Rising Flames Update - Beta 0.9.1 Patch Notes

When you click runes, glyphs, and whatever esle you use to craft it will auto put up everything else in a radius around it. So likes say 10 runes of removal fall on the ground scattered around, you only have to click 1 to pick up all 10.

This change makes the area of the pick up range bigger.

2 Likes

Its too bad the starting area is unplayable, I’d love to progress a new character.

I played the starting area and had 0 issues with the playability at all.

1 Like

It’s completely bugged. The quest dead-ends and the game just ends. No way forward.

That’s where I stood and though “NANI?” but it moved on after a looooooooooong time.

Reproducible bug - documented here: Massive critical hotfix bug - starting area bugged - cannot play game! - #3 by Zaodon

Gimme your bosses number. You deserve it and I’ll let them know.

1 Like

Yeah there seems to be a bug :smiley: . So far I had no issues whatsoever but intresting to see the game can spin out of control in such a bad way ^^.

seems it is only for characters created before the 0.9.1 got hotfixed

Nope, I just created a character literally right this second - bugged.

Thank you for a lesson in life. Not only you removed a created build around warpath, but you dismissed all the people who just discovered as victims of a bug.

Developers should recognize and analyze accidental discoveries and not dismiss them out of hand. I joined because it was a game with EA and Offline play in 2023, then created 4 online characters and making my own discoveries and builds. Only to log on the next day and learn that my build does not work and finding developers called me a cheat.

I wish everyone a nice patch, I think I am done for now.

But it was a bug. You’re supposed to hold down the button for any channelled skill (this is how it worked pre 0.9). Tapping & the channel continuing was most definitely a bug, even if for some people (but not all) it was a QoL one.

Nobody’s called you a cheat.

1 Like

Quality of Life features do not change the loop. The fact you have to hold it down changes the build to something else. it turned the build from movement build to channel build and removed the entire charm.

I already addressed the point of it being a bug. Person can consider themself a arbiter of what is proper, then you can call it a bug. Rest of the world recognizes that nothing is perfect and accidental discovery is still a discovery.

That’s such a substantial leap in logic I’m impressed. All I can say is, that in we’ve had massive bug fixes all across the board including ways to cause duplication of items and gold and not once have I ever seen the devs call someone a cheat when they were fixing bugs.

2 Likes

you do realize that exploiting a bug in online mode is cheating right?

No, it was/is still a movement skill as well as being a channelled skill (as it always was). You can still direct the movement of the character while channelling/moving.

This is true.

But unless there’s some odd translation thing going on, nobody’s calling you a cheat.

You do realize this is a beta and the devs recognize and constantly reiterate that bugs will be found, they understand people might still be running with it, and that they will attempt to fix it as soon as possible and not once ever have the called anyone a cheat.

Hell, have the time you can find a streamer or content creator who says numerous times, this is or might be a bug so be aware that if you play it now at some point the devs will clarify and fix it.

never once has anyone screamed CHEATER!

1 Like

There is no reasonable way for a player of a video game to know what the expected behavior of every single, tiny little piece of functionality is supposed to be for a game they play. Sure, some bugs are blatantly obvious (phasing thru walls, for example), but not all of them are.

It is unreasonable to take a position that players are automatically cheating if they play your game and hit a bug. That’s not their fault, it’s the Dev team’s fault, ultimately. It boils down to intent, and that is nearly impossible to divine.

1 Like

You should try it, previously you buffed movement speed and just zipped around with a controller leaving behind echos and bleeding mobs. That was the fun part.
If you want a more common example: Lich builds are exploiting the Endurance mechanic to remove the intended limitation of low health. Next day you log back in and endurance is now affected by the artificial celing instead of the total health.

I never accused anyone of screaming it :slight_smile: I stated that developers took a random occurrence and dismissed it as exploitation.