us content creators test it in a sandbox enviorment by allowing us to spawn items at will. We could catch 100Mx bugs this way by simple spliting up the work and each of us testing 1 mastery in detail over a 7 day test cycle at Eleventh hour HQ.

@Devs going forward please for your own sanity and the playerbase, call US and let us do our jobs. Sponsorship would be nice, but is not needed

People who get pissed off about bugs getting fixed don’t have opinions that matter. Sorry.

8 Likes

blind.

1 Like

Vast majority of people thought drinking mercury was good, one man proved this wrong, by torturing thousands in WW2. The point of this history lesson, most people are to be ignored and discarded at the earliest moment. What people need is not the mass opinion, but competent ones. Why the poll was meaningless.

Devs need to stop listening to people, and make changes needed to make a good game. The opinion of locusts is irrelevent

2 Likes

Mkay, I’ll hallucinate along with you for a moment…

I’m pretty sure the “vast majority” of people had no opinion about drinking mercury, nor were they asked. If the “vast majority” of people did think drinking mercury was a good idea, they didn’t put their beliefs into practice.

I’m not sure what should happen to all those people who you believe should be “discarded”. Were you thinking of landfills or sending them to the bottom of the sea or what? Would the be worse or better than just torturing them?

2 Likes

Simultaneously calling people locusts and saying devs don’t need to listen to them, but also says devs should listen to you under grounds that you’re a “content creator” for your following of locusts.

Also your example from history is total bs. Please prove me wrong. But even if you weren’t full of crap, quoting an example of majority being wrong from history doesn’t prove majority is always wrong. A great example from ACTUAL history is how the vast majority of people thought the Axis forces in WW2 were wrong and should be stopped. Guess what? They were right.

All you said was a bunch of garbage nonsense using stupid fake examples and ultimately just proving no one should listen to you.

4 Likes

Dude they fixed bugs and there is nothing wrong whit fixing something that doesnt work as intended

The easiest example is just google, people believed that mercury was medicine, and it was celebrated as a cure from almost everything, they drank it thinking it could cure almost anything. The removal of mercury from consumer products occured during 1940s-1960s and 1970s was when a cure was invented to combat poisoning from consumer products

Only in 2013 did 128 countries sign a convention to remove mercury. Almost 40+ years after science told people. Aka vast majority of people should be ignored

Now when i say ignore the locusts i refer to myself as well, i am a nobody, but if we exist in a situation where they will still listen to us, then they should listen to me like everyone else.

I care not for the politics of world wars as it is irrelevent to my analogy.

Discarded as in ignored, not thrown away. a discarded opinion. Hope that clarifies

Nowhere in that article you link does it say anything about “drinking mercury”.

Mercury was used in soft drinks. An easy example. I figured it was enough but here you go. Please enjoy this read, i found it fun

https://mercurypolicy.scripts.mit.edu/blog/?p=367

To clarify as it is somewhat confusing. Caustic soda is a chemical used to make fizzy in drinks and is made with mercury. Often in way higher numbers. Some cases mercury was used to clean water pipes. Lead pipes and mercury do not mix well

Oh yeah I mean, that’s fine and all, I’m glad you did some research now and changed your original story entirely.

Another thing you gotta understand about all this is that this entire topic is regarding an OPINION on when players want bugs to be fixed vs your example is talking about belief & facts. You’re basically making a correlation that the majority of players, by voting on when they would prefer for these bugs to be fixed mid-cycle, is the same as believing drinking mercury is good.

Like, you make no sense dude. You’re only pushing a point that ultimately disqualifies you both in the argument itself, and because of how arrogant and illogical it is at all. Like even if you were right, you’d only be proving you were wrong, but you’re also wrong just because of how stupid your stance is, especially acting like you know better than the devs while simultaneously begging them to trust your opinion.

I’m glad I looked at some of your other posts here, that was amusing. You are like… your own worst enemy.

3 Likes