Sands of Majasa - Beta 0.8.3 Patch Notes

Lots of nice and interesting changes coming this patch (plus a few that sound weird but I’m willing to try before I cry :sweat_smile:), but I wanted to take a moment to appreciate the communication here. Full support for recognizing that you couldn’t fit the rework/overhaul into the scope of this patch and mentioning that publicly instead of trying to brush it off as “these are round 1 of changes, more may come if needed” or the like :slightly_smiling_face:

Trouble is that you are asking people to open the sheet, hover an information and read.
I spend much time in the ingame chat daily and I sadly see that it’s utopic. Most players open the character sheet, don’t see the info in a tab and close then ask.
There’s always someone to respond (some names are now very well known), they often mention hoverig and reading, along with the Guide, but most players still don’t really search.
Same things as people who don’t know what the story is about, even after completing it several times. :wink:
Each one their way to enjoy the game, as long as we all have fun all is good!

Ho, 80 hours playing and I did not know hovering character stats shows more info. had always thought that Guide is the one place fits all Good to know.

1 Like

If I remember well, nothing in the game leads us to hover a skill. You may have the intuition or the habit, or you may totally skip it!

Ah yes, the age-old assumption that everyone have the same intuition and habit.

I did not say “you have”, I was saying some people have and some don’t. The exact opposite of an assumption.
English is not my language, so I will try to say it in other words: I was saying that I agree with you that nothing in the game tells us to do so. Don’t see anything else in what I said.

I disagree this will just bloat the uniques with a lot os unusable trash that drops like crazy like in POE.

Lol… I am with @Vekongnitoo on this one… I love farming for uniques and trying to create builds that use them… Its a key part of the longevity of arpgs for me… I dont tend to push top tier end game devices like arena or corruption for very long but I ALWAYS try and farm every unique I can…

Quality of uniques is entirely different discussion… and it will be up to the devs to ensure that there is a nice spread of leveling uniques, good mid tier stop gaps and hopefully more than a few decent end game build enabling items.

and yes… some crazy weird ones that no-one in their right mind would use… just for fun too… :wink:

1 Like

So, leech isn’t “gone” its just much more scarce among class passives or class specific rolls

Ah okay, you might want to say things more directly next time. Thought you are being sarcastic there.

Lets agree to disagree couse i do not believe thats the problem with POE, unique drops feel good enough for me there

OK, noted.

1 Like

I couldnt agree more with evwrything that u said

1 Like

Im gonna claim the credit for that. :grinning:

Just ONE word guys and gals developing this game: CONGRATULATIONS! This patch affects the whole game only possitively. I can’t focus on just 1 or 2 points. You are moving the game forward to becoming the next big thing in the ARPG genre.

I’m an Ex-PoE fanatic: Last Epoch is my NUMBER ONE gaming activity since recently and every day I love it more! You’ve definitely earned a loyal supporter!

P.S. The only thing I would like to see in a future patch, is the ability to access one’s characters logging with his account but from a different PC/laptop.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community.
All character data is saved locally, so you could move it over to different PC/laptop. Maybe steam cloud sync could do this automatically? I only have 1 pc so cant test.
I dont know for sure, but my guess is the feature you want will be implemented on multiplayer characters when that arives.

Hey, Welcome to the community…

Yip… As @tenacius mentioned… everything is local for now… and yes, Steam cloud saves will allow you to play from another PC (personally I dont find Steam cloud saves that reliable but it does work)…

When multiplayer launches then we will all keep our offline local characters BUT we will gain server saves that will work online from anywhere… They will not be interchangeable i.e. offline will stay offline & single player… online will be multiplayer & server based only.

1 Like

A few corrections to the controller support section:

This is the Y button.

This is the X button. Also, if only the inventory is open than the X button drops the item on the ground.

This is the X button.

1 Like

Unable to start the game. I click on the start game button and nothing happens. He won’t start loading the game at all. Please repair. Before the 0.8.3 patch was released, everything was fine. Is it happening to anyone else?

You are not alone: