Restriction on the change of specialization

I immediately apologize for my English, I used a robot translator. Explain to me what is the point of limiting the change of specialization, it turns out that I need to pump the acolyte three times to try all his specializations. I’ve pumped the warlock up to level 100 and I’m already significantly tired, but I still have a long time to put him on. So now I want to try a necromancer and now I just have to spend an incredible amount of time to level 100 and the funny thing is that this is a pointlessly wasted time, this time will not bring me any pleasure, but will only make me angry. I think that the restriction on changing specialization should be removed, this is clearly a bad idea. Make it paid, here’s another way to get excess gold out of the game. Thanks for attention.

Essentially, the game has 15 classes, not 5.
Base class is not ‘real’ class, it is what the collection of archetypes (=Masteries) are built upon. Druid, Beastmaster, Shaman, they are all “in tune with nature and the elements” style classes, so they are all Primalist.

Respec cost would be bad, because then every Base class has 1 Mastery that is “must use this to level”. The intention is to play the class you want to play, not constantly have to minmax efficiency.

Leveling a new character through Campaign takes me less time than leveling 98-100 on most builds. It’s not as bad, although boring after 30 characters. I try to use leveling as experimentation time, use skills or nodes I generally would not to see if it’s useful in that build or a future one.

Tried to keep it simple for the robot translator :wink:

1 Like

Please search before posting, it’s basic forum etiquette. This has been discussed dozens of times and there is no reason for a new post about it.

3 Likes

I have more tolerance for non-native speakers using something like Google translate. For them searching probably is hard, native English speakers have no such excuse.

1 Like

While that is true, it’s just as hard understanding other threads as understanding the answers to this one.

Anyway, in answer to the OP, here is a thread that pretty much has both points of view and several reasons for each:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.