Sands of Majasa - Beta 0.8.3 Patch Notes

Just my initial takeaways and thoughts from reading through (Sentinel main):

Only one I used was Jugg. Stance, was a good option to go to for damage reduction (DR) when dual wielding. Interested to see where those effects went to or what other DR options became available for dual wield builds.

Oh baby.

This and other attack speed :point_down: changes, was this generally done to balance Multi-Strike or are there are other things, behind the scenes, going on?

:+1: always personally thought this skill should be Forge Guard exclusive, fits the theme. Good change

Why?

:star_struck: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

I’m really happy that you guys know what “chase item” means. solid patch. thanks for your hard work.

3 Likes

congratulations, no one will autocast wandering spirits now, because NO ONE WILL EVEN PUT IT ON THEIR HOTBAR. You could have made it like paladin holy aura and had spirits as a passive effect with a cool active effect, but this just makes it unusable.

3 Likes

By “more build variety” you mean “everybody that doesn’t have leech in their passive tree is going to die constantly as they will be forced to stack hp regen and thus lose out on health and resist affixes” - in other words less build variety

3 Likes

There are a few fixes that kind of wreck things, one being that wandering spirits is now almost useless. Unless the skill tree increases cooldown recovery, I don’t see it being very beneficial in builds. RoS seems odd to be moved so deep into FG also. There are so many other def stats that should be removed or combined, but you guys went with removing leech? Interesting…

I had the same feeling. I think this is might moves to increase stability and mitigate frame drops. Kind of disappointing, especially with aspect of the shark stacking that I had a lot of fun with. But if this is all for improving the back end I won’t complain.

Removing leech is similar to how PoE kept ruining defences - instead of actually making the other defences VIABLE, it kept nerfing the defences that actually worked. It doesn’t solve the problem that most builds lack a decent passive source of healing outside of leech.

:rofl: :rofl:
How was this bug was picked up, & what qualifies as a “short” enemy???

Smite now grants mana back only when directly used.
Huh. Bricks my Hammerdin nicely, hoping my T6 rings will be enough to offset.
Alas, I would rather builds work organically instead of relying on gimmicks. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

One that doesn’t get hit by Hammer Throw…

2 Likes

I cant stress enough how much it would be amazing to see this amount of uniques every patch
Edited : it keeps game fresh in terms of loot hunting

1 Like

Love the patch. Thanks for taking the time to explain what you want out of some changes so we know more of the whys. For me the biggest disappointment is the cap to minions. I really liked the idea of soft capping the number of minions base on different stats like hp regen for wraiths (I am still very happy with the patch overall). That being said I totally understand why they had to go (Multiplayer).

Can’t wait to see all the new skill trees tomarrow!

2 Likes

The minion cap aligns with future MP considerations and not our current solo play. I would have hated to see the FPS rates of 4 players doing wraiths all at the same time.

1 Like

Mobs that crawled on the ground like void worms would be missed. There was a bug report or in question in discord back in 0.8.1, or earlier, cannot seem to find where it was posted/asked.

Put on some Vit, health regen and health regen % on some gear. If you are not gaining at least 10% of your total health with health regen then you are going to die a slow agonizing death due to inability to cope with the tiny pot shots. You cannot DPS if you are dead.

What are implicit stats for Archive Wands ?

Heal on block and heal on dodge are also quite good for the tiny potshots

Especially if/when you get a high block/dodge chance. And there’s heal on glancing blow as well.

Just for clarification “Health gained on Block/Dodge/X/Y is” not heal, just so nobody get’s the wrong idea in their head, since it does not scale with healing effectiveness.

1 Like

Dev really need to add healing effectiveness mechanic to Guide with how confusing it is.

While i don’t disagree that it would be helpfull to add it to the game guide, it’s already described and explained very well ingame in your character sheet.

https://imgur.com/IJUKRCJ