Rogue in game model is kind of bad

Yup. Having watched them over the years, I’ve no doubt they are aware. Just very carefully balancing what refinements they can make vs ensuring there’s always significant other progress being made with the base game.

I have no doubt they will get there. But I have to say the wait still feels unbearable! :stuck_out_tongue:

EHG intends to mainly finance themself through cosmetic MTX, and for that the base character models+animations need a major overhaul so it dont look hideous on the character screen and ingame.

An ingame MTX preview should also be a feature as soon the MTX shop becomes fully functional. rolles eyes at PoE

1 Like

She has no hips… like straight up not even dudes have hips that square.

Not quite sure where the “feminine hips” are on that, perhaps they’re nice & snug beneath a few layers of nice protective armour?

Which would you rather wear? The armour in image #1 or the “armour” in image #2?

2 Likes

ehm, you draw lines on bad image

I dont know what your comment means.

He said he doesnt see feminine hips and the lines point them out to him.

1 Like

meanwhile other girls in the game look like this

so look better on position of body and compare with armor on other two images …

I agree that the models still look off. I’d say the primalist is the worst offender of them all still. The eyes just look off and the stiff upper torso while running doesn’t help either.

Hoping they’ll revisit them again later and put more time into them. Initially I was just glad they touched on them but I’d like a “one and done” kind of overhaul, not these little touch ups. Maybe I’m just impatient.

Im confused as to why you think the other 2 images are the “good” ones and the one i drew on is the “bad” one. its the other way around.

It looks derpy.

1 Like

Politically correct characters.

If there are difficulties, we need to customize.

Once without having read the rest (sry):

This is not a Playboy magazine! :joy:

1 Like

I must agree she kinda looks too “wide” compared to the dagger artwork, but the thing really annoying me is her face in the selection’s screen, i don’t know, it looks so strange, especially her eyes, she looks like to some failed sim on the sims 4. :flushed:

That’s because in the “non-wide” pic she’s basically wearing a t-shirt and a cropped jacket, compared to leather armour in the character selection screen. I don’t get why people seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between a thin piece of cotton/cloth and thick leather over several layers of padding and that maybe this might have a small difference on the appearance of a character?

I have to agree here, is was one of my comments on the original feedback, I understand she wears a leather pelt, and that don’t need to fit perfectly the model, but also the legs have something wrong.
The core gameplay is the main attraction, but this is a first impression that left me cold, and many people are more sensible to those impressions and these could lead to many stops/refunds. Seems silly but people have different priorities and ways to engage with games.
I really hope the very least gives us basic transmog (at least some recolors) and don’t leave the non-MTX models ugly on purpose. That attitude would be a deal-breaker for me.

2 Likes

It’s not something i dislike or anything, it’s something i notice, the difference is quite important. I understand her look in-game with the armor can be quite surprising compared to the artwork, that’s all. Her 3d model is fine, kinda both athletic and feminine, she’s a sporty/survivalist style woman and it goes well with her background, the same way the acolyte looks unealthy, both physically and mentally.

The real thing i dislike is her face and her eyes on the character selection screen, i mean… I don’t know if it has something to do with my screen or settings, but something looks REALLY off with her eyes imo, on my screen she’s both baby-faced and cross-eyed, this i don’t get it. :confused:

1 Like

I may be the only one here, but my main issue about the appearance of the rogue is her hair color. From the character creation screen, I thought her hair is white, not old people gray like the mage has, but just white. But in the art and intro pictures the color is light blonde.
I like both colors, but I think it’s better to remove this discrepancy.

Secondly, I do not see any problems with bulky armor, but I am uncomfortable that her lower torso and crotch are not covered at all. The only protection there is thin leather pants. It would be better to add some sort of thick leather tassets or faulds to the armor (tassets will add femine hips to any character btw).

As for the full plate bikini MTX, I like it, of course, but only for use on rare special occasions. I don’t want my character to fight without any protection.

To be honest, I don’t care on what physical features she ends up having or the appearance (I’m not really a fan of how pushed towards Arya Stark she is, but I was never a fan of rogues to begin with, anyway), as long as its not derpy and extremely unpolished.

Right now her body feels like an old version draft that never got updated to release models and skeleton frame.