Since the new patch, game causing computer to freeze consistently after about 10-15 minutes

I start the game, play for 10 minutes then my monitor flashes No Input, sometimes the audio freezes and repeats the same audio sound, sometimes audio still continues. At first I thought I might have failing hardware, so I remove my cpu heatsink and the heatsink on my GPU and reapplied thermal paste to both. Issue persists.

Windows 10, reinstalled fresh Nvidia drivers.
Xeon 5675, 1070ti, 24gb ram.
Started with graphics maxed out, tried lowest graphics same issue.
I have tried so far to DDU and reinstall drivers, disable video card OC, and lowered CPU OC. Problem persists and is limited to Last Epoch.
I ran Heaven Benchmark for an hour just to make sure my hardware wasn’t dying.
Let me know where I could find any logs or anything that could help.

Just played 2 hours of BF4, no crashing. I sat in ??? for about 30 minutes and didnt crash, the second I went into an empowered Mono I started getting that whole pc lock up.

Right after posting that it crashed while still playing BF4. Please close the topic.

A few comments that might help you:

1. LE has performance & stability issues so it can and does push hardware - especially if you dont limit/restrict it with lower resolutions, framerate limits & lowering the in-game graphic settings. Its recommended that you set everything to 1080p, 60fps, very low or disabled graphic settings and test from there by increasing resolution only, then fps only and finally in-game graphics settings - (less than Medium is the most stable).

2. People running OC on CPU & GPU have major instability issues with LE… The game can become virtually unplayable for them if they dont dial back the OCs… Even people with factory overclocked GPUs have found more stability by dialing it back a little.

3. $1400 Xeon CPU for games… hmm… well… I’ll leave that there… but some server administrator is turning in his.her grave somewhere… :wink:

4. I would recommend checking your system logs for anything that would indicate a stability problem.

5. Battlefield 4 is a pretty old game and unlikely to stress your system… Heaven is ok as a synthetic benchmark but might not highlight any issues.

6. Run something like MSI Afterburner / HWmonitor to monitor what is happening re temps & power etc… no need to reapply thermal pastes before checking this first.

7. The devs will get to dealing with the performance issues but you need to make 100% sure your system is ok…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.