Slay The All-New Spires Coming in Patch 0.8.2!

Patch 0.8.2 focuses on endgame content. In addition to introducing new challenges & rewards for players to experience, it also brings many improvements to existing content.

Spires are among the oldest content in the Monolith and our next content patch completely overhauls them. Spires not only see a visual update thanks to all new art assets but will also have their own unique attacks, giving Travelers more distinct and varied challenges.

We’ll have more news to share regarding this update shortly. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy these examples of new Spires being added to the game in our next patch!

Soul Spire

This Spire rains enraged souls down upon its enemies.

Wengari Spire

A Spire which creates whirlwinds that grow over time.

Siege Spire

This ‘explosive’ Spire has a slow but deadly attack.

Venom Spire

This Spire is usually encountered in poisonous areas. Beware!

Flame Spire

Bolts fired by this Spire explode on impact.

22 Likes

Oh dem references!

1 Like

Woah, that’s awesome! :slight_smile:

Nice.

If you play your cards right, I might let you in on which game I’m referencing. :wink:

4 Likes

looking good :smiley:

:warning: Sarno’s on :fire: today, with all those juicy word acrobatics.

Again! Looks clean!

I like most of them, but the wengari one is throwing me off. The antlers are very pixelated, might just be the video. And the skull at the top: is that 1 or 2 skulls?

Yeah, I have that problem if I eat too many chips…

5 Likes

The Venom Spire looks a little like a bong, but these new designs rule.

2 Likes

Always excited about visual update!

Noice

When is multiplayer coming for last epoch?

This year. I’d say probably around November, but it’s pure personal speculation.

Hmm not really overwhelmed by those spires, also didnt like them in maps where you had to run to stationary spires and destroy them but I ll wait and See how what they do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed not sure how you can make the spires mechanic interesting for me. It’s the equivalent of a kill catapults quest in other games. So hopefully they added some fun and interesting stuff that they do other than 360 no scope from across the map.

1 Like

They look cool. So the antler version is going to 360 noscope stags across the map. Hype!

Just kidding we’ll see

If Elk Dad (Heorot) is anything to go by, that won’t be difficult since they’ll not have any concept of “step out of the telegraphed big hit before you get turned into chunky venison salsa”.

1 Like

Looking forward to the changes, the new spires look pretty cool. The Flame Spire looks like a rocket taking off.