So I went back to PoE for a week

Yes it does

Cut all league mechanics to standard and reduce monster density by 50% and the game would never crash

It rarely crashes for me anyway and I do around 1500 maps a league or so

That IS the point

Anyway I dont give a fuck. play PoE/dont play I couldnt care less

Thats pretty much what happened in Expedition when GGG nerfed everything except Saboteur, lost 60% of the playerbase it was fine still. Honestly barely noticed the nerfs except flasks

1 Like

Your server is shit, I get actual packetloss on Frankfurt, you have about 8 servers to play on, stop crying. I have TWO. Singapore or Australia and if one is bad usually both are

No, its because hardly anyone plays the game in that region in comparison to EU/US, the Ping you get actually has nothing to do with GGG and they have said it multiple times. even you know this by:

yes so go and blame a NZ gaming company for your issues

Watch your game fail. I have a game title that I have producer credits for, do you? I have seen more toxic emails directed at the title I help lead from the studio to the published game stage, that is the easy part. Player agency and retention are the hardest to maintain over time. Our team made changes within reason that the technology of the time would allow.

I have said before I still play PoE in fact I am putting together my league starter and theory crafting a couple of alternatives. There are times that a company needs to listen and address honest feedback. The issue is that too many in the community expect the change to happen right away. I know from experience that it takes a lot of time to confront the issues that are causing as Shrukn said

After that 60% left the servers were actually fine, the riff-raff disappeared and those who want to play the game for the “challenge” (used subjectfully as a challenge to one is not for another) had a much better experience.

1 Like

Before I post, I just want to say I couldn’t care less about POE, I quit playing that game for LE.

But as for LE or any other game, you never make a game for your playerbase. You make a game for you (the company), for your vision of the game you want to make. Then, you Market that game to attract those players who like games like yours, and you ignore players who want it to be a different game. Never, EVER, change your game, your vision, based on player feedback.

That said, I think EHG is doing well in this regard right now, so I’m not worried about it.

3 Likes

I agree with this.

“i wan this game to change MY way and and MUST change Immediately and only MY opinion matters because i sank 36000 hours in ARPG and i know better than anyone”

No point to keep up with these players

I say just let the game develop naturely.

2 Likes

Agreed…

Its why I have commented on various posts on the forum with phrases like “how the devs want the game to work”, “how the game is designed to be played”, “stop trying to make it work like you want it to work and play it like its intended”, “Its their decision” etc…

I think a lot of people/players suffer from what I consider one of the banes of the modern era - entitlement - with a sprinkling of selfishness and superiority complex on the side…

Everyone has forgotten the simple concept that you eat the food that you like, you buy the clothes that you think look good and you play the games that entertain you in the way you want… Forcing / demanding the Italian deli to make you an Indian curry bolognaise is just stupid yet somehow people still want to do that… Same with games… you play what is presented to you, using the rules of the game… Some people like chess… others dont… but everyone agrees it would be damn stupid for those that dont like it to insist on making new rules and pieces so that they will like playing it and still call it chess… if you dont like it and have no vested interest in its success, you move on… very simple…

1 Like

I suspect this is the case. Which worries me for LE.

1 Like

I feel the problem with PoE in specific the the lack of alternatives inside the genre. GD would be on par to me, but doesn’t have a deep endgame, and a league model. This game is in EA, I hope it will be there eventually as an alternative.

I am 100% agree and also stated it several times: in short, I respect the devs vision of the game, I hope they maintain their vision over trying to please their players, even I don’t agree on some important points.

These last few posts also show homerism to the extreme. I never said anything about changing the vision of the game or making the game for the player base. Failing to change game-altering mechanics that are not working properly within the vision or design philosophy is a recipe for disaster. This series of prior comments expose the opposite side of the coin.

Assuming you arent referring to my comments as those of a fanboy. I try to remain neutral as much as is possible on this forum…

There is an important difference between devs receiving constructive feedback during the developement process and them deciding how or even IF they should make changes based on this feedback, vs players making demands and insisting devs change swaths of things… I am pretty sure that the latter approach is the main issue here and the simple fact that somehow a lot of people simply were never taught manners/courtesy/given a good smack growning up…

As I said before… No matter what any of us say or do, its up to EHG to decide what they want to do and how they want to develop their game and how much public feedback will influence them. If they make the wrong choices and the game crashes and burns thats on them and just means we will have to move on to something else sooner than expected…

Hope not, but thats life…

3 Likes

The reply was to Llama about his last post. This type of assumption is exactly what causes the community to lose its respect for each other. I agree with what you are saying. I am also one who likes to be moderate.

Some use how much time they spent on the game as a cudgel to bludgeon the devs to bend to their will, I use it because I have experience in the ups and downs of the game along with a measure of loyalty. The key word is intent, and reading just text makes it difficult to discern that at times.

I think it’s more me being argumentative or playing devil’s advocate than being excessively defensive about GGG (I’ve not been able to muster the enthusiasm to get much further than act 3 in several years sadly).

That is a matter of perspective (not that I’m saying that you’re using your experience as a cudgel).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.