"Rubber" Chest Armour on the Character Selection Screen

Maybe its a bug, maybe just odd animations… Doesnt break anything, so putting this in feedback…

In the character selection screen - at least with Sentinels - the chest armour on the character expands and contracts as the character breathes/moves as if its made out of rubber… Obviously a solid hunk of metal would not stretch like this…

Little too much suspension of disbelief for me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have uploaded a quick scale down 720p vid via imgur for those not in game to see this… (preview not possible here in the forum).

https://imgur.com/a/RPaV8ME

3 Likes

Without going too much into the details, the stretching is likely a consequence of how the model is animated and rigged (it’s not a bug its a feature).

If you look for it, you will find that a surprising amount of games tend to have stretchy animations, but maybe not to this extent. The issue is that non-stretchy animations are a lot harder to pull off. It’s very easy to have models clipping into each other or have wierd animation bugs in general.

1 Like

Sure… I figured as much… Its just so “big” (read ‘noticeable’) on the character selection screen that it looks seriously wonky…

I did not want to assume knowledge tht might not be obvious. My point is that it is not practical for it to not stretch. The only thing that can happen is that it can be made less noticeable with better animations.
The most practical solution would probably be to make a tailored idle animation for the character selection screen.

2 Likes

They really should fix this. It seems they’re just not spending enough time with weight painting and animation to make it look realistic. Also, why do the legs and knees bend when it’s just a basic breathing animation? Almost look like they’re doing squats or just finished a marathon :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you think you can do better than the professionals at EHG, then by all means go for it!

1 Like

To be fair, I’ve never been particularly fond of the amount of movement when a character is idle, especially “breathing” movement which apparently includes the entire body. I’ve never noticed that myself when I breath but then I’ve also never run a marathon.

I’m not the one making and selling a game, though…and this ‘Feedback and Suggestions’ forum exists for a reason.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.