Seraph Blade scales with fire damage?

Hi guys, do any of you know if Healing Hands → Seraph Blade scales with fire damage? In the tooltip of Seraph Blade it says that it does fire damage on hit, but in the tags under Healing Hand only melee is shown?

I also want to know this. I have been trying to figure it out all morning and I have no idea. It is driving me crazy.

It scales with fire damage and melee damage flat or increased. It can also scale with attunement and healing effectiveness if you use the node that converts healing power to spell damage as spell damage is turned to melee damage thanks to seraph.

So this might be a stupid question, but does it scale with specifically “melee fire damage”? The lack of the “fire” tag on the skill makes me wonder what interactions do and don’t work.

You took the searing lght node that makes Healing hands dmg a pell dmg scaled ability. With Eraph Blade it scales with melee dmg instead of spell damage like it says in the tooltip. Not melee fire damag, not melee cold damage just melee damage.

Edit I was wrong here it scales with fire damage and EHG is simply not adding a fire tag to it. It’s the same with DoTs. Ignite is a fire DoT so it scales with fire dmg and they simply don’t add the fire tag to it for whatever reason. It’s just inconsistency with tooltip tags. Self explenatory to some a loss from my point of view.

So just to be totally clear on what does and doesn’t scale with this skill.
Fire: Yes
Melee: Yes
Fire Melee: No
Spell Damage (Inside of the skill tree): Yes
Spell Damage (Outside of the skill tree): No
Physical damage: No
Healing effectiveness: Yes
Strength: No
Attunement: Yes

I’m pretty sure it scales with all flat damage too since it becomes a full blown melee attack on con version, but I’ll roll some white weapons real quick to do a check.

Something I discovered playing it, Seraph Blade also triggers from Cleric’s Hammer node (Healing Hands on hit). If you have Seraph Blade speced on tree and have % chance to use Healing Hands on hit, it will use Seraph blade, which counts as an attack instead of a spell. So things that proc on hit, you essentially get double procs of (for example, on Paladin tree you can get 120% chance to ignite for attacks, so you get that bonus from Healing Hands also in that case). Very powerful if you are doing something that wants you to attack very fast or often.

I was actually trying this with warpath proccing healing hands, and I ended up finding it was WAY stronger to just stand there and cast healing hands normally.

Most of the reason I’m here trying to figure this out is that I was originally making a warpath that triggers 4 other spells build and I ended up finding that just using healing hands w/ seraph by itself was way stronger. Now I want to actually build for it but exactly how to go about that has been pretty dang ambiguous lol.

So, Warpath will only proc Healing Hands once per “cast” of Warpath. That’s why you probably think it’s weaker, becuase it doesn’t cast every hit of Wrapath. The wording of the text suggests that also, it’s per cast and hit not just hit.

Ok bought 2 exact chitin daggers. They have no outside damage implicits outside of crit chance and I use a singularity idol so I can’t crit. I tested a white chitin dagger vs a chitan dagger with T5 flat physical damage. The white dagger did a damage range of 970-1400 vs the T5 dagger that did a range of 1100-1530. So a noticeable increase. I then put 10 point into the “Fresh from the Forge” passive which gives your next melee attack +40 fire and physical flat damage. Again a large increase. This time the flat damage procs gave the white dagger a range of 1700-2000. At this point I stopped as I feel that’s enough data over 50 strikes or so to prove flat damage of all types scales the attack.

1 Like

That’s good to know about the flat damage. Now we just need to know about the other scaling. Does fire melee (not fire, or melee, but specifically fire melee) work or not?

I have been given 2 yes’s and 2 no’s.

The Yes’s argue that it is a melee skill that deals fire damage, so therefore it scales.

The No’s argue that the tooltip does not explicitly state that it scales with melee fire damage and it does not have the fire tag, so therefore it does not scale.

I don’t understand what you mean by fire melee. There is %increased damage (generic increases to all hit and non hit damage), flat melee damage( adaptive which depends on how much flat damage of a certain type you have), melee damage % increased ( effects all melee atacks regardless of damage type) , flat fire melee damage ( flat base damage type fire) and %increased fire damage( scales all fire damage). All of these affixes scale the damage.

The tag basically never matters unless an affix is specifically stating it only effects a fire skill. IE… +1 to fire skills require a skill to be tagger as fire to get the bonus.

I guess the question really is do skills like Righteous Firebrand or the affix Melee Fire Damage actually help this ability to do more damage or not.

I think maybe I’ve gotten caught up in the semantics of the word “scale”. A lot of people are saying melee fire damage does not scale this ability, but maybe what they mean by that is that it isn’t a % increase, not that it isn’t helpful at all.

Yes those are flat melee damage bonuses. It could be any type and it would increase the skills damage. Fire of course being the best as you would be usually scale a fire scale with other fire bonuses.

The tooltip specifically states that it scales with “melee damage” and thus since added flat fire melee damage is an increase to melee damage it will also increase the HH damage. The only thing that will not is % increased fire damage/physical damage(tho if you’re proc’ing HH off of another attack then it will still up your damage, just only for base attack and not HH). If it says melee, you’re good to go.

Few days ago I have seen some build vid and guy was sure that it scales with %fire. He said that he and other content creators made tests and it works it their opinion.

So I edited my post above. In short sources that deal fire dmg scale with increases to fire damage like %increased fire dmg.

I am confused, so what is the correct base dmg tag of the HH/Seraph if i dont have any items equipped.

Fire, melee, area, channel ?

if any melee flat dmg scales, why not then also increased cold/light/phys?

if i stack 100 melee lightning dmg + 100% increasea lightning dmg HH should do same dmg like 100 melee fire + 100 % increases fire dmg?

A related question: If I have Seraph Blade Healing Hands, will the 2-handed sword Volcanus’ +spell fire damage effect Healing Hands’ damage? I suspect not.

If I wanted to build around Volcanus + Healing Hands, would I be better off not taking Seraph Blade to keep the spell damage scaling, and use Rive + Clerics Hammer to proc the “spell” version of Healing Hands?