Sentinel Warpath "Earthscorcher" not working on weapon/shield bleed chance suffix/implicit?

When a 1h/2h/shield with a bleed chance implicit or chance to bleed suffix is equipped and the Warpath Earthscorcher node is selected bleed is still applied when channelling Warpath. The rate of application is low enough that I only observe 1-4 bleeds applied. The application rate is increased when the Winds of Justice node is selected and Smite is on the skill hot bar.

My expectation is that the bleeds applied by the implicit and prefix bleeds should be getting rolled into ignite, or not applied at all.

I can sort of understand why bleed might be applied while Smite/Winds of Justice are on the hotbar/selected; though I feel the wording of Earthscorcher indicates all bleed procs should be converted to ignite, regardless of the skill that triggers the proc.

no weapon or shield with bleed implicit/suffix (the shield equipped has no bleed related stats)

1h axe with implicit bleed chance

2h sword with bleed suffix

shield with bleed suffix

The effects of a skill tree only apply to that particular skill and any subskills it triggers. Subskills are those triggered skills that do not have a skill tree of their own, such as Warpath’s Warslash from Giant Splitter. Warpath’s Earthscorcher will not apply to skills that have a tree of their own such as Smite.

When you use Warpath with Earthscorcher and do not trigger any skills from it such as Smite, Abyssal Echoes, or Forged Weapons, do you still see any bleeds being applied?

When you use Warpath with Earthscorcher and do not trigger any skills from it such as Smite, Abyssal Echoes, or Forged Weapons, do you still see any bleeds being applied?

When I remove points from the Winds of Justice node and from the Divine Bolt passive I continue to see bleeds applied when I equip weapons/shields that have increased bleed prefixes or implicit bleed chance.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.