September 2022 Development Update

Thanks for the clarification, i’ll look for it

I remember when Multiplayer was supposed to be released years ago :smiley:

Updates sound great. Can’t wait to test their impact on the game overall.

1 Like

Good stuff to hear and glad to see the game is being worked on. :smiley:

I am very exciting about melee change and new possibilities :heart_eyes:

These are great news :smiley:

With the technical foundation of MP in place, I look forward to see how the MP meta would take shape as well as how the devs intend to tackle the issue of item trading.

I love every word of this post, GO EHG! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Excited for all the new stuff incoming! New skill VFX looks great!

One of my complaints for a long time. Thank you!

All looking great and really, really enjoying the build up to 0.9. Well done, communication is excellent as always, and you’ve all always demonstrated the willingness to clarify if questions arise.

Such as, I’m not a numbers guy but more a ‘feel’ guy so forgive me if it’s not making sense in my head but concerning ailments. Poison has for a long time been the grand pooh bah of ailments. Do you anticipate these changes will begin to balance that out so other ailments start feeling less like the ‘second’ choice?

Pot meet kettle.

2 Likes

Great news. Keep the good work.
I believe we will get more news soon. I hope ;p

1 Like

Glad to see things are coming along well. The change to damage for melee and throwing etc. sounds really good. Also looking forward to the optimization improvements!

also, as a software developer myself… multiplayer is its own whole “thing”. it 100% makes sense that multiplayer would be the longest patch with the least other content–multiplayer stuff is as hard most of the other stuff put together! there’s just so much you have to consider and a lot of challenges to figure out.

3 Likes

super excited for the new VFX and the skill reworks. love the team and community :heart:

1 Like

The performance update looks impressive, almost looking forward to that more than multiplayer itself.

Did have a question about something rather trivial. With the new adaptive damage simply being called “throwing damage” for example, I assume “adaptive spell damage” will be changed to “spell damage”?

I know it’s just a name, I’m just a sucker for consistency…

Going out on a limb here to say it will not, due to element spell damage in % form. The adaptive is to cover all types including necro, not just elements, so there has to be some sort of named difference, I think it is good.

Do CT will keep their char they used to test the alpha MP for 0.9 ? And then for the release ?

Nothing from CT client will go to live or ever did in the past.

1 Like

Death Seal’s new SFX is very good

This is correct! We didn’t mention it here, but for consistency we are dropping ‘Adaptive’ for spell damage. So for any ‘adaptive’ flat damage it will be ‘Melee Damage’, ‘Bow Damage’, ‘Throwing Damage’, and ‘Spell Damage’. Very keen on that one there.

No. The Community Testing Program members often have access to features which are not yet complete, or may be provided items or progress in order to test certain features. The CT Program is also not an ‘early’ early access program, and so characters do not transfer between the testing environment and live.

1 Like

I assume this still leaves Armour Shred stackable due to its inherent Diminishing Returns?