Rune Prisons and Experimental Items | Coming in Runes of Power

Checking this - will update this post shortly.

Confirmed: An item can only have one Experimental Affix at a time.

3 Likes

Excited to see more advanced crafting introduced!

Normal crafting rules are still applied - You cannot craft T6 or T7, those are drop only tiers by their nature.

But since experimental affixes can also be exalted tier, those could also be sealed with the Rune of Research, correct?

So Sealed Exalted Affixes are experimetnal only?

I’m not aware of anything that restricts a Rune of Research from sealing an exalted experimental Affix (I can’t double check that today), so that would be correct - for now.

Can you seal experimental affix and after that use Gylph of Insight to transform another affix in to experimental affix on the same item so can you have 2 experimental affixes on the same item

Items can have a max of 1 Experimental Affix.

1 Like

He’s already answered this.

What happens if you Glyph of Chaos an Experimental affix? Does it reroll into a different experimental? Gets replaced by a normal affix instead? Or is it not usable at all?

They are not craftable, meaning you can’t use Glyph of Chaos on them (with the exception of those 2 new crafting materials that interact with them specifically)

Ah I understood that part of the post as in “you cannot craft these yourself on the items you want”. So once you upgrade a random affix into an experimental one with a glyph, it’s essentially “locked” at whichever tier it’s at? Meaning it’s best to save the glyph for a high tier affix and not waste it on a T1-3.

There is no “turning affixes into a random experimental affix”.

Either the item already dropped with a experimental affix, that is worth for you
Or you can use the Glyph of Insight to turn a prefix into a experimental affix. (But this process is not “random” its determinsitic, ones we as a communtiy understood how this will work)

Yeah, I understood that part, what I meant by “turning any random affix into an experimental one” was any affix whatsoever, doesn’t matter which. Just wondering if essentially once you turn an affix into an experimental one, it’s essentially no longer craftable (with Glyph of Chaos or maybe Rune of Refinement), I feel like the announcement post does not make this part clear.

previously only affixes up to tier 4 could be sealed, is it also correct for experimental affixes/

Since you use a rune to seal them and the runes don’t target affixes, probably not.

+6 health regen login

Confirmed Exalted Experimental Affixes can be sealed using a Rune of Research.

1 Like

Yes they can be sealed, because its not requried to “upgrade” an affix like with a Glyph of Despair.

Also as an additional info sealed T5 affixes did exist even before 092.
With the Soulfire Bastion Door modifiers you can get Rare items with Sealed T5 affixes.

Now as much as i was interested by the addition of the Runemaster mastery, i must say this particular announcement is so far, for me, the best part of the upcoming patch.

Yes, Mono farming gets repetitive and a boring with time and adding new random features to monoliths will definitely help with that. That’s something PoE did well (albeit with time and over multiple leagues. Echoes actually have more diversity in for the main objective compared to maps, those are always “slay the boss” whereas in echoes we have a diversity of objectives. However all the mechanisms added over time in PoE means that the “main” objective of a map is actually often just a “side mission” and as a result the combination of league features make for very different maps. It’s good that such systems are added right from the start in LE.

Can’t wait to see what else you’ll add to make the monolith more interesting. Keep-up the good work and since i’ll probably switch back to lurker mode for some undefined time good luck on the way to 1.0 :grin:

wow what a suprise feature for 0.9.2. Thanks. My question is HOW many different experimental affixes will be available at 0.9.2?