Screen resolution issues/changing

Not sure if bug or not but I feel like i need help xD.
Player.log (1.0 MB)
Player-prev.log (168.2 KB)
sys info.txt (839.2 KB)

Basically my screen resolution randomly changes, If i load my game up sometimes its saved from my last play session sometime it changes on load. If i move into a new area it changes, If i change into an area ive been to it sometimes changes but not always. One other odd change…I was at my game menu looking in the options to change a bind and it randomly changed when i left the options menu.

My resolution is kind of a strange one 1280x1024, After the screen changes ill basically have to go into my options every time and click full screen window > change it to exlusive fullscreen, play it for a little while until it changes then switch back to full screen window or what ever mode as long as i change.

Another issue ive encountered is, If I run the game at my native 1280x1024 and push S to show the skills menu some of it is offscreen, is this related or is there a planned UI overlay scale option i can use in future because currently I have to run the game in 1280x720 or i simply can not see all my skills on the S menu. In turn this causes another issue the text becoming increasingly hard to read.

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

DxDiag report would have been easier to see your specs & check, but the first thing I would do is make sure I was running a fully patched OS… Unfortunately you are using Windows 7 so I do not know (cannot remember) what kinds of DirectX / graphic related updates may be playing a part in the trouble you are experiencing. You may have to manually check and update components (especially things like DirectX) if you even can.

Next I would update my graphics drivers - again, I am not sure what the latest Win7 ones may be for your GTX 750 but its important to check. The info you provided seems to say Feb 2020 so there is probably something newer., You may even have to do a full uninstall & reinstall of the graphics drivers to make sure that the drivers are correct.

Honestly - the combination of older GPU & drivers & windows 7 could very well be the reason that things are behaving erratically and there may not be anything that could be done…

I would also try and disable the HD4600 graphics in your BIOS - CPU integrated graphics do sometimes cause odd things…

If you are using Steam - verify the game files to make sure that LE doesnt have any corrupted files…

LE has had problems with running non-normal/standard resolutions and UI scaling has been an issue in certain instances - even on modern ultrawides etc but its worse on lower resolutions and buttons/windows dont fit properly… It could very well be that the game is trying to scale the UI and borking itself each time… A way to “test” this would be to set your resolution to a more standard lower resolution like 720p and see if the scaling works better or if the game behaves itself better… EHG has not officially said what the minimum resolution should be, but I dont see how anyone could enjoy playing the game at less than 1080p imho. obviously it works but …

I would also make sure that you dont have anything else running that is forcing graphics modes etc… Disable things like overlays (steam, nvidia etc) and dont run any other apps in background while playing.

It may not be related, but considering your system configuration I would suggest that you also make sure that your ingame settings are on the lowest options - i.e. a more standard resolution like 720p, framerate limiting enabled (not vsync) to something - probably 30-40fps with your setup and all the graphics settings to very low or low or disabled… If the game is struggling, these settings may help keep it stable and inadvertently resolve the other problems… worst case, the settings will make the game play a little smoother…

thanks for the lengthy reply ill take notes ^^

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.