Rune Prisons and Experimental Items | Coming in Runes of Power

There is no “turning affixes into a random experimental affix”.

Either the item already dropped with a experimental affix, that is worth for you
Or you can use the Glyph of Insight to turn a prefix into a experimental affix. (But this process is not “random” its determinsitic, ones we as a communtiy understood how this will work)

Yeah, I understood that part, what I meant by “turning any random affix into an experimental one” was any affix whatsoever, doesn’t matter which. Just wondering if essentially once you turn an affix into an experimental one, it’s essentially no longer craftable (with Glyph of Chaos or maybe Rune of Refinement), I feel like the announcement post does not make this part clear.

previously only affixes up to tier 4 could be sealed, is it also correct for experimental affixes/

Since you use a rune to seal them and the runes don’t target affixes, probably not.

+6 health regen login

Confirmed Exalted Experimental Affixes can be sealed using a Rune of Research.

1 Like

Yes they can be sealed, because its not requried to “upgrade” an affix like with a Glyph of Despair.

Also as an additional info sealed T5 affixes did exist even before 092.
With the Soulfire Bastion Door modifiers you can get Rare items with Sealed T5 affixes.

Now as much as i was interested by the addition of the Runemaster mastery, i must say this particular announcement is so far, for me, the best part of the upcoming patch.

Yes, Mono farming gets repetitive and a boring with time and adding new random features to monoliths will definitely help with that. That’s something PoE did well (albeit with time and over multiple leagues. Echoes actually have more diversity in for the main objective compared to maps, those are always “slay the boss” whereas in echoes we have a diversity of objectives. However all the mechanisms added over time in PoE means that the “main” objective of a map is actually often just a “side mission” and as a result the combination of league features make for very different maps. It’s good that such systems are added right from the start in LE.

Can’t wait to see what else you’ll add to make the monolith more interesting. Keep-up the good work and since i’ll probably switch back to lurker mode for some undefined time good luck on the way to 1.0 :grin:

wow what a suprise feature for 0.9.2. Thanks. My question is HOW many different experimental affixes will be available at 0.9.2?

Will there be new Loot Filter rules for the experimental items and affixes?

By the looks of the screenshot, forging potential isnt increased for an experimental item, doesn’t this put us in a place where until our corruption is high enough we mostly get exalteds, it’s not really going to be worthwhile doing rune prisons, as the gear we can craft very early on will outclass these items?

Like this will be fun later on into endgame, but most people probably wont get there, and early on while fun, if they just have normal forging potential amounts, using them will be a nerf (gearing is just hitting checkboxes, you could miss one of those for one of these effects, but then you just nerfed yourself).

Seems fun, but i don’t see this actually changing much for most people. Getting a magic one is just going to feel like you waste your time.

1 Like

Unique??
Not Rare?

2 Likes

Experimental items are good.
I like experiments! :test_tube:

I don’t know fulll view yet, but I want some experimental note in the game that don’t depend to website or other 3rd party service.

Holy Mother of Odin! :flushed: :star_struck:

Glyph of insight works on gloves, boots, belts.
So does Experimental Items exist these item type only? :thinking:

Yes, as the other armour slots are class-specific and you generally want the class-specific prefixes on those.

1 Like

Thank you!
I am excited what kinds of affixes are there! :books:

Not sure I like this whole figure out which affixes required to get a certain affix idea. It is gonna be found out/datamined once by community and whole mechanic is gone. It turns into “try to craft certain affixes on certain bases to get desired affix” mechanic. I guess I will wait and see what exactly are the requirements for certain affixes but I hope they are not too restrictive. That would make crafting more tedious for just complexity’s sake. I don’t see the fun here.

1 Like

OH YEAH

We are finally getting in-map extra content

1 Like

the dataminers will make a site for it within a month I guarentee you

1 Like