So you're advertising your game as finished 21st February but 3 chapters of story missing on release

This is incredibly dishonest and the fact that you don’t outright disclose this information on the Steam page for people to see but rather hidden away in the forums is in my opinion bordering on fraudulent.

People will be buying the game with the notion that the story will be finished and there’s no mention of it on the store page anywhere it will lead to a lot of very angry people, I myself feel like I’ve been lied to and I find it very hard to trust the devs going forward, open honesty is best policy not these sneaky underhanded tactics to make a quick buck. I will be requesting a refund from Steam upon release if you are not going to honour the state of a finished game as it should be at least meeting the criteria of a finished product…

Very disgusting business practice, I should have known the moment I had seen that the game was partnered with Tencent that you would pull such moves… Deplorable.

7 Likes

In case anyone was looking for something valuable in this thread, here’s a neat recipe for some blueberry muffins

117 Likes

Go away troll, I see you’re more than glad to support such bad business practices but some people still have their morals in the right place.

3 Likes

Did you try the muffins?

41 Likes

I’m not even going to entertain such petty attempts at trolling, last reply, go elsewhere troll people are trying to have a serious discussion.

1 Like

You seem to be upset. Here’s a recipe for some lovely chamomile tea that should set you straight

This ones a particular favorite, as you can do it hot or iced!

57 Likes

Why is there no block feature for users on this forum? Is the forum unfinished too? Absolute shambles.

2 Likes

Wonderful muffins! :yum:

20 Likes

So you haven’t tried the muffins? They might help you relax.

13 Likes

They never advertising the game as “finished”. In fact the type of game that LE tries to be will be never finished.

Also Tencent has nothing to do with this (and any other design decisions). The way the story is implemented right now is always how it was planned. They never tried to implement all 12 chapters into 1.0

12 Likes

Well…

While I am personally a bit miffed about campaign not being complete on 1.0, I’m not going to throw a tantrum about it. Then again, I bought the already a long time ago when none of it was expected to be completed.

It doesn’t really matter much in terms of gameplay quality, but game quality yes. It feels incomplete, but its not a deal breaker.

However, the longer it takes for them to add it in the less trust I have on EHG, but so far they have been pretty good with the community and fixing problems, adding good features and all that. So my starting trust is VERY high.

I like stories. As I already said, it does not matter in terms of gameplay, but I want my story since there is supposed to be one in it. I don’t care how deep it is or how well its told, but there is supposed to be a story and I want it.

As for other arpg’s.
Poe had rather scuffed story that was clearly incomplete for a very long time. I still don’t like it how some of the classes dont have their voicelines. Those are likely never coming.

Grim Dawn had odd story. I never felt it was complete until its second expansion. The enemy we killed in its initial release was not the enemy we saw in the intro.

Diablo games have always been complete. Quality of the story is questionable, but its fine i guess.

These are the arpg’s I can right now remember that had any relevant story.

So yeah, I think, while other arpg’s had at least scuffed story, I feel its pretty bad that LE chose to release incomplete rather than scuffed.

Edit: and tencent doesnt matter. They are everywhere. Likely almost any product you have has tencent involved somewhere.

2 Likes

Discol is right! you’re a freaking troll, Jared.

Vanilla extract in muffins is overrated and boring. What a troll recipe.
Try a teaspoon of matcha (powdered green tea) instead.

Or I’ll block you. On the forum. Which is in shambles.

23 Likes

So are we just going to act like leaving early access has no implications on how the product is going to be perceived by the vast majority as finished and by finished we expect the core content to be finished including the story?

This isn’t the kind of information you hide from people 2 days before release, it should be clear and evident that there is missing content in 1.0 that should be there and furthermore why are no streamers talking about it? Surely they’ve played the campaign so why is this information not being shared online is that not worrying to you? If they are hiding this kind of information from the vast majority of consumers, what else are they not telling?

2 Likes

This info wasn’t hidden, its standard for a live service model. They have been saying for a VERY long while now they would be continuing the story well into the release even citing they were planning 12 or so chapters in total, it’s not their fault you didn’t keep up with publicly shared info.

8 Likes

Again, the type of game that LE tries to be will never be finished. Where do you draw the line when you should advertise the product is “finished”?.

You could make an arguement that Path of Exile is not “finished”.

These type of games are not some complete experience, they are an ongoign experience.

EHG also does not really try to hide that there is something not completed.

If you are of the opinion that this should be clearly stated on the steam store page andwhere ever else you would like, that is valid feedback.

But don’t throw around with accusations and say that EHG is deceptive

8 Likes

Publicly shared info… of which is not at all present on the Steam store page as far as I’m aware at least as of recent, I’ve checked the games news section, early access section etc. and no mention of there being only 9 out of the 12 acts present on release. This information is instead, lodged away hidden in the forums where only a minority of people will ever see it. Let’s not be intellectually dishonest, shall we?

3 Likes

I’m not one to sit here and argue semantics but I will say that the games story should be one of the prerequisites required for a game to be finished if that game is to have a story. If we are to accept that games that now leave early access shouldn’t have the expectation for the story content to be complete then in your OWN words “where do you draw the line?”

2 Likes

I draw the line depending on what type of game we are talking about.

For a live service game, that has a focus on character progression and several endgame activities, the story is secondary for the majority of playerbase.

If the story is this important to you, that is fair, maybe wait a little bit more until it is finished.

If we would talk about a single player role playing game and after defeating a boss there is a cliffhanger and somethign saying “to be continued” (Next update will bring more story content). That would be unacceptable if that game claims to be “released”.

5 Likes

It’s common sense and knowledge live service games are ever-expanding, once again it’s not their fault you refuse to look into it for yourself. They’ve had developer live streams for the past 2 years answering all sorts of questions, if you didn’t care to ask them live for the past 2 years why are you so upset now? Seems like a you problem…once again. If you want a complete story experience live service arpgs may not be your genre.

1 Like

Are you really trying to shift the blame onto consumers for a problem that the developers intentionally created by omitting information? Who’s side are you on, corporate or consumer? Because it seems to be to be the former.

2 Likes